Caldwell joining Hibs????

Grubber8468

12 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Iirc both were signed on short term deals until the end of last season. Bell then got another contract for this season.

And he's not been seen since last season. ETA. Bell was a major factor in turning round our promotion push last year, but not good enough for Championship. 

Edited by Garscube Road End 2

22 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

And he's not been seen since last season. ETA. Bell was a major factor in turning round our promotion push last year, but not good enough for Championship. 

Bell played some games at the start of the season then got injured. He was in the team that played in the Glasgow cup against Rangers on Tuesday night. So is probably on his way back to being fit. Mayo and Akinla are our current central defence, can't see Bell pushing one of them out the team.

2 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Bell played some games at the start of the season then got injured. He was in the team that played in the Glasgow cup against Rangers on Tuesday night. So is probably on his way back to being fit. Mayo and Akinla are our current central defence, can't see Bell pushing one of them out the team.

I would ring a bell and push a buzzer.

Bell might knock at the door, but I do not see Mayo and Akinola letting him in.

On 12/16/2021 at 4:53 PM, sandy said:

Harkins on a 2 year deal was the moment I knew Caldwell had lost the plot. What was he thinking?!

I meant Harkins but didn't spot the prescriptive text change. Yes that was a crazy signing.

I also agree with all the comments about the automatic selection of Bannigan and Docherty. I would have no hesitation in playing Turner in Central midfield and putting either off the two mentioned on the bench depending on their current form.

I think though I would favour Docherty.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I meant Harkins but didn't spot the prescriptive text change. Yes that was a crazy signing.

I also agree with all the comments about the automatic selection of Bannigan and Docherty. I would have no hesitation in playing Turner in Central midfield and putting either off the two mentioned on the bench depending on their current form.

I think though I would favour Docherty.

Don't think Turner will play Central mid against ICT. Would have no problem playing him just behind Graham/Rudden ( I'm assuming we go for a 5 4 1 in that game? 

1 hour ago, sandy said:

Talking of dross ex-managers, the Bunnet is attracting a bit of media attention. The Courier reports that Fergie phoned to congratulate him on taking Arbroath top. The article also conveys how bitter he is about being sacked by Thistle. Poor lamb 

Read the article. Dick name-dropping everywhere. I wonder if the phone calls really happened...Alex Ferguson saying to Dick Campbell "you're good enough to go to the top", well I wonder...

Got us relegated, scraped through a play-off, then we were heading to relegation again. No one in their right mind would have him back at Thistle.

Edited by milhouse
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sandy said:

Talking of dross ex-managers, the Bunnet is attracting a bit of media attention. The Courier reports that Fergie phoned to congratulate him on taking Arbroath top. The article also conveys how bitter he is about being sacked by Thistle. Poor lamb 

It was clearly the making of him.... he should thank us.   :thumbsup2:  Kevin Nisbet is another. Tis the season to be grateful.