The Spartans Viaplay Cup Tie - 29th July

Fawlty Towers

2 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

So regardless of what happens tonight between The Spartans and Peterhead if we win in 90 minutes on Saturday we will top the group. Let's hope that we can get another good crowd which helps the finances as well.

https://tickets.ptfc.co.uk/packages/LZEmOKzmpW/e/7zVaP7L83J

Absolutely correct, but the overall context of the game will be greatly affected by what happens tonight. Spartans ahead just now and if they complete the victory, they will be in the same position as us, ie a win on Saturday means that they top the group.

Been caught out on ticketing website yet again!!🤦🏻‍♂️. Anyway, got a spare under 16 ticket for tomorrow’s Spartans game in Jackie Husband stand. Free to a good home if anyone’s interested. Message me and I’ll send over ticket. 

1 hour ago, JAG1970 said:

No McMillan or Robinson again tomorrow and Dowds is suspended 

Surprised at Dowds suspension, he’s barely on the pitch enough to accrue yellow cards, although I know he got one last week. Maybe carried over from last season?

30 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

A real concern about Robinson. Have we wasted a 2 year contract on a crock?

Agreed about the concern. The constant extensions to the estimated time of return do not breed any confidence and it looks like we will be starting the league season without him.

Having said that he looked absolutely fine in the pre season friendly at Kelty, one of the fittest and most lively players on the pitch.

Spartans have done well so far this season but we are the Jags and we are at home. It is disappointing McMillan and Ribinson are still unavailable - whatscthe problem with them? However I agree with Jaggernaut that we get at them right from the start and keep at them. If we do this we will have the game won by half-time.

Regarding zjim Craigen. For me  he will always be remembered for that  goal against Morton in the  epic championship game at Firhill. For that alone he will always be welcome at Firhill. However as a player I liked him a lot for commitment and effort but felt overall he was not quite at the level of the others in the promotion winning team so wasn't surprised when he left.

I expect the Jags, for the first time this season,  to play a good 90 mins so 4-0 the Jags.

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

Spartans have done well so far this season but we are the Jags and we are at home. It is disappointing McMillan and Ribinson are still unavailable - whatscthe problem with them? However I agree with Jaggernaut that we get at them right from the start and keep at them. If we do this we will have the game won by half-time.

Regarding zjim Craigen. For me  he will always be remembered for that  goal against Morton in the  epic championship game at Firhill. For that alone he will always be welcome at Firhill. However as a player I liked him a lot for commitment and effort but felt overall he was not quite at the level of the others in the promotion winning team so wasn't surprised when he left.

I expect the Jags, for the first time this season,  to play a good 90 mins so 4-0 the Jags.

RegardscCraigen, I disagree. He is a clever player, can read a game. I don't think he got the credit he should have got.

26 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Regards Craigen, I disagree. He is a clever player, can read a game. I don't think he got the credit he should have got.

Clearly. He's been played in a good few positions, either due to or causing his reading of a game to be at a good level. His fitness and being two footed of course helps. If James had just a shade more natural ability, with his versatility he would've made a most useful player to have. As it was at the time we had the likes of Gary Fraser, who did have that extra ability.

5 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

No messing about here, please, Thistle: Steamroller them right from the start! No let-up even when (or at least not before) we are several goals in front.

And as we all know, several doesn't mean two!

Or even 3 :whistling:

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

RegardscCraigen, I disagree. He is a clever player, can read a game. I don't think he got the credit he should have got.

Agree. Imo Craigen was underrated, as was Docherty.