Rangers Vs Partick Thistle - Sunday 12 February

jagfox

2 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

Interesting comment from Michael Max during the game … “who knows who will be here next season given the financial situation”……..🤔

With a reported attendance of 44,000 today whatever Low has possibly left behind is hopefully filled……..

Very interesting comment in view of what has transpired.

44 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Very interesting comment in view of what has transpired.

Just to be clear it was just a comment based on whether we would be in a position to offer new deals to the existing players who we would like to re-sign because of the fact that we haven’t done so yet. I had not an inkling what was going to happen and the financial aspect was just a general observation of the perceived position financially we find ourselves in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, michael m said:

Just to be clear it was just a comment based on whether we would be in a position to offer new deals to the existing players who we would like to re-sign because of the fact that we haven’t done so yet. I had not an inkling what was going to happen and the financial aspect was just a general observation of the perceived position financially we find ourselves in. 

Fair play - Thanks for the clarification Michael.

5 hours ago, Grubber8468 said:

In Lanzarote watching in one of theirs bar. Horrible experience but doing ok so far!! Mon thistle!

If in Puerto Del Carmen pity you didn’t know about the Tavern On The Seafront, Raymond Stark involved there. He does quizzes most nights too

As for VAR to my eyes both penalties were wrong decisions, Our penalty smacked of they've nae chance now's my time to look good in the eyes of the tottie munchers. The H*ns was just your bog standard "penalty to Rangers" either that or send off a Jag. This might not have went down as well if your trying to look impartial. The chance of Silverware gone for another year. Ho Hum.   

• Like 1

Can I just make the point that while yesterday's game might be remembered for several things -- crazy VAR decisions, the sacking of the Thistle management team despite the good performance, the almost inevitable loss of a late goal to lose the game against that shower -- let's not forget that there occurred surely the best-ever goal in Thistle's history! For more than 50 years Dan McLindon held that record, having dribbled around 7 Dundee United players all alone before dinking the ball past a bewildered Arab goalie. But yesterday Tiffoney totally outpaced the ENTIRE h un s team, who could only stand and watch, and then he proceeded to make their goalie look like a total diddy before calmly stroking the ball into the net. It was truly world-class, likely to get millions of views for years to come!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Can I just make the point that while yesterday's game might be remembered for several things -- crazy VAR decisions, the sacking of the Thistle management team despite the good performance, the almost inevitable loss of a late goal to lose the game against that shower -- let's not forget that there occurred surely the best-ever goal in Thistle's history! For more than 50 years Dan McLindon held that record, having dribbled around 7 Dundee United players all alone before dinking the ball past a bewildered Arab goalie. But yesterday Tiffoney totally outpaced the ENTIRE h un s team, who could only stand and watch, and then he proceeded to make their goalie look like a total diddy before calmly stroking the ball into the net. It was truly world-class, likely to get millions of views for years to come!

But even watching the replays and knowing what happens, I still think he is going to miss

I wasn't there and have only seen Sportscene highlights. Can somebody who was there or saw the game on Viaplay tell me this - did the "injured" villain of the piece receive treatment from the Rangers medical team. I ask because some reports say he received treatment  If so he should not have been on the pitch when the shy was taken.

1 hour ago, QXBoy said:

I wasn't there and have only seen Sportscene highlights. Can somebody who was there or saw the game on Viaplay tell me this - did the "injured" villain of the piece receive treatment from the Rangers medical team. I ask because some reports say he received treatment  If so he should not have been on the pitch when the shy was taken.

That’s a very valid point!

1 hour ago, QXBoy said:

Probably not but no idea what the rules are nowadays as it happened a couple times in the Cove game with different outcomes. 

On another note, having seen the penalty decisions on Sportscene (too far away from where I was sitting) none should have been given. the foul on Holt when Tillman manhandled him at the edge of the box should have been but even though the ref was close both he & VAR ignored it

Was there bother before the game?  A very polite and professional chief steward said there had been so size of crowd and handbags police said to keep away fans in which to be honest was of no issue as it helped us avoid traffic chaos.  Also saw a car driver tell a cop there was hassle on Broomloan Rd so 4 or 5 police went down to investigate.

18 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Was there bother before the game?  A very polite and professional chief steward said there had been so size of crowd and handbags police said to keep away fans in which to be honest was of no issue as it helped us avoid traffic chaos.  Also saw a car driver tell a cop there was hassle on Broomloan Rd so 4 or 5 police went down to investigate.

Handbag Stuff as Thistle Fans entered the Stadium - Police were on it right away so nothing happened