Free Scarves

jaggy

dunno what 'you don't know who you are' is all about,its even more cringier than the 'not so cuddly' nonsense.

I disagree re the "not so cuddly". Thought it made perfect sense from a marketing point of view. You have to always bear in mind promotions/advertising are rarely aimed at preaching to the converted.

Haven't given it a lot of thought but as a slogan 'you don't know who you are' appears to me as clever, just maybe too clever. It's perhaps being left up to the recipient Jags fan to explain to the non converted what it means. I'll have no trouble in that department and I'm sure others will come up with equally convincing but different explanations. If enough Jags fans can come up with a myriad of convincing reasoning behind the slogan then it's a real winner. If too many are too confused then it falls flat. My money would be firmly on the former.

Sorry if that all seems a bit supercilious but I just love the direction the Club is going on the back of the Kingsley sensation.

I disagree re the "not so cuddly". Thought it made perfect sense from a marketing point of view. You have to always bear in mind promotions/advertising are rarely aimed at preaching to the converted.

Haven't given it a lot of thought but as a slogan 'you don't know who you are' appears to me as clever, just maybe too clever. It's perhaps being left up to the recipient Jags fan to explain to the non converted what it means. I'll have no trouble in that department and I'm sure others will come up with equally convincing but different explanations. If enough Jags fans can come up with a myriad of convincing reasoning behind the slogan then it's a real winner. If too many are too confused then it falls flat. My money would be firmly on the former.

Sorry if that all seems a bit supercilious but I just love the direction the Club is going on the back of the Kingsley sensation.

Correct.....these are brilliant ideas

Agreed. Really good ideas. Presumably as a result of our new marketing/PR director? Keep up the good work.

From the OS:

The innovative idea of partnering art and football was the brainchild of California-based Mike Wilkins, managing partner of the Jags' main sponsor, Kingsford Capital Management.

Our club really has no luck. A good scheme (free scarfs) which ought to encourage supporters to turn up and the weather forecast for tomorrow is for driving monsoon like rain along with 50mph gales. On top of the horrendous weather and likelihood of getting drenched going and leaving, it could make the game a lottery. I wonder if there's a chance of the game being cancelled?