Killie Game 7/5/16

Lindau

I have backed Sean Welsh for most of this season, with the exception of last week, so was astonished when he was still in the team today after that abject performance from him last week. Well seen Archie knows better than me, Welshie was brilliant today, just a pity he didn't round it off with that thunderbolt in the last minute. No doubt about the MOTM today though and that was Freddie Frans. He had Boyd (up to his usual tricks) in his back pocket all afternoon. Today also proved what an astonishing mistake Archie made last week by leaving Gary Miller out the side. The defence was rock solid today. Miller is a guy we should be looking to get signed up pronto!! No failures today. Scully had a couple of good saves but as I have pointed out loadsa times before he is just not commanding enough for me. He is a good shot stopper but if he wants a career at the top level he needs to start organising and shouting at defenders. Only regret tonight is that I am working early tomorrow and no celebrations for me tonight, but that was satisfying being able to shut Clarks mouth today. They are gonna struggle to beat either Hibs or Falkirk, going by that performance today!

• Like 1

Clark will be rueing doing an "Alan Moore" and mouthing off about us, a team he knows f##k all about. This is another reason why we should be so grateful to have Archie, he never mouths off about the opposition providing them with motivation.

He just gets on with the job getting his team to perform on the park and not inthe media.

Roll on next season

• Like 1

Are you really starting a "I'm a better fan than you" discussions?

I've been a fan for over 30 years and in my opinion some of the play this season has been the worst I've ever seen. Too many players not performing to their true ability.

And you can't have been reading the forum that often, because there are posters who are regularly far more negative.

But can you really blame me, after last week's debacle?

Big Col,

I have to question your reasoning if you think my post was fan vs fan. I was merely questioning you and other thistle fans who see a couple of bad performances and then give up on supporting the team. I don't got to every game as my wife works some weekends and I have small kids, however, if I can go I will, whether we were poor the week before or not. Perhaps this is why we can muster big crowds in promotion seasons and big cup games but can only average a few thousand most weeks. The team needed our support today in a critical game and I'm glad to say they got it and we have another year of top flight football.

I really hope you and kennymac decided to go today. There are not many days like today where you can get it right up your biggest rivals on their home patch. With our budget there is always going to be some bad weeks. For me this is the best jags team I have seen in my 25 years of watching the jags. Hopefully we can all give them the support they deserve!

Somebody said we hoofed it forward today! Well!!! Maybe we did at times but I prefer to say that we cleared our lines and none of the tippy tappy stuff we indulged in the last couple of weeks in our own half. And the other thing that stuck out a mile in comparison to the last couple of games was that we didn't give the ball away nearly as often.

Yes, Welshy was good but so was wee Mussy and Gary Miller on the other side as well as our central defenders. Big Dan reminded me of Duffy at his best (but with hair) - his head was under EVERYTHING.

Was there a failure? I don't think so and they just hated us running at them.

Well done Archie , Shaggy and the whole team. Proud to be a Jagsfan and will need this grin surgically removed tonight!!!!

• Like 1

Thistle staying up with Dundee Utd relegated and Kilmarnock in the play off.

A sentence you could never tire of writing.

Indeed, hard to believe that three out of Dundee Und, Hibs, Killie and Falkirk will be in the Championship next season, just underlines the job Archie and Scott have done for our club. Only negative thing about next season is the promotion of the Zombie club from Govan

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

I think when you look at our three seasons and consider that Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, St Mirren, Dundee United and Kilmarnock have all finished in the bottom two, and we haven't, it puts the achievement into perspective.

Four successive seasons in the premier, matches Lambie's best, and I reckon there's more going on these days in terms of youth development, debt eradication etc to say that this is the best place the jags have been in my time.

Which is funny cos this time last week I was seething. ☺

Congrats Archie and Shaggy and after that performance last week never really saw it coming.

Sean Welsh was magnificent today releasing the ball early which he didn't do last week but the foundation today was a solid defence with Gary Miller and Freddie Franz coming in. The way we set up we're better suited playing away from home with us hitting teams on the break .

Hope we start building for next season a lot earlier than we have previous seasons and get players in for pre season training and to get used to how we set up.

Next season will be tough but if we keep the nucleus of what we already have and add another 3 or 4 especially middle to front to help Dools we'll be fine.

Future is Red and Yellow.

Just watched the highlights.

Once again, great job by the two commentators.

Two well-taken goals.

Scully did well; good for him to get a shut-out.

Hope we get both Miller and Elliott signed up; they are very useful squad members.

Frans too.

ETA: Brilliant support. Well done to everybody!

Edited by Jaggernaut

Just watched the highlights. Once again, great job by the two commentators. Two well-taken goals. Scully did well; good for him to get a shut-out. Hope we get both Miller and Elliott signed up; they are very useful squad members. Frans too. ETA: Brilliant support. Well done to everybody!

We have a decent number of players (11, including Elliot) signed up for next year. But we only have Lindsay signed from the centre backs. Need at least Frans signing up - and Osman if we can persuade him.