Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
jagfox

Partick Thistle vs Falkirk - 7 November

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Bryza said:

Some man, thats me in.
Cheers fella

Glad it worked. I had help from fellow forum users and Beth at the Firhill office a few weeks ago to get my account going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As others have highlighted, it was the failure to have have any sort of controlled and time using up possession in the Falkirk half that really cost us. Their goal was a bit fortunate, but the more you play back in your own box, the more unlucky you are likely to be.

Remember how teams like St Johnstone and Ross County took all the life and pace out of games when they were a goal ahead. Killing the game did not mean retreating into their penalty area, and usually ended up with an effective opposite end corner flagging routine. Boring, boring, but effective.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, laukat said:

Williamson and Cardle combined well in attack but we did look more fragile at right back when defending. So I can understand McCall wanted to strengthen that side of the pitch with a few minutes to go but he should have swapped Foster for Williamson rather than Gordon for Cardle.

I thought we played better than Falkirk overall. The 2 goals lost, particularly the first are the type lost when you have not a lot of confidence and not a lot of luck.

 

Penalty lost as well was possibly a sign of a team low in confidence 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, northernsoul said:

Partick Thistle Family Club

Remember we are a family Club now, not a Football Club. Results on the park are not paramount importance now.

 

With due respect that’s rubbish, we should be able to run as both like the “ Celtic Family or the Rangers Family “ or whatever way they want to dress it up

Football is all about players , the players we’ve recruited over the last 3 years haven’t been good enough, the players that we’ve recruited even this season haven’t  improved anything ,possibly Ross Docherty being the exception .

A manager at our level should be looking at improving players with coaching especially with the financial constraints we’re working under  but that doesn’t look as if that’s happening.

There is no reason why some of the young players like Dean Watson or Andy Rodden couldn’t have been integrated into the first team set up , players with a hunger to succeed and have a future in the game , they might have just sparked something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

With due respect that’s rubbish, we should be able to run as both like the “ Celtic Family or the Rangers Family “ or whatever way they want to dress it up

Football is all about players , the players we’ve recruited over the last 3 years haven’t been good enough, the players that we’ve recruited even this season haven’t  improved anything ,possibly Ross Docherty being the exception .

A manager at our level should be looking at improving players with coaching especially with the financial constraints we’re working under  but that doesn’t look as if that’s happening.

There is no reason why some of the young players like Dean Watson or Andy Rodden couldn’t have been integrated into the first team set up , players with a hunger to succeed and have a future in the game , they might have just sparked something.


You obviously haven’t seen Watson or Rodden, our youth academy standard of player is no better than average poor boys club , don’t mention names for the sake of it when you have no idea who they are or if there any good , which there absolutely NOT 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bobbyhouston said:


You obviously haven’t seen Watson or Rodden, our youth academy standard of player is no better than average poor boys club , don’t mention names for the sake of it when you have no idea who they are or if there any good , which there absolutely NOT 

Honestly you talk the biggest lot of nonsense on this forum , watched Rodden and Dean Watson for the last 2 years whilst watching my nephew playing.

Go and do one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Honestly you talk the biggest lot of nonsense on this forum , watched Rodden and Dean Watson for the last 2 years whilst watching my nephew playing.

Go and do one 

Dean scored a goal today and was brought down for a penalty playing for East Stirlingshire. I would have preferred to see him in the squad which would have left money over to bring in cover if required (which it now is) rather than "take a chance" (the manager's words) on Reilly who has not featured at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Honestly you talk the biggest lot of nonsense on this forum , watched Rodden and Dean Watson for the last 2 years whilst watching my nephew playing.

Go and do one 


you think they are they standard of 1st team players then your better following the woman’s team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Honestly you talk the biggest lot of nonsense on this forum , watched Rodden and Dean Watson for the last 2 years whilst watching my nephew playing.

Go and do one 


Your eyes must have been bleeding after 4 weeks never mind 2 years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fawlty Towers said:

Dean scored a goal today and was brought down for a penalty playing for East Stirlingshire. I would have preferred to see him in the squad which would have left money over to bring in cover if required (which it now is) rather than "take a chance" (the manager's words) on Reilly who has not featured at all.

Think he had 2 assists last week last week as well , not every Academy player is going to make it but there has got to be a pathway there to the first team . Andy Rodden was playing well before his cruciate knee injury and would have given  Penrice a run for his money.

Watched Penrice today , did the basics but never bust a gut to overlap so a lot of the time we just resort to type by launching the ball up to Brian Graham .

It wasn’t a great watch , no chance of that team getting promotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bobbyhouston said:


you think they are they standard of 1st team players then your better following the woman’s team 

Why is it necessary for so many of your posts to be so confrontational to fellow Jags fans?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

Think he had 2 assists last week last week as well , not every Academy player is going to make it but there has got to be a pathway there to the first team . Andy Rodden was playing well before his cruciate knee injury and would have given  Penrice a run for his money.

Watched Penrice today , did the basics but never bust a gut to overlap so a lot of the time we just resort to type by launching the ball up to Brian Graham .

It wasn’t a great watch , no chance of that team getting promotion.


Annan - Rodden - Zero minutes on loan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bobbyhouston said:


you think they are they standard of 1st team players then your better following the woman’s team 

Did you watch that nonsense today , or the last 4 games , setting your standards high , incidentally are you still getting your U 16s season ticket 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

Why is it necessary for so many of your posts to be so confrontational to fellow Jags fans?


Barney there not it seems you think I like a Rubble 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

Did you watch that nonsense today , or the last 4 games , setting your standards high , incidentally are you still getting your U 16s season ticket 


what bit am I supposed to laugh at 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bobbyhouston said:


Annan - Rodden - Zero minutes on loan 

He’s been back at Firhill since the start of the season, mostly been on the bench . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bobbyhouston said:


you think they are they standard of 1st team players then your better following the woman’s team 

Wow , The Donald Trump of the Forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the highlights, it looks like Falkirk’s 1st was offside, although Williamson’s toe may have been playing him onside. Not sure Wright’s positioning was right. For their 2nd, who was supposed to be marking Telfer - he was free in the box

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me Michael Max's commententary sums it all up when he said that " although there were a few individual good performances, they just weren't playing as a team ". (paraphrased)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Watched the highlights, it looks like Falkirk’s 1st was offside, although Williamson’s toe may have been playing him onside. Not sure Wright’s positioning was right. For their 2nd, who was supposed to be marking Telfer - he was free in the box

Looked like Shea Gordon to me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scotty said:

For me Michael Max's commententary sums it all up when he said that " although there were a few individual good performances, they just weren't playing as a team ". (paraphrased)

I agree. The combinations and link up play all seem so laboured....

Thought Lyons showed potential - would like to see an attacking mid three of Lyons, Spittal and Cardle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

Watched the highlights, it looks like Falkirk’s 1st was offside, although Williamson’s toe may have been playing him onside. Not sure Wright’s positioning was right. For their 2nd, who was supposed to be marking Telfer - he was free in the box

If he'd taken a step out before the pass, there's no doubt at all about offside.  Graham & Doherty suspended for Betfred Cup game against Morton, so an opportunity for a few to stake a claim.

Graham good at the back post for our 1st,  and took the 2nd well. As for the equaliser,  why oh why can't we take the ball for a walk to the corner flag?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×