New Home Kit?

lithgaejag

Have to say I'm happy with the home and away kits for this season. It's felt like a long time from a competitive game and I can't wait until Saturday to get to the match. Let's hope Archie pulls out at least a couple of good additions to the team, in particular a contributing forward and we'll surely have another good season.

• Like 1

Frosty reception or not there was a ridiculous amount of votes cast. If someone asks whether you want punched with a left hand or a right hand you'd choose neither. Voting for the least naff as hundreds did was the exact same as saying "I really like that yin, it's a cracker". Maybe a third button of "Neither" leading to a "Why" box would've been better.

I know of someone who voted for the winning strip multiple times via a proxy. I suspect they weren't the only one as there did seem to be a rather large influx of last minute votes right at the end.

Anyway, we're stuck with it now. For my tuppenth worth, I think it's a sh1ter - much preferred the other one that was more red tho not been keen on the majority of the Joma tops in all honesty.

Why not? It looks like Dunfermline got theirs designed.

Maxi said at the last trust meeting we are restricted to picking from the Joma templates. Pars might be dealing direct with joma and selling themselves rather than thru an agent. I'd bet they will probably sell more too

Edited by Wayfarer

Didn't look quite as bad in the video with the guys knocking the ball about with it so may look OK from a distance (e.g. from the stand watching them on the park). Don't think I will buy it though. Fortunately the away strip is an option - I'll definitely get that one.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 1

Puts us to shame. Who is the premier league team

--

Is it possible that we are currently a premier league team while Dunfermline (with a bigger support) dropped through the divisions because we didn't get ourselves into trouble spending money we didn't have trying to look big time?

Puts us to shame. Who is the premier league team

--

Is it possible that we are currently a premier league team while Dunfermline (with a bigger support) dropped through the divisions because we didn't get ourselves into trouble spending money we didn't have trying to look big time?

Disagree if you want but right now we are the bigger team than Dunfermline.

If only there were an easily accessible place to go and see the new strips in person. A shop maybe, that is open during the week and sells all things Thistle. A shop that can be reached easily by foot, car or public transport. A shop that someone could easily pop into during the day to browse or pick up that last minute birthday gift.

Maybe one day there will be......

I nipped in at lunchtime today. Not too impressed with the home top up close but it'll stand out on the pitch which is a plus.

(Managed to get there and back and wait for an order within 25 minutes of leaving the office ;))

The internet is quite a useful invention for buying stuff. Started off as e-commerce but developed into the simple description of shopping.

Not so if you dont want parcels disturbing your sleep if you are a night shift worker. Or if you don't want to pay P+P and still not have it in time for seasons start and also if you would like to check sizes in the flesh as Jomas sizes change each season.

I have just realised what it is that I don't like about either of our kits this season - a lack of sponsors. Last season we had a front of top sponsor, 2 sponsors on the back and sponsors for the shorts and at the moment there is only a front sponsor. At a club of our size we need to be maximising every opportunity to generate money and going by the staff directory on the website we are still operating without a commercial manager. Makes it hard for Archie to compete with other clubs if we are both after the same player.

I have just realised what it is that I don't like about either of our kits this season - a lack of sponsors. Last season we had a front of top sponsor, 2 sponsors on the back and sponsors for the shorts and at the moment there is only a front sponsor. At a club of our size we need to be maximising every opportunity to generate money and going by the staff directory on the website we are still operating without a commercial manager. Makes it hard for Archie to compete with other clubs if we are both after the same player.

You're becoming a parody of yourself.

You are joking, yeah?

Nothing to do with the kit being a horrendous blurred red and yellow cape that hurts your eyes if you look at it to long - you don't like it because we've not covered it in sponsorship?

• Like 1

None of us know (or have any right to know) how much the Club net from strip sales. You won't get an argument from me that incremental sales aren't a major income for the Club but I'd suggest strip sales as such aren't in isolation gigantically that important. For instance one single person paying at the gate for one single league match will generate more net profit for the Club than from the sale of how many tops?

The best way to generate funds to help Archie is for fans to turn up at home games. All the other ways of raising funds are of course important but only when taken collectively. Certainly no fan should feel bad about not forking out £40-£50 on a Jags top given so little of that outlay is likely to end up in the Firhill coffers.

• Like 3

You are joking, yeah?

Nothing to do with the kit being a horrendous blurred red and yellow cape that hurts your eyes if you look at it to long - you don't like it because we've not covered it in sponsorship?

Cape is just the right word. It reminds me of what the dwarves wore in the Hobbit.

• Like 1

I have just realised what it is that I don't like about either of our kits this season - a lack of sponsors. Last season we had a front of top sponsor, 2 sponsors on the back and sponsors for the shorts and at the moment there is only a front sponsor.

Don't panic. Don't panic.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/fleet-alliance-named-new-back-of-shirt-sponsor/