Next 3 games

dl1971

Raith and Arbroath away. Inverness at home. Assuming all games are played I think we will have a pretty good idea of where this season is heading. Can't afford to lose any and I'm hoping we win two of them. Right now I'd take draws against Raith and ICT, but beat Arbroath ( overdue ).  Who knows how it will pan out, but its a huge week and a bit ahead. 

• Like 1

Imo by the time all games are played by the end of next weekend (5/3/22) we should know if we are challenging for a play off place or consolidating our position in 5th. 3 of the teams below us have improved and have been picking up points on a regular basis over the past month or so, if our form was to hit a bad patch and the teams below us continue picking up points we could be under pressure to stay at least 5th. I hope and expect us to be looking up. :fan:

Hamilton v Inverness 1-1!

Another result that you could argue has gone our way.  In fact I can't recall a period when you could say the above about the majority of results affecting our opponents and yet we are still 5th.

We have had two opportunities to get to Third place and failed to grasp either of them - away draw at ICT and of course the recent loss to Morton.

Can we win 2 out of three Raith, Arbroath and ICT.  Recent history suggests not.

Notwithstanding the games in hand it's starting to look that ourvposition in this league is 5th. 

One thing is certain IMC will need to focus on signing a couple of strikers, who actually score goals,  next season.

15 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Hamilton v Inverness 1-1!

Another result that you could argue has gone our way.  In fact I can't recall a period when you could say the above about the majority of results affecting our opponents and yet we are still 5th.

We have had two opportunities to get to Third place and failed to grasp either of them - away draw at ICT and of course the recent loss to Morton.

Can we win 2 out of three Raith, Arbroath and ICT.  Recent history suggests not.

Notwithstanding the games in hand it's starting to look that ourvposition in this league is 5th. 

One thing is certain IMC will need to focus on signing a couple of strikers, who actually score goals,  next season.

Agree with you that as we waste each chance that it looks more likely that our position could be 5th. ICT have not won in 10 games and yet they are still 3rd. If we do want to break into that top 4 and to give us a good chance of staying there again i agree with you we need to win at least 2 out of the next 3. The only way i see this happening is if win win tomorrow as i feel that would repair the damage done on Tuesday night and also give us confidence for the next 2 games.

On 2/24/2022 at 11:38 AM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Very strange, particularly in reference to game at Firhill. I remember with about 15 seconds to go being sick to my stomach that we hadn't beaten them and Turner's last gasp winner was both a brilliant and deserved moment. 

My pre-match memory was that Raith were flying high. In a similar fashion to Arbroath who had spanked us in the previous game at Firhill. What I really didn't expect was to see the worst opposition we'd encountered all season.

Then he signs Goodwille. You make your bed. 

7 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree with you that as we waste each chance that it looks more likely that our position could be 5th. ICT have not won in 10 games and yet they are still 3rd. If we do want to break into that top 4 and to give us a good chance of staying there again i agree with you we need to win at least 2 out of the next 3. The only way i see this happening is if win win tomorrow as i feel that would repair the damage done on Tuesday night and also give us confidence for the next 2 games.

Agree

7 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

We are getting to the stage of the season when 1 or 2 teams normally start to go on a run and hit form, nothing to suggest it will be us, but nothing to suggest it’ll be any of the top 4 either

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

We are getting to the stage of the season when 1 or 2 teams normally start to go on a run and hit form, nothing to suggest it will be us, but nothing to suggest it’ll be any of the top 4 either

I think Killie/Lafferty are going on a run. Signing him was a masterstroke i think. Hope I’m wrong

1 hour ago, watties wallies said:

watched the majority of the hamilton inverness game last night

both teams were much quicker getting the ball played from defence through midfield and onto their forwards

will be interesting to see how we play today, hopefully a bit more pace and movement from our players

Only watched occasional footage. Agree re the nippier distribution. But my overriding impression was that the game seemed to be played almost like a pre season warm up. Didn't appear to have much intensity about it. As I say I only watched wee bits of the game and I had been in the pub awhile so maybees I'm wrong in my opinion.