New strip

Thistle88

1 hour ago, sandy said:

Cheers buddy - that does look smart, good if we are going back to hoops

SA modern take on a classic of yesteryear - right down to the socks!

1 hour ago, sandy said:

Cheers buddy - that does look smart, good if we are going back to hoops

Edited by robphil
ps

Its a decent strip (personally still prefer the Kingsley one) but brining the unveiling forward 24 hours suggests something didn't go according to plan.

Used to be pre-covid that most players contracts expired at the end of June. I was hoping that the reason the strip was planned to be unveiled tomorrow was so a new signing could be used to bolster the new strip. Does bringing it forward 24 hours increase or decrease the chance of a player or 2 signing tomorrow?

26 minutes ago, laukat said:

Its a decent strip (personally still prefer the Kingsley one) but brining the unveiling forward 24 hours suggests something didn't go according to plan.

Used to be pre-covid that most players contracts expired at the end of June. I was hoping that the reason the strip was planned to be unveiled tomorrow was so a new signing could be used to bolster the new strip. Does bringing it forward 24 hours increase or decrease the chance of a player or 2 signing tomorrow?

1683975870_Screenshot2022-06-30at11_19_37.thumb.png.28ec63c22f514692adf21bd5c2e71e52.png

I think they've been caught out by leaked images appearing in the public domain.

32 minutes ago, laukat said:

It would have been good to see a new player or two in the new kit but doubt it makes any difference to announcing new signings. Players contracts expire today so we might see a couple announced shortly. As BB says think they simply got caught out with the leaked photo circulating on SM and decided to make the best of it.

1 hour ago, laukat said:

Over on P&B, suggestion is a loan signing is about to be announced.

58 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Oh my! Now let me think.

This might help:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Partick_Thistle/Partick_Thistle.htm

I think the top is excellent. Overall, probabaly because I started watching in 1990, I prefer black shorts but can see why those from previous generations like the white ones as that is what they would have started with.

It seems from the website linked above it was white shorts until 1970 then after a few years of red it went black. I wonder, in that pre internet world, if there was a big outcry about this?