Jags V Dons

Last match of an historical season.

Will we finally take something from Dons?

Will Dools finally break his duck against them?

Will Keown play his last game for us?

Will we not concede a penalty?

Will this be Archie's last match in charge?

Let's hope we end the season on a high.

C'mon Jags a win here and we go into the close season in a better humour.

• Like 1

Regardless of post split frustrations it's been a great season. It would be great to sign off with a win, or even a good draw, to take everyone into the close season in the high spirits that this season's achievements definitely merit.

• Like 2

I would like to see Nesbit and McCarthy getting a run out. Maybe even Penrice since Booth is suspended and Dumbuya is a little doubtful. I assume he will be back as the season is over in the lower divisions (apart from play off games). Nesbit and McCarthy both play in advanced positions so you could risk playing them (especially as Aberdeen players will be wanting to avoid injury and missing the cup game) as you could have an experienced defensive midfield and defence behind them.

With Osman and Cerny likely to be out too, the options are looking limited. If Osman is out there's no way we can play Edwards at wing back (as we did once before) he'll be needed in midfield, so I would prefer Penrice to come in. As a safety measure we have the option of playing a three at the back with Devine, Lindsay and Keown though there isn't a natural option for a third midfielder beside Barton and Edwards - I suppose a player just between midfield and attack like Erskine or Lawless would be the best option though I'd like to see McCarthy get a run out too. Up front I'd play Dools or Azeez alongside Nesbit.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Penrice is not eligible - and it's Nisbet!

How not? East Fife's season is over.

Edit. I suppose if you're right and Dumbuya doesn't make it we could go three at the back and play Amoo and Elliot as wing backs. Or I seem to remember Keown has played right back in the past.

Edited by Mr Bunny

A few tough decisions for Archie. Booth is suspended and we can't play Penrice but if Elliott or Edwards get booked they start next season with a suspension so do we risk either or both of them? Given the last 2 seasons have seen us start poorly in the league I don't want any suspensions that could be avoided.

A few tough decisions for Archie. Booth is suspended and we can't play Penrice but if Elliott or Edwards get booked they start next season with a suspension so do we risk either or both of them? Given the last 2 seasons have seen us start poorly in the league I don't want any suspensions that could be avoided.

Good points. FT. I don't tho', given what little is at stake, believe Archie's decisions are particularly tough. I'd have fancied us to beat the Dons if the result would've had any meaning but alas we're not exactly noted for winning these sort of inconsequential matches. Wouldn't be the least surprised if yon 0-0 at Fir Park a few seasons ago is an accurate enough template for tomorrow's fare.

I am confident it won't be Archie's last game tomorrow and don't really care what the result is. The most important thing is we do our business well in the close season. We let the dead wood go and sign well, if we do then we should improve on this season if we can we will all be happy(well at least 99% of us).

Archie on Jagzone saying he is struggling to get a side out tomorrow due to injuries, suspensions and guys on bookings. It's a nothing game other than it would be nice to take something off them this season. Hopefully Nisbet, McLaughlin and McCarthy can get a run out. Sadly, given the team selection headaches, Aberdeen look a half decent bet at 10/11.

I hope that it is not but there is the possibility it could be Archie's last game as manager so on that basis alone I hope we get as many people turning up as possible.

Before anyone says it, yes it's the Sun, but this interview makes it look like he is in no rush to leave!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1036398/partick-thistle-boss-alan-archibald-looking-forward-to-the-future-after-securing-top-six-spot-for-the-first-time-since-the-split-was-introduced/

No Cerny, Elliot, Booth, Doumbaya, Osman or Devine. Only 5 young subs and Ryan Scully back on bench. Ade and Dools up front. This could be a long dinner time. Aberdeen have a strong 11 out!

Edited by Lindau