January Transfer Window

javeajag

8 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Rudden deal is a loan. I’m speculating that part of the reason is that part of any transfer fee would have gone to Rangers, while this is not the case with a loan fee (maybe?)

So hypothetically we get Dundee in play off final and beat them Zak could then say to hell with Championship, lets be having a new contract with Jags and play in the top league?

Slightly underwhelming so far.

Before the window started we really needed a Rudden replacement, a backup striker better than MacIver, a winger and a goalkeeper.

On the plus side McAllister looks a decent signing and should fill the need for a winger

I could understand taking Jukabaik on loan and as the longterm Rudden replacement if we could make the signing permanent in the summer assuming he did well. However he has signed for another year at Dundee so difficult to see how he comes to us unless we are going to wipe out the Rudden development fee? Its now looking like the only financial benefit we are getting from that deal may be not having to pay Rudden's wage for the next few months and possibly get Jukabiak's wage covered by Dundee.

We still need a backup striker and ideally we need that striker now to be a permanent signing unless we will find ourselves in the summer with only Brian Graham as our only contracted striker.

So far we have let go Hastie, Stone, Gordon and Rudden to replace them with Crawford, McAllister and Jukabaik. We are at least 1 player down and whilst its rumoured McCall is looking at a striker on loan which would bring us back up to similar numbers as before the start we ideally needed to increase the headcount to cope with the extra fixtures. 

9 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Does Jakubiak kook heavy(ish) in the Jags top or is he just muscular. The guy who dislocated Jakubiak's shoulder in that nightclub altercation must have been really fit!

Goalkeeper and another striker and that's us - champions!

He’s no as chunky as Akinfenwa at Wycombe

696ABBB3-08B1-48AB-A34A-43E3B9972685.jpeg

Edited by sandy

4 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

It's all about squad management, especially with the hectic schedule we have coming up. We now have a smaller one than before.

It is. Time will tell. I'm hoping that we have added quality rather than quantity, especially with the 5 subs rule. Much will depend on how decent our 2 signings today are. Plus there is an hour to go......maybe one more in? 

4 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

It is. Time will tell. I'm hoping that we have added quality rather than quantity, especially with the 5 subs rule. Much will depend on how decent our 2 signings today are. Plus there is an hour to go......maybe one more in? 

There is still another whole month for loans within Scotland 

26 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Completely agree, do think today was a bit strange this transfer window- I was expecting more in

Yes. Very disappointed with the recruitment so far. This is not my usual go at McCall, but he hasn't performed great here. Unless....we are utterly rooked and he has been told to grab whatever he can that might fit a Thistle Jersey.

I don't think it's just about size of the squad - the three coming in, if of sufficient quality to compete for a starting place in team, are really only replacing Rudden, given how little we got out of Gordon, Stone and Hastie. Maybe a back-up goalie is the most obvious miss.

6 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

It's all about squad management, especially with the hectic schedule we have coming up. We now have a smaller one than before.

As has been stated several times the option to take players on loan is open to us till the end of February plus any free agents ….I expected more signings