Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
javeajag

McCall and Next Season....

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, CrimeWriterJag said:

Agree with this. Also, if Sneddon was our No1 keeper, why was he only offered a 1 year deal? I like Sneddon, but it looks like McCall is giving him a year to develop further/prove himself. 

Out of likes but your completely spot on in my opinion 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McCall mentioned that Bell would be in (for training?) a couple of times a week. So it's a part-time contract? Do we have any other part-timers in the squad?

In the 70's we had some right good squads that were made up of both full- and part-time players, and I think used that model even not so long ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CrimeWriterJag said:

Agree with this. Also, if Sneddon was our No1 keeper, why was he only offered a 1 year deal? I like Sneddon, but it looks like McCall is giving him a year to develop further/prove himself. 

How do you know what he was offered ? We know what he signed, but that might not be the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

How do you know what he was offered ? We know what he signed, but that might not be the same thing.

Fair point, but if you’re offered a two year deal, you wouldn’t turn it down in favour of a one year deal surely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends on the terms an what the manage promises in terms of playing time and whether you believe him. Also I think he can leave for free next summer without a training fee. Certainly there was some negotiation as Sneddon was a week after the others who accepted new contracts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In an ideal world, I think we're 5 short: replacements/competition for Sneddon and Bell, another right-back, attacking midfielder/winger and striker. If McCall is adamant we're only signing 4 then we could maybe do without another striker. It looks a decent enough starting eleven just now - just needs a bit more quality in the squad.

Sneddon

Foster - Brownlie - Bell - Holt

Docherty - Turner - Bannigan

Rudden ---------- Tiffoney

Graham

McCready, McKenna, O'Ware, Niang, Gordon, Murray, MacIver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, ThickAsThieves said:

In an ideal world, I think we're 5 short: replacements/competition for Sneddon and Bell, another right-back, attacking midfielder/winger and striker. If McCall is adamant we're only signing 4 then we could maybe do without another striker. It looks a decent enough starting eleven just now - just needs a bit more quality in the squad.

Sneddon

Foster - Brownlie - Bell - Holt

Docherty - Turner - Bannigan

Rudden ---------- Tiffoney

Graham

McCready, McKenna, O'Ware, Niang, Gordon, Murray, MacIver.

Agree about needing competition and more quality in the squad.  Looking at the above Mc Kenna and a fit O'Ware could arguably provide cover for the back 4. Niang, Gordon and Murray cover Midfield and McIver the 'spare' Striker! 

However the bench does look 'thin' on quality and perhaps has too many question marks against individuals. For example, Gordon, neither a midfielder or a striker IMO! So what's his best position? O'Ware fitness? 

McKenna, Murray & McIver largely unproven! 

So agree - squad requires bit more depth and quality but do we have the resources to make this happen? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×