Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
javeajag

Retro Top ?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

They are nice but more of a tribute as opposed to retro kit.

Exactly. When I saw the away strip teaser I was tempted but seeing it not that keen. Stripes too wide and badge too big. For £40 they could have put some effort in on the collar trim as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bryza said:

Nope.
Greaves only started when we were with Puma.
The jags shop around 91/93 during the Spall days,  use to be a door to the left of the main stands main entrance as you looked at it before it moved to where it is now.

screenshot_102.png.b47f1454af17aa4947315e7f7208bf87.png

and before that I remember it being a stall in the main stand on the concourse.

That's a new one for me; no recollection of that whatsoever!

ETA: I wonder what the space is used for now.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

Because I worked for the for the opposition  I refused to buy my son the Colonel Gees top.  Eddie Keen was the guy who owned them and is holding the cheque..

Who's the guy on the right, who looks like he got lost on the way to Ascot?

Edited by Jaggernaut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Used to be a club shop upstairs in main office from Monday to Friday. 

Then opened for match day down stairs to same place as now .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

Who's the guy on the right, who looks like he got lost on the way to Ascot?

Listed as unknown in pic as is the women a couple along.  Girl modelling kit is named as Miss Stella Artois which I am taking a guess ain’t her real name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, elevenone said:

Listed as unknown in pic as is the women a couple along.  Girl modelling kit is named as Miss Stella Artois which I am taking a guess ain’t her real name.

I actually knew a girl called Stella Brewer, but it's not her in the pic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Trivia question No 355..... "What's the connection between Sweetheart Stout and the one time popular beat combo, Guns N' Roses?

The girl on the beer can is Axl Rose's mother in law. Or former mother in law!:drink2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2020 at 3:56 PM, Sinistar said:
  1. Jags-Tops.png

Recently stumbled across Jags replica tops for sale here

No idea if they are any good or not, they don't look perfect but another option for anyone in the market for a vintage top.

 

 

These are awful! 

At a push and if required to pick one might go for the 94/95 home strip - though it's very challenging on the eye!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my 91-93 Home Retro shirt this morning. 

Quality is great. Far better than Joma was. Badge and sponsor is also ironed on (feels like felt) as opposed to being printed. Sizing is also very good. I'm about 6ft"1 and the large is a great fit. 

Would definitely recommend. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2020 at 1:08 PM, Dick Dastardly said:

I do quite like the 84/86 home, but I don't remember us ever wearing yellow and white stripes

Remember it as two very pale yellows teamed with black shorts. Not a great kit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2020 at 12:38 PM, exiledjag said:

These are awful! 

At a push and if required to pick one might go for the 94/95 home strip - though it's very challenging on the eye!!

Just remember if it’s Dunnottar you order from your likely to be waiting till December 2021 before it arrives, if at all mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just get Morton's t-shirts to print the stealth bomber on the back of the new shirts. Done it twice now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alx said:

I just get Morton's t-shirts to print the stealth bomber on the back of the new shirts. Done it twice now.

 

There can't be many football forums where supporters regularly mention "stealth bomber" (and maybe "bing"), and everybody knows what they're talking about.

Any other examples of words that feature prominently in the Jaggish lexicon? (Apart from the obvious, relating to on-field performances, events and results..... those are probably shared by many other sets of fans.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

There can't be many football forums where supporters regularly mention "stealth bomber" (and maybe "bing"), and everybody knows what they're talking about.

Any other examples of words that feature prominently in the Jaggish lexicon? (Apart from the obvious, relating to on-field performances, events and results..... those are probably shared by many other sets of fans.)

 

6 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

There can't be many football forums where supporters regularly mention "stealth bomber" (and maybe "bing"), and everybody knows what they're talking about.

Any other examples of words that feature prominently in the Jaggish lexicon? (Apart from the obvious, relating to on-field performances, events and results..... those are probably shared by many other sets of fans.)

Are Thistle fans the only ones who don't think of a boy band when someone mentions JLS?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fifexile said:

 

Are Thistle fans the only ones who don't think of a boy band when someone mentions JLS?

I always call it the John Lambie Stand for this very reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×