Queens Park in the cup

Lenziejag

Going for 3 wins in a row. Important to win this game for the finances. I guess there will be a few enforced changes if Milne and Mcinroy haven’t recovered from being taken off early last time out and Graham suspended, I imagine. By all accounts Williams did well at left back. Unless McGinley is fit we will have no defensive cover. Alston will probably be in for Mcinroy and Adeloye for Graham. Hoping for the same performance and result as last time against QP at Firhill.

I think this is a difficult one to call. In the past Queens Park enjoyed the upper hand v the Jags but in recent seasons this has flipped in our favour.

QP are not enjoying the best of seasons and while we are grinding out results we are not playing as well as we can. Injuries and suspensions will make if difficult for us but I think (hope) Adeloye and Williams will be able to cover effectively for Graham and Milne. I am not so sure about Alston for McInroy.

With home advantage and the support from the fans I think this should be enough to win the tie. It would help if we can keep Thomas quiet.

Agree with exiledjag re being difficult to call. We're up and down re consistency this season as it is, but the added factor of a cup game only adds to the situation. If it was a league game I'd be slightly more up than down. With home cup games my glass is perhaps half empty, as we tend to make heavy weather seeing off teams further down the pecking order. No doubting tho' advancing in the Scottish Cup can be very significant. We only have to go back to February to know just how significant.

I am a good bit less concerned about who are missing, as I feel in recent weeks the squad in general has shown more quality than earlier.  But if two obvious starters, Lawless & McMillan, can rekindle their partnership down the right then I can see us doing enough to win thru. 

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

1 hour ago, Albert's Ghost said:

No mention of BBG - I'm assuming he's available for this one.

My understanding (and I am certainly not an expert) is that it is violent conduct (dangerous tackle, punch etc) red cards which lead to immediate exclusion from the next match, regardless of the competition, whereas other dismissals result in exclusion from the next match(es) in the same competition. I think Brian Graham is in the latter category, so will be OK for the Cup. I do not know whether it will be a one or two game (hopefully not more) League ban.