Thistle Vs Aberdeen

allyo

Gutted at missing this one, ironically because I'm spending the weekend in Aberdeen. Thistle need a result to save me getting a slagging from my nephew.

Think we're capable of getting a result but will have to have a good day. Bannigan and Higgy back? Fraser to start? Haven't heard much of injury situation (Welsh aside), but would be good to see us at full strength. Hoping that Frans and Seabourne will start, and to be honest I'd like to see Gallagher coming in.

Edited by allyo
  • Like 1

I think its important that we stop showing Aberdeen too much respect. We have done that 4 times out of the last 5 times we have played them and being defeated because of it. The one time we were in at them right from the start we won 3-1.

There has almost been I fear a mentality against Aberdeen for most of the games last season and the one time we have played them this season that they are one of the best teams in the league and we are not expected to get anything from playing against them - I almost fear that was the mentality we went into when we lost 2-0 to them at Aberdeen in August. Instead Aberdeen have been humped by Accies, drew with St Mirren and very narrowly beat Ross County. We need and should be at them right from the word go - we were rubbish against them in Aberdeen in August - time to make amends and in at them from the word go on Sunday and collect the 3 points. Rather than stand off and show to much respect the players need to be prepared to teach them a footballing lesson, we did at Firhill earlier this year lets do it again

• Like 3

Which is a worry as we still don't have proper cover at left back. I'd be inclined to put Bannigan in there - I know he seems to make reckless tackles but I don't think he'd do so playing that position. I hope not anyway - I just think it's a psychological thing, he feels he has to be aggressive in midfield but I think given a defender's job he's be more careful. The only worthwhile alternative I think is to play Balatoni and move Seabourne to left back.

Which is a worry as we still don't have proper cover at left back. I'd be inclined to put Bannigan in there - I know he seems to make reckless tackles but I don't think he'd do so playing that position. I hope not anyway - I just think it's a psychological thing, he feels he has to be aggressive in midfield but I think given a defender's job he's be more careful. The only worthwhile alternative I think is to play Balatoni and move Seabourne to left back.

I think that's what he'll do. Play Bannigan left back and put Fraser in with Osman. I hope so anyway, Carroll hasn't impressed me at all at full back.

I'd probably agree with putting Bannigan at left back but doubt Archie will. We have Caroll and he is solid enough, put in a good performance against Caley and Motherwell at Firhill, if i recall. Need to bring Higgy and Fraser back in and the two that would go are probably Elliott and Craigen.

Fox

O'Donnell .. Frans .. Seaborne .. Carroll

Fraser .. Osman

Lawless .. Bannigan .. Higgy

Doolan

We need to come out the traps fast against them and show them no respect, too often over the last 2 decades we have had a fear of Aberdeen and seem to allow them too much time and respect resulting in us getting humped.

We need to play our fast on the deck game, but hastle every second ball, we are good enough to beat them

• Like 2

Fox

O'Donnell - Frans - Seaborne - Carroll

Osman - Banzo

Elliott - Fraser- Higgy

Stevenson

Difficult game for us but I feel a lot more confident now we have both Frans and Seaborne at the back. Higgy being back for us is a big boost. Switching Elliott to the other wing for me is best way to accommodate both in the team. Lawless did not have the best of games against ST Mirren so he may drop out.

Aberdeen will probably press us high up the park. I think like at St Mirren we will play Stevenson to give us a more physical front man. It does show how much we do need a striker that we have to do this though.

Fox - GK

Bannigan - LB. He's played here before & done OK. Would prefer to keep him in team and keep match fitness up too.

Seaborne - CH. Good player. Good signing by Archie.

Frans - Don't like idea he could be offski in January but he's impressed me the 2 games I've seen him have 90 mins.

SOD - Getting back to his best.

Fraser - CM. Changed game v St Mirren when he came on.

Osman - CM. Another good Archie signing.

Lawless - AM. Links midfield with attack although I was tempted with Stevenson in here.

Higgy - Wing. Good to have him back.

Elliott - Wing. 2 goals in 2 games. What foot is he? Right I think.

Doolan - CF. The best striker we have.

I'd like us to get back the shape in midfield when we looked best with Fraser having the free role. So, line up for me:

Fox

O'Donnell - Frans - Seaborne - Carroll

Osman - Banzo

Elliott - Fraser- Higgy

Doolan

Playing Fraser in the hole gives us more options all over the pitch with Fraser's passing and drive. And eye for goal.

I fancy us to win this tomorrow...

I thought the game was today and have just got back from Firhill, just shows that you should always check these things out! :shok:

There was an artist painting the the city end wall and it's looking pretty good.

Hope it goes well tomorrow :thumbsup2:

Lols a day early and wrong time as well !!! Hope you make it on time tomorrow

All the results when in our favour today.

We haven't been able to take advantage of that recently so we need to buck the trend tomorrow and win 2 games on the trot.

Aberdeen have Flood out and no recognised RB with Logan suspended. There's no reason we can't win.... well unless Balatoni plays.