Partick Thistle Vs Ross County

jagfox

The effort and willpower to get over the line there was immense. Some standouts performances , Lindsay , Elliot and Azeez were magnificent and of course DOOOOOOLAAAN.

Team spirit at the match end brought a lump to my throat.

Real physical battle of a game which we often loose but the team manned up magnificently.

Great atmosphere in the Northy during and at the end too.

Two fantastically taken goals from Dools today to go along with a cracker from County as well. Found myself getting a bit emotional at the end when Dools ran up to the North at the end and lifted his jersey up with Doolan 100 on it ( I think!) As for the game, we were dreadful in the first half and only picked it up after the whole place got a lift with No 100. A lovely minutes applause for Rab. Taking Dools out the mix, I thought Christie Elliot was fantastic today with Lindsay and Keown not far behind. Was one of those days when nothing came off for Erskine, but the result is all that matters. Just as an aside for my old mate Sabbath, I thought Azeez did a great job when he came on. Running balls into corners, holding it up brilliantly and making sure the ball stayed down the other end and keeping the pressure off the defence at the end. All in all, not a great performance but a fantastic result. Hope young Rab was watching from upstairs!

Edited by Lindau

Doolan!!

Good to see us come back from a goal down for an important and deserved win. County are a physically strong side and I would be surprised if they ended in the relegation places. We had both the grit and the craft to pick up the 3 points - surely that secures our Top Six place.

Erskine had one of his off days though he still has the ability to create chances - a wonderful touch but tried to play Dools in when he was clean through. Osman looks increasingly like he is held together with duct tape and we are running out of midfielders.

Keown was again solid and Lindsay came on to a good game...Lawless was excellent and Elliot of whom I have never been a great fan had an outstanding game. Azeez was great entertainment bashing into County defenders.

But it was a special day to be at Firhill to see Kris Doolan score two more very well-taken goals and reach the 100 Milestone - well done that man.

Doolan!!

Edited by Winter of '63

What a result. That should be us now provided there are no strange results. Seen the goals there on sky sports, nice touch by azeez to put doolan in for the 2nd. Doolan is a legend, what a way to celebrate breaking through the century. Its a good time to be a Jag. The inverness and killie kick in the baws is forgiven

Dools rightly MOTM and agree Christie was excellent today, however I think the game changed when Azeeze came on. Until then the County defence looked comfortable dealing with our attack.

Credit also to Scott Fox for coming up and congratulating Doolan at the end.

Edited by Motherwell Jag
  • Like 1

If he was, then he was knob that gave us excellent service during his time with us - he was an integral part of a group that took us many, many miles on the road to our current status.

For that alone he deserves respect - in my opinion.

Agree with that. He gave us great service and a lot of people have forgotten that, though he could have done with keeping his trap shut about wanting to move to a bigger club with a bigger support, then moving to Ross County. Good servant but we now have a keeper that is far better so it's all worked out fine for everyone concerned

• Like 1

IT was pretty obvious right from the start that it wasn't going to be a good day for Erskine. Although he did have a great chance in the 2nd half when he was clean through. I think Doolan was offside combine with Erskine's lack of confidence today resulted in the chance being missed. Agree with others, Elliot was outstanding.

It's a long time since I enjoyed a half of football as much as I did the second half this afternoon. After looking jittery and out of sorts in the first half, we came racing out of the blocks in the second and were clearly the better side. Oddly, when we conceded I wasn't overly concerned. There was something in the air this afternoon. It was Doolan's day. And what a cracking couple of goals to take him to 100 and beyond. Special mention for some other star performers though: Elliot was fantastic, as were Lindsay and Keown at the back. Fantastic.

Two fantastically taken goals from Dools today to go along with a cracker from County as well!

Their goal was well taken but it came from a blunder by Barton (who had his head in his hands afterwards realising what he'd done (trying to knock the ball sideways to a team mate rather than just clearing it and instead laying it on to the RC player). Great effort from the Jags coming back so well from such a sickener.

Our own two goals were not only well taken by Dools but well set up by Lindsay and Barton.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Their goal was well taken but it came from a blunder by Barton (who had his head in his hands afterwards realising what he'd done (trying to knock the ball sideways to a team mate rather than just clearing it and instead laying it on to the RC player). Great effort from the Jags coming back so well from such a sickener.

Our own two goals were not only well taken by Dools but well set up by Lindsay and Barton.

Was right in line with it in the North and he struck it beautifully. Am I the only one that was a bit shocked where County played Boyce today. They had him as more of a midfielder than a striker. If he gets fed up with that role, would be happy to see him at Firhill, though I thought he was looking a bit "chunky" today!

Edited by Lindau

Horrible first half but, similar to a fortnight ago at Rugby Park, we managed to drastically improve in the second.

Two great finishes from Doolan but Elliott definitely getting the credit he deserves. Fantastic in both halves.

Top six is just about ours. Kilmarnock will either have to beat Celtic or Rangers, or draw with both of them and Dundee would have to win their last three games before the split to catch us. Looking forward to a relaxing end to the season for a change..

Thought County were uncharacteristically very positive today but Archie countered their game plan during play very effectively. At first it was looking like County were winning just about every 50/50 ball in midfield. I think it was more a case of standing off them and stealing the ball. It worked well and had Erskine been on song it would've proved more productive. Also when we changed to three at the back, with Barton dropping into the middle of the defence we looked a lot more solid. When Osman went off it made the introduction of Devine that much easier, the only drawback being we were stuck with that formation for the rest of the game.

Plenty been said already about Elliott but I also thought Big Liam was immense. From Archie's point of view I'm sure he'll be chuffed with Lawless and Azeez who both in their different ways helped keep the ball up the right end of the park. Can't come up with words that can come close to express my admiration for Kris Doolan.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

All credit to Kris what a day for him and his family. There were no failures today with special mention to Liam and Nial if we had them for the next 5 Years we could do a lot worse. On the day though Christie was immense and all credit to him my MOM.

There was a time when I held my head in my head in my hands and groaned when Christie Elliot's name was in the team sheet. What an improvement that player has made to his game. Today quite simply the best player on the park. Well done Christie, you deserve great credit.