V Morton

fifexile

8 hours ago, westertonjagfan said:

The ticketing site is still absolutely hopeless-just tried again and after going through countless loops to try to get an adult and student ticket before it fell over, I gave up.

I just had 20 quid taken from my account despite an error message and no ticket being available to download. Avoid.

Anyone travelling to game today might want a wee look at the impressive  new statue on Port Glasgow waterfront just after the Fergusson shipyard ..the “ Skelpies “…hopefully we’ll be doing to a bit of skelping  today ourselves after our last encounter with this mob .

Edited by Anniesland Jag
  • Like 1

Be interesting to see how Arbroath react to being knocked off top spot last night. I think the bunnet said last week for the first time they are going all out to win the league. Having been there for a while it might pile on pressure to players who previously had no expectations on them 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

Anyone got any more info on the roadworks as partickthedog mentioned earlier...

Went  by there twice last week around 1500 and was not too bad going west …maybe 5-10 min delay but not sure how it looks today.Stick to outside lane as it moves faster than left side filtering off at Bishopton and Erskine turnoffs .

• Like 1

Just read Alan Archibald's match preview and find it a bit worrying.

He is expecting Morton to be "in our faces" to stop us playing. I agreecwith this assessment. However the general tone of his preview is that Morton will play as they did at Firhill - be on the defensive. I hope he is correct because as the home team I think Morton will attack us at every opportunity and try to dominate possession.

If they are defensive it will not be because they choose to play that way it will be due to the Jags dominating the game. I think his tone is a little on the arrogant side.

2 hours ago, stillresigned said:

My memories of games at Cappielow are by no means universally happy ones.  Plenty of skelpings and I don’t have the impression that we’ll have it easy today either. However, I just have this wee feeling that we’ll get a result from today’s game

My one live memory was a 1 0 to Thistle, with a 40 yarder in the top corner by ?????

It will come back to me, unless anyone else knows the game.

5 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

My one live memory was a 1 0 to Thistle, with a 40 yarder in the top corner by ?????

It will come back to me, unless anyone else knows the game.

Was that the game where Rowson scored the absolute belter (20 rather than 40 yards) after the corner move which Scotland later copied for Sean Maloney to score v Ireland?