Home and away part 4, the final countdown

Auld Jag

5 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Our board are honouring the long and noble tradition of all thistle boards by being both invisible and uncommunicative 

What do you expect then to say just now? 

We're all gutted with what's happened but let's not start having a go at the board. I honestly don't think we'd even be here today if the board hadn't acted and punted McCall.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CillitB4ng said:

We're all gutted with what's happened but let's not start having a go at the board. I honestly don't think we'd even be here today if the board hadn't acted and punted McCall.

I’m not referring to ‘now’ but the post if you read it ….

6 minutes ago, CillitB4ng said:

Agree with that, but to be fair Javeajag does make a valid point.

7 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

No penalty to them & it’s game over. Joke of a decision, can’t blame the players for that.

I don’t think we were ready to go up, but my God I wanted that today.

agree with above

however looking at the positives

we have a really good promising young manager

we do have a nucleous of signed players for next year

so lets see what the player budget is given to our manager for next year

players will move on and players will come in

but always remember that we the partick thistle fans are this club

through thick and thin we we will support the jags

today was hard to take however next season we can and we will succeed

lets get behid the manager and the team  👍

Obviously gutted at the final outcome today but we play over a season and we just were not consistent enough overall. I think when each team played to their full potential we were the best team but when we did not play to our best we did not grind out a 1-0 victory and that was, in my opinion, the difference between winning and finishing fourth.

We don't have long until the new season starts so would be good to hear from the club about where we are and what the plan is moving forward. Players will move on as always and new ones will come in but I think Doolan has shown enough to suggest that with some good recruitment we can be positive about the future.

We are all Thistle fans and may from time to time get snippy with each other on here but if we stick with our club and back them as much as we can then anything is possible.

• Like 1

I knew before the game that today's result would be the biggest ever emotional gulf between victory and defeat. It was in our grasp - promotion on the back of thrilling football and fan enthusiasm with a nucleus of a good squad to a Premiership which seems to have a few unexceptional sides.

I was feeling comfortable at half-time - and it looked a clear foul on Docherty from my viewpoint behind the goal. We hadn't played that well but were still a better football team than County's hoofball. In the second half  I had no idea why the play was stopped for the VAR check...but I had a horrible feeling the asteroid was heading our way. To pass the ball out of play from the restart leading to their second goal was criminal.

We looked a bit drained but still managed to miss some great chances...Graham, Tiff, Mullen & Banzo in particular. County even obliged by missing two of their penalties...with the missed chances in the first leg and add in that we really should have won a poor standard League by about 15 points it just seems like a dreadful missed opportunity.

I'm glad I booked an overnight stay in Inverness tonight - it would have been a long drive home. I'm not feeling optimistic about next season as I suspect our better players will move on and the stalwarts will be past their best.

To paraphrase Trainspotting - it's shite being a Thistle fan😒

When that penalty was awarded that familiar feeling started to creep back in to my mind, I'm sure I wasn't alone. 

As mentioned above, giving them the ball back straight from kick off was ridiculous and gave them the full impetus to make the comeback. 

Even then, we passed up some glorious chances to win it. Those and the numerous ones on Thursday are why we are not going up.

It's a sore one and will take a while to get over.

The team will be very different next year and if the rumours of financial uncertainty are true, we might not have the most competitive of squads. 

I'd imagine the likes of Tiffoney,Turner,McMillan and potentially Milne will be off to suitors from the league above, Docherty/Holt already away if rumours to believed and some of the bench fillers will be released.

The league will be extremely tough next year, we're going to be up against it so it would be nice if we could get some news from the board over the next couple of weeks how things are shaping up. 

I've a lot of faith in Doolan, I think he'll do a good job going forward. He's very positive and talks well. Today will be a sore one for him and I imagine he'll be emotionally drained given what has gone on over the last few weeks but I'm sure come July he'll be back and ready to roll. 

It's certainly going to be an interesting summer. 

• Like 1

Followed Thistle for 35+ years and nothing surprises me anymore. I'm honestly over it already. Went through to Edinburgh to watch at a mates and like the Dingwall fans, still travelling home. I'll buy myself a season ticket for me and junior next season and subject us to another 11 months of frustration. You don't support Thistle and expect Old Firm-like steam rollering of teams. Support Thistle and expect to be kicked full force in the spuds most seasons. It'll never change. I'll vent like a ravin lunatic every season on here but I'm not sure we could've done much else today. Chance was lost on Tuesday only getting 2 and the players knew it at kick off today.

1 hour ago, Jimmy McD said:

Malky McKay won that game for them,he had his player's so wound up, while Dools stood there like a rabbit caught in the headlights,I am on holiday and watched on telly, Fitz should not have been subbed.. There's always next season..

Think you’re wrong re Fitzpatrick, apart from his goal .

Malky Mackay targeted the left hand side of the park as he knew Fitzpatrick didn’t track back and there were overloads because of that exposing Kevin Holt

Holt , Docherty and Brian Graham were shouting at him to work harder .

It was the right sub at that time unfortunately Banzo had an absolute howler when he came on .

Realistically I don’t think we’re ready for Premiership Football yet .

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, King Kenny said:

When that penalty was awarded that familiar feeling started to creep back in to my mind, I'm sure I wasn't alone. 

As mentioned above, giving them the ball back straight from kick off was ridiculous and gave them the full impetus to make the comeback. 

Even then, we passed up some glorious chances to win it. Those and the numerous ones on Thursday are why we are not going up.

It's a sore one and will take a while to get over.

The team will be very different next year and if the rumours of financial uncertainty are true, we might not have the most competitive of squads. 

I'd imagine the likes of Tiffoney,Turner,McMillan and potentially Milne will be off to suitors from the league above, Docherty/Holt already away if rumours to believed and some of the bench fillers will be released.

The league will be extremely tough next year, we're going to be up against it so it would be nice if we could get some news from the board over the next couple of weeks how things are shaping up. 

I've a lot of faith in Doolan, I think he'll do a good job going forward. He's very positive and talks well. Today will be a sore one for him and I imagine he'll be emotionally drained given what has gone on over the last few weeks but I'm sure come July he'll be back and ready to roll. 

It's certainly going to be an interesting summer. 

What are the rumours about Docherty and Holt?