Sevco....the First Ever Visit To Firhill 26/11/2016

Lindau

Just another thing to discuss today, Senderos should have been sent packing at Ibrox when the score was 0-0. I was a fair bit away today in the NS but did Garner not elbow Lindsay in the face at 0-0? In either instance, if a jags player had done that they would have been off the park pronto. On the other side, think they were denied a penalty early on in the second half, but if they go down to 10 men in either of these games, it's a totally different ball game!

Think we have to have a bit of reality here, albeit we're now bottom of the league although only 2 points of 6th place .

Thought we played well against a poor Rangers team but we've got to get game savvy and get points on the board . It might not be great to watch but we've got adapt a different mindset probably nearer to what St Johnstone and Motherwell do , waste time , keep the ball etc. and manage the game better. The poster who criticised Christie Elliot today is talking absolute nonsense , he worked his bollocks off today dovetailing with Calum Booth and limiting Tavernier . Unfortunately on the right hand side of the park Amoo and Lawless never gave the same support to Ziggy Gordon.

Couple of signings in January , an experienced centre half and possibly another forward to help Doolan , supplemented with the return of Cerny and maybe Doumbaye and we'll be fine.

Not quite understanding the criticism of Gordon's late throw in. It was 1-1 in an even game. Why should we not try to win? Keeping the ball at the corner flag seems like the lack of ambition that the same critics are alleging!

We wouldn't be bottom of table tonight. A draw would have been regarded as a good result prior to the game, now everybody's heads are down, players, management and supporters. The team is constantly criticised for not seeing out games. Gordon had the opportunity to run down the game and didn't do it. If this was Archies instruction then I apologise to Gordon!

• Like 1

Equally as disappointed as everyone else. Defensive frailties and mental weakness let us down again today.

BUT

We are only 2 points off 6th place. Dundee win today and jumped up 5 places. The league is that tight. Relegation will not be decided till the last day of the season at this rate.

• Like 1

They are second top but are not much better than us. We need to cut out the errors and with Cerny back hopefully that will happen. We just need to stay tight until we get through this run of games, meaning a result is essential next week. I am gutted this evening and not getting involved in petty squabbles, but I thought we played really well today and were undone, not for the first time this season, by stupid mistakes from players that should know better. The sooner Ziggy joins Barcelona the better as far as I am concerned!

Wouldn't argue too,much with this analysis, only comment I'd make was that I thought our ball retention and final pass was too often poor.

• Like 1

Any other team would have done the necessary and kept it up that end. Was totally incomprehensible why he launched it into the box with the clock on the 93rd minute!

Completely agree we should have done the professional thing, regrettably there's an honesty and naivety about this team that in its purest form is admirable but in reality doesn't work in real life.

We didn't deserve that kick in the teeth but as others have said we are just not solid enough at the back, we really look to have taken a real gamble by letting a solid defensive unit break up.

Think we have to have a bit of reality here, albeit we're now bottom of the league although only 2 points of 6th place .

Thought we played well against a poor Rangers team but we've got to get game savvy and get points on the board . It might not be great to watch but we've got adapt a different mindset probably nearer to what St Johnstone and Motherwell do , waste time , keep the ball etc. and manage the game better. The poster who criticised Christie Elliot today is talking absolute nonsense , he worked his bollocks off today dovetailing with Calum Booth and limiting Tavernier . Unfortunately on the right hand side of the park Amoo and Lawless never gave the same support to Ziggy Gordon.

Couple of signings in January , an experienced centre half and possibly another forward to help Doolan , supplemented with the return of Cerny and maybe Doumbaye and we'll be fine.

lawless didn't come on till the last 15 minutes and played a part in setting up doolans goal as did amoo - think your being a tad unfair on them

Just another thing to discuss today, Senderos should have been sent packing at Ibrox when the score was 0-0. I was a fair bit away today in the NS but did Garner not elbow Lindsay in the face at 0-0? In either instance, if a jags player had done that they would have been off the park pronto. On the other side, think they were denied a penalty early on in the second half, but if they go down to 10 men in either of these games, it's a totally different ball game!

Never been in favour of "technical" sending offs as they often seem biased to the bigger teams. Some players such as McDonald last week seem to never get booked let alone sent off for two bookings. Garner should have walked he deserved his booking but it would have been interesting to see if he would have been booked and sent off for that challenge on Lindsay if he was sitting on the yellow he deserved for his earlier ridiculous challenge on Barton?

Just watched the Jagzone interviews with Archie and Barts. If Barts is anything to go by, it's gonna be hard to lift the players for next week. Like the rest of us, he looked totally and utterly gutted.

Barts was superb today. I thought in large parts today we played with guts and determination-if Ryan's shot had been an inch or two lower, I've no doubt we'd all be celebrating a win. That's the human factor and chance aspects of the game. I was in the main stand today with my boy and my pal-when we scored, the old guy in front of me put his arms around the three of us and we jumped up and down like weans. Laughing our heads off and hugging a complete stranger. No ******* bigoted chants, no we arra peeple, no flares set off, just pure football joy. Tonight it's sore, but that moment is keeping me going. Bring on the Accies.

• Like 1

Unfortunately there are some who aren't interested in reality. What do people expect when 3 certain starters have been missing the whole season just about and the keeper we have is 3rd choice.THAT is the reality of our situation.

Ehm.

That when we deseverdly go one up with eighteen to go, we hold on?

Let's stop making excuses - the fact is we lost from a winning position.

That's why we have a pool of players, man!!

Unfortunately there are some who aren't interested in reality. What do people expect when 3 certain starters have been missing the whole season just about and the keeper we have is 3rd choice.THAT is the reality of our situation.

Agree to a point, this team would be good enough though if they could see games out. Dropping the points we are from winning positions is not good enough and will see us in trouble if we can't curb it soon.

I would hazard a guess that the three you mean are Cerny, Dumbaya and Bannigan. Good point except on Bannigan. If he hadn't got that injury he would certainly not have stayed at Firhill. So we aren't actually missing him. Are we?

Verbatim exchange with a Gers fan who's at my work on whatsapp ....:

1.49 pm - YAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS

1.49 pm - (him) U desereve it, We are total pish.

1.50 pm - we'll still lose 2-1

1.50 pm - (him) no chance

1.52pm - 1 up with 10 minutes to play - worst possible place for us - we'll drop deep and let you have it trying to hold on to win ... guarantee we'll probably get c***ed

1.53 pm - what a goal

1.54 pm offside?

1.57 pm - (him) no chance

1.58 pm - mmm not so sure shade of offside - you should have banged a late tenner on 2-1

1.58 pm - (him) we won't score again

2.06 pm - WTF?! U were right

kind of sums it up for me - last few seasons we'd need to be 3 up with 5 minutes to play to be confident we'll see it out - becoming a familiar refrain.

totally gutted but Accies next game - hopefully the players realised that having a right good go might pay off one day

I would hazard a guess that the three you mean are Cerny, Dumbaya and Bannigan. Good point except on Bannigan. If he hadn't got that injury he would certainly not have stayed at Firhill. So we aren't actually missing him. Are we?

I am not sure that there was any done deal on Bannigan. Barnsley were interested, but that was before they got promoted. Also, Bannigan committed to us before the length of his injury became apparent.

I'd rather be watching the Jags in the Championship next season than to have a season in the top division sitting anywhere near(and be forced to listen to) some of the zoomers who have posted on here tonight.

Join the queue of no ambition. Criticising those who want us to something other than shit the bed against the Old Firm for once in 20 years. Idiot.

Edited by milhouse