Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
scotty

Away to Dunfermline

Recommended Posts

Feel sorry for Michael Max, all that time waiting for a Thistle defender to score and when it happens he is not commentating.

Not a great day foe Dunfermline's new owners:

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£12 for the dunfermline stream and £9 for a bottle of australian red made it a perfect afternoon. even the dunphy commentator admitted there was not a player on the pitch to compare with our stuart... sometimes, nay all the time, it's great to be a jags' fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great result today..I asked the question last week who apart from Graham . Rudden and Tiffony were going to score for us .well I got my answer today..strong drink tonight..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

That’s probably as good as we have just now. A bit worried about the centre back pairing, though.

I shouldn’t have worried 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes a change to get a good start to a campaign. For once we look like a team that can score goals. I’m not going to get carried away with promotion talk until April, but it is encouraging start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Makes a change to get a good start to a campaign. For once we look like a team that can score goals. I’m not going to get carried away with promotion talk until April, but it is encouraging start.

A better start than I envisaged. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone catch what happened to Stone’s boot toward the end?  Couldn’t tell if it was a shoelace issue or if the boot itself got torn, but it required a physio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Makes a change to get a good start to a campaign. For once we look like a team that can score goals. I’m not going to get carried away with promotion talk until April, but it is encouraging start.

Sensible. 

Its encouraging though that the manager is talking about  bringing in 3-4 new players. 

I missed today's game but thought when I saw the team set out in 442 formation that the midfield looked very solid, balanced and a good basis to support our Strikers to attack Dunfermline.

I was an advocate just this week of a 433 or 442 - preferring the latter and was glad to see the team set out to play 442!

I was unsure about the back 4 in particular the Mayo-Holt partnership in Central defence. 

I don't know anything about Stone though most members on this site seem to prefer him to Sneddon. 

So  some questions:

1. We won and didn't concede - was this due to our good defensive play our Dunfermline'kneptness? 

2. How good was the Mayo- Holt partnership? 

3. Was Stone an improvement on Sneddon? 

4. Did we actually play 442 and was it effective. 

 

Have a good weekend especially as we are top of the league. Back to Arbroath next week! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Have a good weekend especially as we are top of the league. Back to Arbroath next week!

2 weeks.  Top of the league.:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow didn't see that one coming if I'm being honest. Some excellent performances in the Jags team today. In particular I thought Docherty, Turner and Bannigan bossed the midfield. 

Get in Jags!!! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Sensible. 

Its encouraging though that the manager is talking about  bringing in 3-4 new players. 

I missed today's game but thought when I saw the team set out in 442 formation that the midfield looked very solid, balanced and a good basis to support our Strikers to attack Dunfermline.

I was an advocate just this week of a 433 or 442 - preferring the latter and was glad to see the team set out to play 442!

I was unsure about the back 4 in particular the Mayo-Holt partnership in Central defence. 

I don't know anything about Stone though most members on this site seem to prefer him to Sneddon. 

So  some questions:

1. We won and didn't concede - was this due to our good defensive play our Dunfermline'kneptness? 

2. How good was the Mayo- Holt partnership? 

3. Was Stone an improvement on Sneddon? 

4. Did we actually play 442 and was it effective. 

 

Have a good weekend especially as we are top of the league. Back to Arbroath next week! 

 

Holt was left back. It was Mayo and McKenna who were in central defence. They played fine but Dunfermline were very poor.

I would call the formation 442, but Tiffers was getting forward at any opportunity 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Holt was left back. It was Mayo and McKenna who were in central defence. They played fine but Dunfermline were very poor.

I would call the formation 442, but Tiffers was getting forward at any opportunity 

Thanks for this. BBC showed team formation as Mayo and Holt as Central Defenders witj McKenna and Foster as full backs. 

 

Your description makes more sense. 

Thanks again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Thanks for this. BBC showed team formation as Mayo and Holt as Central Defenders witj McKenna and Foster as full backs. 

 

Your description makes more sense. 

Thanks again. 

Holt was left centre back with Foster at left back.  Mayo and Holt were outstanding as a central defensive pair.

Just on Kevin Holt he has become the first defender to score for two seasons! We’ve been mentioning this for ages and ages and when one finally does we are not on commentary to mention it!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, michael m said:

Just on Kevin Holt he has become the first defender to score for two seasons! We’ve been mentioning this for ages and ages and when one finally does we are not on commentary to mention it!!

Mentioned at the top of the page by Fawlty Towers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, michael m said:

Holt was left centre back with Foster at left back.  Mayo and Holt were outstanding as a central defensive pair.

Just on Kevin Holt he has become the first defender to score for two seasons! We’ve been mentioning this for ages and ages and when one finally does we are not on commentary to mention it!!

Thanks for this, Michael. :thumbsup2: 

Would you say we played 4-3-3 (Tiff joining the front two perhaps) or 4-4-2 (with Turner, I assume, playing wide right)? I read reference to Tiffoney doing a good shift tracking back to help defence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Thanks for this, Michael. :thumbsup2: 

Would you say we played 4-3-3 (Tiff joining the front two perhaps) or 4-4-2 (with Turner, I assume, playing wide right)? I read reference to Tiffoney doing a good shift tracking back to help defence.

It was a 4-4-2 with Turner right sided and Tiff left sided - both worked attack and defence superbly - great shift by all 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather a strangely fragmented Championship table after only 2 games. No teams on 2 or 3 points, but 5 on 1 point.

There is a lead pack of 4 and a chase group of 6 (been watching too much Olympics). We are 5 points clear in the race for a play-off place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, partickthedog said:

Rather a strangely fragmented Championship table after only 2 games. No teams on 2 or 3 points, but 5 on 1 point.

There is a lead pack of 4 and a chase group of 6 (been watching too much Olympics). We are 5 points clear in the race for a play-off place.

But after lap 2 of 38. Who will be able to live with the pace ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

But after lap 2 of 38. Who will be able to live with the pace ?

I agree. It is too early to say whether we will be Kipchoges or Kipchokers (Apologies!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×