Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
exiledjag

Montrose v The Champions

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

I do not think that even Neil Doncaster could devise a way to throw the book at us for this, and  dock us sufficient points to deny us promotion! 

If it's a Rule Book, he'll have a hard job finding one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Falkirk don't make it into the top four they'd be hard pushed to blame us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imo our only concern is the health and fitness of the Thistle players. The new season starts in July,we don't want any players picking up injuries that could have them miss the start of next season. The final league positions are decided over the full season,which this season is 22 games not just a game that is played this Tuesday. I am not bothered where other teams finish. They have had the full season to get to the highest position they can.

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is plenty of prescient for clubs fielding weakened teams after winning the league and not getting punished. I would hope and expect it applies to all Glasgow clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

There is plenty of prescient for clubs fielding weakened teams after winning the league and not getting punished. I would hope and expect it applies to all Glasgow clubs.

Think you can add to that clubs playing weakened sides and/or going thru the motions when they've already qualified for the play offs. More so as the play offs are usually only days away.

I actually fancy us better to get a result largely fielding players who didn't feature much on Thursday.  

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

There is plenty of prescient for clubs fielding weakened teams after winning the league and not getting punished. I would hope and expect it applies to all Glasgow clubs.

I vaguely remember years ago there were complaints when Aberdeen suggested they might play a bunch of youngsters against Celtic in a league match.  They did so and they beat Celtic!  (Don't know how vague or otherwise that is).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wright

williamson

mckenna

senna

Penrice

lyons

geggan

gordon

cardle (c)

rudden

maciver

 

Load of youngsters on the bench

Edited by p12tfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2021 at 1:36 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

If it's a Rule Book, he'll have a hard job finding one.

But he can always write his own.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, p12tfc said:

Wright

williamson

mckenna

senna

Penrice

lyons

geggan

gordon

cardle (c)

rudden

maciver

 

Load of youngsters on the bench

If (as is rumoured) Penrice and Williamson have signed precontracts else where then they shouldn't start. Give the appearance money to someone who will be with us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

If (as is rumoured) Penrice and Williamson have signed precontracts else where then they shouldn't start. Give the appearance money to someone who will be with us. 

Williamson has with Falkirk but not heard anything of Penrice moving , who’s he apparently signed with ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bobbyhouston said:

Williamson has with Falkirk but not heard anything of Penrice moving , who’s he apparently signed with ?

Don't know. It was mentioned on here at the weekend or last week. Probably a load of rubbish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless I'm mistaken, pre-contracts are not binding so they could change their minds.

No point pi**ing players off who've just won us the league a few days ago by leaving them out against Montrose unless they've still got a raging hangover!

Edited by gianlucatoni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Williamson one is strange. By all accounts he has indeed signed at Falkirk which means it was a huge call to play him on Thursday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gianlucatoni said:

Unless I'm mistaken, pre-contracts are not binding so they could change their minds.

No point pi**ing players off who've just won us the league a few days ago by leaving them out against Montrose unless they've still got a raging hangover!


 

It usually comes down to what exactly the arrangement states. In Scots Law you can't "agree to agree". So if a pre-contract said "I will sign a contract on June 1, 2021" that would be unenforceable as you're agreeing to do something in future. But if the contract said "I have signed and it is effective from June 1, 2021" then that would be a binding pre- contract. Majority of clubs will ensure its “I have signed “

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobbyhouston said:


 

It usually comes down to what exactly the arrangement states. In Scots Law you can't "agree to agree". So if a pre-contract said "I will sign a contract on June 1, 2021" that would be unenforceable as you're agreeing to do something in future. But if the contract said "I have signed and it is effective from June 1, 2021" then that would be a binding pre- contract. Majority of clubs will ensure its “I have signed “

 

 

 

I’m sure that Docherty wouldn’t have been with us this year if he’d had any way out of his pre-contract

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I’m sure that Docherty wouldn’t have been with us this year if he’d had any way out of his pre-contract

Or maybe he decided that given he was out of contract and his previous employer was not obliged to offer him furlough Thistle were prepared to honour the contract and pay him he should honour it too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neither Penrice or Williamson are indispensable but if its at all possible I would prefer them to remain Jags. 

To the game with Montrose! 

I would like a win and although it's an away game I think we have enough within the squad to win and still not play key players. 

I hope Mcall includes Wright, McKenna, Niang, Lyons, Murray, McIver  in the starting line-up and puts the responsibility to win the game onto their shoulders. 

I also hope Falkirk can take at least a  point from Airdrie! 

I don't see much between Airdrie and Cove and think one or other have a great chance of joining us in the Championship. The championship play off team I suspect will be Ayr. They face a difficult away game at ICT. I expect Arbroath and Moreton to play out a 'cosy' draw  in their final game at gayfield! 

As it's the final game I am going to break my vow and pay to stream the game! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I don't see much between Airdrie and Cove and think one or other have a great chance of joining us in the Championship. The championship play off team I suspect will be Ayr. They face a difficult away game at ICT. I expect Arbroath and Moreton to play out a 'cosy' draw  in their final game at gayfield! 

You're partly right.   Not so cosy for Morton after all!  You were doing something else on Friday evening?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×