Away to Airdrie

Jaggernaut

Who's going to start the thread for this clearly winnable game?

My last memory of a game there was when Christie Elliott's last-minute sclaff sent us all into raptures.

That kind of helped to come to terms with the absolute, heart-sinking awfulness of Drumgelloch.... All I'll say is I hope that some people living there can try to work towards a better life and raise their everyday environment above being a sh*t/hell-hole, because no matter how you try to dress it up, that's what it is.

Welcome to the so-called UK in the 21st century. 

2-0 Jags.

Cue the bile: 

Edited by Jaggernaut

36 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Every chance McMillan won't play 90 mins on artificial surface. Think Zander good enough to replace him.

Reckon this will be the hardest game we'll have played. I wouldn't be disappointed with a draw provided we show improvement in defending.

Was Zander injured on Saturday? Wasn’t on the bench

On 8/9/2023 at 8:51 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Every chance McMillan won't play 90 mins on artificial surface. Think Zander good enough to replace him.

Reckon this will be the hardest game we'll have played. I wouldn't be disappointed with a draw provided we show improvement in defending.

McMillan played every game last season. Why would he not play because of an artificial pitch? 

29 minutes ago, jagfox said:

McMillan played every game last season. Why would he not play because of an artificial pitch? 

I imagine he'll play 90 mins if fully fit. I'm thinking he'll perhaps be needing more than the one game to regain fitness. If so he's more likely to be subbed playing on plastic.   

On 8/9/2023 at 3:44 PM, Jaggernaut said:

Who's going to start the thread for this clearly winnable game?

My last memory of a game there was when Christie Elliott's last-minute sclaff sent us all into raptures.

That kind of helped to come to terms with the absolute, heart-sinking awfulness of Drumgelloch.... All I'll say is I hope that some people living there can try to work towards a better life and raise their everyday environment above being a sh*t/hell-hole, because no matter how you try to dress it up, that's what it is.

Welcome to the so-called UK in the 21st century. 

2-0 Jags.

Cue the bile: 

Is that an extract from your Lonely Planet Guide entry Jaggernaut?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I imagine he'll play 90 mins if fully fit. I'm thinking he'll perhaps be needing more than the one game to regain fitness. If so he's more likely to be subbed playing on plastic.   

I don't get the plastic trope, but I'd hope we at least have McKenzie available if he tires and has to come off. 

58 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

McKenzie out along with Robinson (will return to training next week) and McInroy.. 

As far as I understand it Ngwenya covers both fullback positions, so would be a good substitute for McMillan if required.

In the absence of McInroy, I would hope that Lyon gets the call ahead of Alston. 

2 hours ago, partickthedog said:

As far as I understand it Ngwenya covers both fullback positions, so would be a good substitute for McMillan if required.

Only seems to have played left-back in his career. I'm not sure a left-footed player at right back would work.

32 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Only seems to have played left-back in his career. I'm not sure a left-footed player at right back would work.

So many right footers have played leftback in the past. But more to the point I count four guys within our squad that can cover for McMillan ahead of Ngwenya. So unless he's comfortable switching to rightback I doubt we'll see him playing there.