McCall and This Season……

javeajag

The spine is forming with Graham, Docherty and Bannigan who was, in my opinion, playing the best football of his career in our last 10 games.

Announce Tiffony now to add flair and youth and Bell to steady the ship alongside Brownlee and we have a skeleton to accommodate 5 A Listers.

3 hours ago, fenski said:

Great to see Bannigan sign on again - he never hides and contributes positively a lot more often than not. Just don't get the trope about him not be the player he was pre-injury. I think he has always looked a player - just not always been part of an on form team.

I think you have forgotten the player he was in the Premier league, particularly in the season he got his really bad injury.  Even  a bit off form Bannigan is a decent player.  This season  he's been better than he's been for a while and in a few games resembled the old Bannigan; I think part of this has been down to Docherty who does the holding midfield role better than Bannigan and allows him to play with more freedom.

3 hours ago, dl1971 said:

Really glad that bannigan has signed. He was superb the last 10 games in particular. In my opinion a better player than docherty. Graham and rudden up front next season a more than decent partnership. Still need that goal scoring midfielder. 

Comparing Bannigan and Docherty is apples and bananas: Docherty is better in the holding role and Bannigan better and more creative going forward.  But Docherty can also be creative and Bannigan can dig in so they can cover for each other, in fact I think they complement each other.  When one is missing or carrying a knock, the team is a little off, when both are the team can struggle.  So I think we need someone who can come in if either is injured  not sure if Penrice can do it though he's certainly an option.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Docherty, OK, Graham, meh! Bannigan, meh!

This ‘meh’ comment about Bannigan extending his contract is proof that you have little idea of what you are talking about when it comes to football. This is one of the most important signings  we could have made.  I know everyone is entitled to an opinion and I am always reluctant to get sucked into these discussions online but I have to make an exception in this case because you are talking out your a**e. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Joe Craig’s tache said:

This ‘meh’ comment about Bannigan extending his contract is proof that you have little idea of what you are talking about when it comes to football. This is one of the most important signings  we could have made.  I know everyone is entitled to an opinion and I am always reluctant to get sucked into these discussions online but I have to make an exception in this case because you are talking out your a**e. 

Oh my! Lower yourself to abuse because you don't like someone else's opinion. Very grown up. Lol

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

He has regressed unfortunately as has picked up a number of injuries.  Livi and Motherwell saying he has lost a lot of pace as a result 

Then maybe not what we need. Pity. I loved it when he went on runs on the wing from deep in his own half, and his wee shimmies to wrong foot the opposition.

34 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Then maybe not what we need. Pity. I loved it when he went on runs on the wing from deep in his own half, and his wee shimmies to wrong foot the opposition.

Good old days. To return hopefully.

SOD and ATS left us with great memories. But they won’t play for us again.

I think Cardle will leave with a thank you from all. Key player for us this season but it would be difficult to see him getting much game time in the championship if we have any ambition to be nearer the top than the bottom.

He will probably do a job for any league 1 team and some of the lower end Championship clubs.

1 minute ago, laukat said:

I think Cardle will leave with a thank you from all. Key player for us this season but it would be difficult to see him getting much game time in the championship if we have any ambition to be nearer the top than the bottom.

He will probably do a job for any league 1 team and some of the lower end Championship clubs.

Also depends on who we bring in 

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Cardle is leaving.

Disappointing to see him go but its the right decision, we need a younger replacement for the championship next year and beyond.

I would imagine McCall has someone in mind and possibly all but tied up already or he would have held off on announcing this.

36 minutes ago, Grubber8468 said:

Ryan Williamson leaves! 

Another correct decision. He's decent going forward bit not defensively good enough to play in away games in league 1 never mind the championship.

Probably do a good job for a team that wants to play 3-5-2 and has 3 very good centre halfs.

2 hours ago, jaggymct said:

Will be interesting to see also if McCall was kidding on on Sportsound last night when he said he was looking to sign Charlie Mulgrew ... would be a very good signing for the Championship if true

Not sure if he was kidding or not,was he just wondering if he would"Look good in Red  and Yellow",a lot of banter going on,perhaps Charlie would be looking for a last big pay day.?

2 hours ago, jaggymct said:

Will be interesting to see also if McCall was kidding on on Sportsound last night when he said he was looking to sign Charlie Mulgrew ... would be a very good signing for the Championship if true

Hard to see we could afford him unless we were offering a coaching role but I think we have enough coaches.

OS - we have signed 28 Yr old Kevin Holt. His "natural" position is according to McCall, Left Back and he can cover Central defence as well. Don't know much about Holt though seems he was at Dundee earlier in his career. 

Hope this doesn't mean we are releasing Foster. His performances in the last 10 games were very good both in defence and attack! 

Anyone know about Holt? 

26 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

OS - we have signed 28 Yr old Kevin Holt. His "natural" position is according to McCall, Left Back and he can cover Central defence as well. Don't know much about Holt though seems he was at Dundee earlier in his career. 

Hope this doesn't mean we are releasing Foster. His performances in the last 10 games were very good both in defence and attack! 

Anyone know about Holt? 

According to Wikipedia he's been between QoS, Dundee & in Cyprus twice. So looks like he was part of the QoS Second Division & Challenge Cup winning squad of 2012-13. And incidentally made both his league & Cup debut against us on 12/11/11 & 07/01/12 respectively. Apparently his father was also a footballer, striker by the name of Gordon Holt.

And that's about as much as I know, looks on paper a decent signing to me.