St Johnstone 23/02/16

Lindau

Been plenty of rain since Friday, but with cold,dry weather predicted for Monday and Tuesday, surely this will get the go ahead. If there is any doubt could the sponsors not just throw the 2000 cushions on the pitch, just to ensure it gets the thumbs up from the ref!! We really need to hit the ground running in the next two games. At least we seem to now have a fully fit squad to choose from and I am pretty sure it's going to be well used over the next 6 weeks or so.

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

I reckon it's fair to assume we'd have played three at the back against Hearts and most likely also against Aberdeen. Could well mean if we've been practising little else over the last three weeks Archie will stick with it on Tuesday. Whether a home game against St Johnstone is ideal for a 3-5-2 is questionable but, as stated by a few elsewhere, that formation needn't be seen as purely defensive. It's the one way we can play two upfront. Also playing with a little less width might not be daft given the state of the wide areas of the pitch. I would worry tho' about a front two of Doolan and Lawless if the pitch is heavy.

• Like 1

It would be scandalous if the match was off tomorrow night.

If the pitch is unplayable, the pitch is unplayable, scandal or not. It's not as if the club isn't doing anything. I was up at the ground at 11.15 this morning when they were taking the covers off and the badly affected bit at the city end was just a stretch of standing water. The groundsmen were working on getting the water off it as I was leaving. Latest information from the club is pretty optimisitc about the game going ahead, though.

I have noticed that Glasgow warriors ground staff at scotstoun use a famework with many large heat lamps attached.

Is this used to encourage grass growth or wet area drying.?

It simulates natural sunlight and is intended to encourage the grass to grow. Thistle have been using the same technology on the Firhill pitch, but I suspect the grass would have to grow helluva fast for it to make much difference!

• Like 1

Total hostage to fortune, but I'm going to say it anyway. We're on the best run of results against St Johnstone that I can remember and I can't see any reason for tomorrow to break it. We haven't played in over two weeks so the players should be fresh and raring to go. St Johnstone aren't looking any great shakes and they took their time to get the win over Motherwell on Saturday. Dumbaya's out but Miller played well against them (understatement ) the last time out.

Total hostage to fortune, but I'm going to say it anyway. We're on the best run of results against St Johnstone that I can remember and I can't see any reason for tomorrow to break it. We haven't played in over two weeks so the players should be fresh and raring to go. St Johnstone aren't looking any great shakes and they took their time to get the win over Motherwell on Saturday. Dumbaya's out but Miller played well against them (understatement ) the last time out.

St Johnstone at 23/10 just became very appealing....