Jump to content

thebiglemon

Saturday v Accies

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

They should have been down to 9 men and we should have had a penalty. I thought Moyo did well up on his own but they were a bunch of fouling barstewards, imo.

Definitely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good win when not at our best.

6 clean sheets on the bounce is some effort, even if Sneddon had a couple of dodgy moments near the end today.

We looked a lot better when Smith came on and we went one up with two either side of Graham. When Rudden and Graham play together we seem to resort to launching long balls at them, we're much more fluent when attacking with pace through the middle and wings.

I thought Bannigan was MotM today but no arguments with Akinola, he's formed a brilliant partnership with the impressive Mayo.

All to play for now, big run of games coming up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Yup…Ref was very poor .

Understatement of the century. Don't think I've seen a referee's bottle crash so many times in one half of football. Absolute shitebag. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Winter of '63 said:

A hard fought victory - Hamilton were clearly determined that there would be no repeat of their drubbing in the previous game but they literally did not have a serious attempt at goal..

.

They had a great header that missed by a baw hair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, King Kenny said:

A good win when not at our best.

6 clean sheets on the bounce is some effort, even if Sneddon had a couple of dodgy moments near the end today.

We looked a lot better when Smith came on and we went one up with two either side of Graham. When Rudden and Graham play together we seem to resort to launching long balls at them, we're much more fluent when attacking with pace through the middle and wings.

I thought Bannigan was MotM today but no arguments with Akinola, he's formed a brilliant partnership with the impressive Mayo.

All to play for now, big run of games coming up.

Agree that Smith looked very good when he came on. Great effort that hit the bar. Also Tiff had 2 chances to play him in but didn't look up....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I felt pretty comfortable through that. Pretty surprised at negativity on here. would have been more comfortable if the referee had done his job but despite that Thistle won without looking too strained.

Some of Accies tackling was downright dangerous. They look to be in a bad way after their relegation. And only about 50 or 100 people turning up to watch them in a local game must be depressing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, allyo said:

I felt pretty comfortable through that. Pretty surprised at negativity on here. would have been more comfortable if the referee had done his job but despite that Thistle won without looking too strained.

Some of Accies tackling was downright dangerous. They look to be in a bad way after their relegation. And only about 50 or 100 people turning up to watch them in a local game must be depressing.

Another ref would have shown at least one red card today, possibly two. Some really  dangerous  tackling indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, allyo said:

 only about 50 or 100 people turning up to watch them in a local game must be depressing.

agreed ... must be totally demoralising to be an accie player

Edited by gianlucatoni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both subs were good today. Smith became our most dangerous attacker. And a wee shout out to the rarely seen McIver who won a lot of headers and helped keep the ball up the pitch as well as putting in a good defensive shift for the Accies’ late corners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some run we are on. Unbeaten in 8. 7 clean sheets. 5 wins and 3 draws. I didn't see us as title contenders after the ICT game, but this form if it continues may make us just that. At this rate even Mccall out may offer some praise.....? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From watching on the stream I thought the first half was poor, no pace, width or tempo. The pitch looked very bobbly though, even the most basic short passes seemed to take two touches to control. 

Second half they started better and were unlucky with a header by the post then we scored with a cracking fizzed Turner corner and a great header by Mayo. Smith was so unlucky with his shot off the bar aswell. We looked comfortable enough defensively but most of Accies attacks were down our right, Turner maybe drifts too far inside which leaves big McKenna exposed, fair play to the big man as he’s in and out the team and never lets us down. Toss of the coin between Mayo and Akinola for MOTM, Mayo probably for me because he scored but both were solid. Still not quite sure if Turner on the right works but his set piece delivery is excellent and we’re still winning. He’ll be fired up vs Pars next Friday so stick with it, it will be a hard game as they have won their last two after Yogi coming in. 

Edited by jags on tour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More importantly, this team are beginning to put a serious challenge together.

Defensively the are better than solid - the recent stats prove it.

Big Bad Brian Graham and Nasty Zac Rudden are putting the fear of Allah into any defence they come up against.

Frailties in midfield do exist, but we are in a good place right now.

And like last season - no ****s given for where we are less than halfway through the season.

Where we are after 36 is the key.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

I wouldn't.

And the reasons - pace jlsarmy - were worn out on this site 13 days ago.

I take it you were at the game today Barney and the last two goalless games at Firhill 

When teams sit in against us we run out of ideas , Rudden and Graham didn’t kick a ball today and indeed were both taken off .

Absolutely no  goalscoring threat from midfield, there has got to be a different system to break down teams at Firhill .

Stevie Lawless would give us a different option with his creativity and his goalscoring threat .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

I take it you were at the game today Barney and the last two goalless games at Firhill 

When teams sit in against us we run out of ideas , Rudden and Graham didn’t kick a ball today and indeed were both taken off .

Absolutely no  goalscoring threat from midfield, there has got to be a different system to break down teams at Firhill .

Stevie Lawless would give us a different option with his creativity and his goalscoring threat .

Stevie Lawless 2012-2018 certainly may have, I agree JLS.

Today's Stevie Lawless - dunno. And you cannot know either, so let's agree to leave this discussion there. No point in either of us debating a player whose commitment is questionable.

If we're wanting a real 'what if' debate - how about Brian Graham being the missing partner Kris Doolan could have had all those years Archie played him up top on his own?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

I take it you were at the game today Barney and the last two goalless games at Firhill 

When teams sit in against us we run out of ideas , Rudden and Graham didn’t kick a ball today and indeed were both taken off .

Absolutely no  goalscoring threat from midfield, there has got to be a different system to break down teams at Firhill .

Stevie Lawless would give us a different option with his creativity and his goalscoring threat .

I agree entirely, jlsarmy. I presume even some of those not keen on signing Lawless wouldn't disagree in part. Seems tho' that both Lawless's character and attitude are in question. I suppose his untimely exit at Motherwell adds to the negative speculation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would Stephen Kelly at Rangers add to the team? I think he’s more of a central player though. He scored 7 in 27 for Ayr when he was on loan. A quick search of his name suggests teams in England are interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

I take it you were at the game today Barney and the last two goalless games at Firhill 

When teams sit in against us we run out of ideas , Rudden and Graham didn’t kick a ball today and indeed were both taken off .

Absolutely no  goalscoring threat from midfield, there has got to be a different system to break down teams at Firhill .

Stevie Lawless would give us a different option with his creativity and his goalscoring threat .

On you’re first point, no he wasn’t!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×