St Mirren Game Tomorrow Night..

Jimmy McD

Why not play on a Friday night? The ticket sales have been excellent, seems to be a good decision.

Fine with me. Wouldn't like it more than necessary for home league games.

Must admit to not understanding the popularity of it, particularly at this time of year and the additional "family" aspect to this one game. With that in mind I'd have thought a Saturday would've been better. Looks like I'm wrong. I suppose, just as nobody can agree on the real reason(s) our attendances are down when we've not been duly inconvenienced by moving fixtures to less acceptable days/times, nobody will be too sure why a cold Friday night in January should prove that popular.

Defo a winner for "derby type" games.... Under the floodlughts, all covered seats, singing and jumpin aboot to keep warm.... Cold adds to the atmosphere and distracts from duff talent and disappointing results. What better environment y'gonna get for the weans to nurture a taste for piping hot non stirred bovril and greasy pies?

Taps aff furra JAGS!!!! .... only kiddin wee man!..... no ahmurnie!!!! .... MOOBS HOOT!!!! ..... shut yer face and eat yer wotsits! ...........OH..... MAY-REE-HULLLLLLLLL ..... IS WUN-DER-FULLLLLLLLLLLL...........!!!!!!

:fan:

• Like 1

I quite like a Friday night game.

All the 'cup run' noises coming from our direction the last couple of days, you'd think we will field the strongest side we can. We don't play again to the following weekend, and we've had a couple of postponements recently, so there's no need to think about resting players for the sake of it. We could be looking to get one or two on the fringes a bit of game time, though.

Go with the strongest team possible. Only exception would be Dumbuya; if he is genuinely touch and go then I'd be happy not to risk him and instead opt for Miller. If he's fit and ready then great.

I'm starting to get nervous now. We should win but personally I think it'll finish 1-1 and we'll have another nervy night at Firhill to look forward to.

This'll be my first game since we beat United 3-0 and I'm pretty ******* buzzing.

Hopefully it'll be the start of a cup run worth remembering, I've never been to Hampden with Thistle except that 5-4 Challenge Cup game v Queens Park in 2011.

Edited to add: Had a look earlier as I wasn't sure if i could make it or not, but it doesn't appear that St Mirren doing video coverage of this from the website. I know someone on here had mentioned it but it says the next game they do is them v Raith. Just a heads up for anyone planning to watch that way.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow
  • Like 1

Miller in for Dumbaya, otherwise it it is the strongest team that we could put out. No excuses.

Partick Thistle

Tomáš Černý, Gary Miller, Daniel Seaborne, Sean Welsh, Callum Booth, Abdul Osman, David Amoo, Stuart Bannigan, Kris Doolan, Steven Lawless, Liam Lindsay.

Subs: Ryan Scully, Frederic Frans, David Wilson, Declan McDaid, Jordan Leyden, Kevin Nisbet, James Penrice.