Queens Park vs Thistle

3 hours ago, jaggy said:

Not possible to see whether it was a hand ball from our seats, but noticeable that the only QP players who complained were well away from the incident, Thomas (no surprises, what an annoying player he is) & Sheridan. 

I never notice BG offside at the time but will check the video. However the near side linesman was hopeless, seemed to be behind play constantly and got a few offside calls wrong for both teams 

Clearly offside but our player was clearly onside before he was assaulted by their keeper.

Anyway 2 wrong calls against Dunfermline and a wrongly given corner that started Livvy’s comeback went against us recently so we were due one in our favour

Just looked at Camallain's video of Adeloye's goal.

Certainly both Graham and Adeloye move beyond the QP defence after the free kick is taken - so not offside at that point.

When Grahem eventually gets possession of the ball and pkays it across goal to Adeloye he is played onside by I think 2 QP players and there is no doubt Addloye is onside as he has a QP Player in front and goal side of hime when he moves forward to head the ball into the net!

Soil think the assistant referee go it right. There was no offside.

Also agree we have had many poor decisions against us particularly since the resumption of football following the covid lockdown!

12 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Just looked at Camallain's video of Adeloye's goal.

Certainly both Graham and Adeloye move beyond the QP defence after the free kick is taken - so not offside at that point.

When Grahem eventually gets possession of the ball and pkays it across goal to Adeloye he is played onside by I think 2 QP players and there is no doubt Addloye is onside as he has a QP Player in front and goal side of hime when he moves forward to head the ball into the net!

Soil think the assistant referee go it right. There was no offside.

Also agree we have had many poor decisions against us particularly since the resumption of football following the covid lockdown!

One of our players (Neilson?) heads the free kick on so Graham is offside then

The general trend of the team isn’t great…..we are struggling to win a game and far from challenging for promotion we are only 4 points above the fifth placed side ( cue….i always thought we would be mid table , I’m amazed we are not relegated by now ) 

its 9 games since we have won a match and our performances are very variable with defensive weaknesses continuing.

signs of improvement not that obvious 

5 hours ago, javeajag said:

The general trend of the team isn’t great…..we are struggling to win a game and far from challenging for promotion we are only 4 points above the fifth placed side ( cue….i always thought we would be mid table , I’m amazed we are not relegated by now ) 

its 9 games since we have won a match and our performances are very variable with defensive weaknesses continuing.

signs of improvement not that obvious 

We are only 9 points above 9th, so I wouldn’t rule out a playoff on current form.

We have just drawn against the team who are top of the league and drawn away to the team who had the best run of form recently. I'd say that is an improvement of sorts, but obviously we do need some wins. To say we are now looking at play offs for relegation is pessimistic in the extreme. 

Good to come back but our form is looking like the name of some North Wales village...

I understand why Doolan went with the same set up as last week but I don't fully get Milne being moved in to centre back, when he can be such a strength down the wing and defending when at left back. 

Unsurprisingly we didn't create much and there was no defensive benefit from the formation as we slipped rather meekly, 2 - 0 down.

I hope we have a more creative player in the middle of the park vs Raith and Harry at left back, because Ngwenya didn't impress me much.

Hopefully Tomi's injury isn't too bad but looks like he could be out for a while.

Onwards and sideways...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

We are only 9 points above 9th, so I wouldn’t rule out a playoff on current form.

I would.

We're 8 or 9 points above about 4 teams. The chance of them all catching us are virtually non existent. We might need one more win or a few draws to be absolutely sure, but even on current form we'll manage that.

7 games without a win is clearly not good. However, we have only lost two of them, so we are still hard to beat. Of those 7, 5 have been away games. In fact most of the draws have been reasonable results taken in isolation. 

I thought we looked more solid with Williams- hopefully he’ll be available sooner rather than later.

15 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Callum Davidson, in his post-match comments, is very critical of the referee. He is saying Graham was offside at the first goal and for the penalty his defender had his hands behind his back. In summary the Ref's decisions cost QP the game.

Thoughts anyone.

