Partick Thistle Vs Heart Of Midlothian

jagfox

I also like big Liam and he would be one of the 1st on my team sheet.

My earlier post was designed round the fact that he has cost us some goals by dwelling on the ball. Once he gets over this he will be a huge asset.

Already he is possibly the most dominant ballwinner in Scotland.

I'd be tempted to start with Pogba & Azeez - try to bully them a bit. Erskine should start, maybe at the expense of Lawless.

Run them ragged & we've got absolutely nothing to fear as I think they're a weaker team this season than last.

Have a go at them - don't invite them onto us & I think we are very capable of getting a result.

However, having seen who the ref is... :unsure:

Cerny

Gordon Devine Lindsay Booth

Osman Wilson

Erskine Edwards Lawless

Azeez

I'd be happy to see something like the above lineup. I suspect Archie will pick Amoo ahead of Edwards, allowing Erskine to play through the middle, which, admittedly, is his best position.

Edited by Gnome on the Bing

Hearts nearly down to there last 200 tickets, looks like they will be bringing a good crowd through. With it being the last game before the transfer window a good crowd and a bit more cash may help us getting in a player

Yes, Hearts bringing a big, noisy support as usual.

Nomads watching live, worldwide, for the first time.

Three big points at stake.

The opportunity to play games like this is the reason Firhill was packed to the rafters on that fateful night against Morton. So, here we are, right now. Let's turn out for this one.

Anyone think of a good song to welcome the Nomads on this historic occasion?

• Like 1

Hearts nearly down to there last 200 tickets, looks like they will be bringing a good crowd through. With it being the last game before the transfer window a good crowd and a bit more cash may help us getting in a player

Archie in the papers tonight saying he still wants a central defender and midfielder in but it might be next week before that happens. Still money in the budget and the money gained from Sellik will not be used until next season. Sounds pretty confident that there will be some signing action next week

I agree Doolan's the only proven goalscorer, but the ball doesn't stick up there with Doolan lone striker against the better teams. I'd rather play someone that can hold the ball and bring people in (Pogga) or get behind (Azeez). Dools is a fabulous player when we're playing teams that we're able to dominate the ball and play in the opposition half. But I don't think Hearts will be that sort of game.

If ball played to feet Doolan can hold it and turn

. He also makes source for Erskine and others by dragging defenders away.

So true. I doubt it was any coincidence that last week both Doolan and Erskine were on the bench. Just as when one was introduced the other was bound to follow. The interplay between the two is (has been for a long time) something special and of course resulted in a goal.

The question is more likely does Archie start Doolan then bring on Pogba and/or Azeez later in the game or does he start either of the latter two to soften up the Hearts defence and hopefully make Doolan's job a tad easier when he comes on? There is of course all sorts of combinations where more than one of the trio can be on the park at the same time without altering the formation too much.

Pogba requires the ball to feet every bit as much as Doolan whereas Azeez's initial control isn't great but he'll do more with head flicks and running onto the ball. Assuming Wilson starts then Azeez maybe would benefit more from his long passing. Whatever, speculative boots up the park, rolling the ball out to the flanks too slow and general over deliberate build up play from the back won't favour any of our forwards. Defenders, goalie and holding midfield all need to work the ball a good bit crisper

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett