Safety ?

Dick Dastardly

And you conveniently forget that we haven't lost a goal in our last three games, have beaten three top 6 sides and drawn with the second best side in the land away from home in the last few weeks!! Not worth argueing about. Not quite sure what our club can do about the form Ross and Motherwell are in at the moment but no doubt the manager will be to blame!

Fair enough mate, the league table does not lie - if you are happy with mediocrity..........

• Like 1

We are where we are, if we want to micro analyse every aspect of the season then perhaps we should start with the loss of last minute goals against Hamilton twice, Dundee twice and St Mirren. Self-evidently we will survive or fail on our own merits in the next 7, or heaven forbid 9, games.

Think the fact that we have lost one goal in our last 5 games against some of the better teams in the league proves that our defenders are doing their job pretty well. This must be a new one for you. We weren't even playing tonight and you are back having digs at the team. Anyway, early start tomorrow. No time for this nonsense

There have been no digs at the team on my part at all, anywhere, Lindau, so please do not twist my words to suit your agenda. We are in a stew of our own making, pure and easy.

What have you not not grasped about that?

We are where we are, if we want to micro analyse every aspect of the season then perhaps we should start with the loss of last minute goals against Hamilton twice, Dundee twice and St Mirren. Self-evidently we will survive or fail on our own merits in the next 7, or heaven forbid 9, games.

At last the voice of reason.

Thank you.

A win against Motherwell on Saturday will see us all but safe, a further point vs anyone would seel it. Would mean Well and County both having to finish on 40 points, which is very unlikely given previous seasons points to position comparisons.

Also, a win on Saturday will take us above Kilmarnock in the league - a real boost for us.

Yes but you conveniently forget to mention that we failed to take even one point from three games v St Mirren and Ross County in January and February.

Go figure where we could be now if we we could defend corners....................

There have been no digs at the team on my part at all, anywhere, Lindau, so please do not twist my words to suit your agenda. We are in a stew of our own making, pure and easy.

What have you not not grasped about that?

20 points by Christmas, so why are we even involved?

Must be me, but they all sound like digs at the team. Hey ho!

I'm not sure I'd define our (current) league position....you know that one that's out highest in a generation .....as mediocre!

Nobody should be surprised SITB that a well known malcontent (not the worst admittedly) has come on here tonight and moaned about our team losing twice recently to Ross, (the form team in the whole league) losing late goals, about us being unable to defend corners, the club accepting mediocrity, when we haven't even been playing and totally ignoring the fact that we have had three shut outs in a row, lost one goal in our last 5 games and went up to the second best team in the league on Saturday and should have won and beaten three teams in the top 6 over the last few weeks. Sometimes you just can't win. Think he just stopped short of blaming Archie for Motherwell and Ross winning tonight. I vowed to reduce my posting on here till the end of the season.....time to revisit that again, methinks...lol

Edited by Lindau

Writing is on the wall folks. Been nice in the SPFL while it lasted but after we're relegated by Rangers through the play offs it's time for Archie to go. Wonder if there's a plan B for sustaining our wage structure a league down. 2 games v Hibs won't cover it.

^^^^^ what an embarrassment of a post.

seven points from nine (and ten from fifteen), one goal in five games conceded, three clean sheets in a row ..... but don't let that spoil you having a right good old pissing your knickers sesh.

^^^^^ what an embarrassment of a post.

seven points from nine (and ten from fifteen), one goal in five games conceded, three clean sheets in a row ..... but don't let that spoil you having a right good old pissing your knickers sesh.

Last night marked an all time low for me on this forum and that's saying something!!. We weren't even playing and despite being in the best form we have been in all season, we had an individual coming on and having a go at the team. In some ways I can accept punters having a dig after a game, but last nights rantings were a total embarrassment. No doubt more will be more on display tonight. Thank God I will be at the game supporting the club and nowhere near this forum!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 3

I'd ignore Linda if I were you Barney. He's a sensitive wee soul that as soon as you try to engage him in debate he thinks it's a dig. Hence me taking the preverbial with his username.

He doesn't like to be proved wrong or listen to an other side of an arguement so takes the huff, spits his dummy & blocks.

JeanieD- very good post. Point well made.

My take. Said a few weeks ago the Motherwell game would be crucial. Avoid defeat & we still have the 4 point gap. Win & we SHOULD be safe from that position.

I say should because if Hamilton end up in the bottom 6 along with St Mirren, they both are looking like cannon fodder so 6 points for everyone. That would leave 9 to play for & with teams around us playing each other, I think the maths would make it nigh on impossible for anyone to catch us.