I don’t think it’s offside- it’s certainly close enough to be a reasonable call.

image.thumb.png.817e6096ae52a45810aa010a86d1cb2e.png

2 hours ago, jagfox said:

Good to come back but our form is looking like the name of some North Wales village...

I understand why Doolan went with the same set up as last week but I don't fully get Milne being moved in to centre back, when he can be such a strength down the wing and defending when at left back. 

Unsurprisingly we didn't create much and there was no defensive benefit from the formation as we slipped rather meekly, 2 - 0 down.

I hope we have a more creative player in the middle of the park vs Raith and Harry at left back, because Ngwenya didn't impress me much.

Hopefully Tomi's injury isn't too bad but looks like he could be out for a while.

Onwards and sideways...

Ngwenya did have one brilliant pacy surging run early on, but seemed to regard that as his quota for the afternoon and did not do it again.

McBeth put in some great tackles and Robinson was busy throughout.

Minutes 60-80 were electrifying. We seemed to be snapping into tackles and winning every second ball, and there was energy coursing all through the team. At that point we looked far more likely to win, but to be fair to Queens, for the last 10 minutes they regained the ascendancy, and in the end I was happy to hear the final whistle.

Thought the two goals QP scored were well worked and not blatant defensive errors as we're used to. Ferrie's first two saves were impressive. Even the two you'd expect him to make were either parried away strongly or quickly dealt with.

Feel we're in a glass half full/half empty situation at the moment. Maybe we should be satisfied with both our league position and current form. Back in June before a ball was kicked this season I'd have been chuffed enough with where we are. Draws at home to the league leaders and away to QP seem fair enough. The other side of the coin is we're showing form that's at a scraping into the play offs standard. Certainly well below potential play off winners level. I'm torn between those two viewpoints. Tuesday night could well help me pick one.

7 hours ago, jagfox said:

Onwards and sideways...

shameful behaviour from the manager to play the most offensive full back in the championship at centre back 

should be sacked for that outrageous desicion alone 

GIANT PITCH MEANS YOU DO THE FOLLOWING 

you play a ball player in Bannigan

move Nielsen  back to centre back 

have Milne bombing up and down the park 

What a photo by Donald Wilson! 3 video options for all of us to agonize over / enjoy this week, and most of the post-QP updates are now in place at the Archive →

:detective:  THE RETURN OF THE 20 GOALS-A-SEASON STRIKER!

Tomi Adeloye is the first Jag to score in two games at Hampden in the same season since super Maurice Johnston did so in 1982-83.
Brian Graham converts his 4th successive penalty, bringing his ratio (70%) back onto historical par (70.2%). His last 3 have levelled the match at 2-2. See our list of Every penalty taken.
Brian Graham scores in a 5th consecutive competitive game for Thistle, and is the first to do so since Kris Doolan (6) in 2016. The club-record (8) lies with Scott McLean, set in 2000.
Brian Graham becomes the first Jag since George Smith (1958-1960) to hit the 20 competitive goals mark in back-to-back seasons, an excellent achievement. See our Top Scorers per season page for a flavour.
Kris Doolan's Thistle are 7 competitive games without a win, the longest run since October 2020 (11), under Ian McCall.

ongoing sequences:

● 55 consecutive competitive appearances for Steven Lawless, 18th Feb 2023 to date, a new personal best. (Longest run since: Blair Spittal - 57 games, 31st Mar 2018 to 4th May 2019. Club-record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games, 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)

GIULYFIXkAArdPZ.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 11:36 PM, jaggy said:

One of our players (Neilson?) heads the free kick on so Graham is offside then

Just see the highlights which gave a fuller view of the goal. I agree Graham was offside when the ball was played through. We got away with one there - which was nice to see.

However turning to the penalty. IMO the ref got this correct. Wilson did have his hands behind his back but as he went towards the Jags player to block the shot he turned away from the ball to protect himself andcas he did do his right arm spun out away from his body.  A vlear hand ball and penalty.

Callum Davidson has a point about our first goal but with regard to the second he is talking a lot of nonsence. I would bet if it was a Jag who handled the ball he would have wanted a penalty.

I thought QP were a bit on the dirty side, like Morton, but was glad to see that we stood up to that and put in a few hefty challenges ourselves.