That said, defeat on Saturday & I shudder to think.

Despite the recent run of results, it'll surprise few- if any- that I still think the manager out his depth.

All the late goals conceded over this season (having not learned from last) may yet come back & haunt us.

Those shouting about most points in a generation or positive GD- Personally I think you're clutching at straws.

The manager can make a difference. Look at how Hamilton have fared since Neill left. Look at how well County have done under McIntyre when he got his players to play his system.

Even Sevco bringing in McCall. Recent results for them showed how poor McCoist & McDowall were.

I hope we survive & as said before, I hope AA proves me wrong. I'm just not overly optimistic at the moment.

I also wonder how many of this squad have got the stomach for the fight with a good few already possibly thinking of their next destination.

Maybe the BoD will have put a package together to see good financial rewards to stay up.

Was this not the case last season?

Anyway, as I said, win Saturday & it's all academic imo. Just disappointing that we've been dragged into this. & despite teams below us going on 'crazy' runs, that tells you more about us than it does them- March 2015 before we win 2 consecutive games in SPFL. A season & almost 3/4 of the games gone.

Is that all the players fault?

• Like 1

I'd ignore Linda if I were you Barney. He's a sensitive wee soul that as soon as you try to engage him in debate he thinks it's a dig. Hence me taking the preverbial with his username. He doesn't like to be proved wrong or listen to an other side of an arguement so takes the huff, spits his dummy & blocks. JeanieD- very good post. Point well made. My take. Said a few weeks ago the Motherwell game would be crucial. Avoid defeat & we still have the 4 point gap. Win & we SHOULD be safe from that position. I say should because if Hamilton end up in the bottom 6 along with St Mirren, they both are looking like cannon fodder so 6 points for everyone. That would leave 9 to play for & with teams around us playing each other, I think the maths would make it nigh on impossible for anyone to catch us. That said, defeat on Saturday & I shudder to think. Despite the recent run of results, it'll surprise few- if any- that I still think the manager out his depth. All the late goals conceded over this season (having not learned from last) may yet come back & haunt us. Those shouting about most points in a generation or positive GD- Personally I think you're clutching at straws. The manager can make a difference. Look at how Hamilton have fared since Neill left. Look at how well County have done under McIntyre when he got his players to play his system. Even Sevco bringing in McCall. Recent results for them showed how poor McCoist & McDowall were. I hope we survive & as said before, I hope AA proves me wrong. I'm just not overly optimistic at the moment. I also wonder how many of this squad have got the stomach for the fight with a good few already possibly thinking of their next destination. Maybe the BoD will have put a package together to see good financial rewards to stay up. Was this not the case last season? Anyway, as I said, win Saturday & it's all academic imo. Just disappointing that we've been dragged into this. & despite teams below us going on 'crazy' runs, that tells you more about us than it does them- March 2015 before we win 2 consecutive games in SPFL. A season & almost 3/4 of the games gone. Is that all the players fault?

There are just as many cases of change of manager followed by no improvement or even free-fall. St Mirren didn't much benefit from dumping Lennon, Malky McKay didn't do much for Wigan....

By your logic most managers in the SPFL one, or any other division, must be out of their depth.

• Like 1

With regards to safety, we would have to go on a disastrous run over the next seven games and the teams round about us would need to all be winning theirs, which obviously isn't possible, given that they are all playing each other.

It isn't just us that have been pulled back in to it. Kilmarnock must surely be looking over their shoulders with fear.

That's tongue in cheek, right? You got a few bites, so fair play to you.

Please don't quote that idiot, my eyes don't need to be poisoned even glancing at his shite. I read just enough to see he still thinks it's the height of intelligence to come up with 'comedy' names for posters he doesn't agree with. F**king child.

• Like 1

All credit to Ross County, they’ve picked the right time to get a run of form together. Unbeaten in 9…with that record you couldn’t grudge them staying in the SPL.

I don’t expect to get anything tonight, so Saturday will make our break the season. A win and we are safe. Nervous times, but isn’t this what football is all about?

20 points by Christmas, so why are we even involved?

Not sure I get this, Barney. That was after 17 games. Since we have played 14 games and got another 15 points. Ok, the rate is 0.1 points per game less, which would amount to 1.4 points in total. I wouldn't say that is out of sight.

Let's be honest tonight's game will not have been included in any sane persons list of probable Jags victories this season.Ipso facto, we can play with wee bit of freedom tonight and as long as we don't get a severe doing I'll be satisfied with a decent performance. That's neither craven surrender nor a re-run of wee Bertie's tactics. I remember the later 'cos I was there