Hearts Viaplay Cup - Sunday 20 August

jagfox

54 minutes ago, sandy said:

Doolan is not out of his depth. He is learning as a manager and trying to get a new squad to gel. 

There you have it, one of the movers and shakers in TJF happy to accept shite. Sounds about right with the fans of this club.

Chances of us ever doing what Killie did there. Zero. 

46 minutes ago, sandy said:

Doolan is not out of his depth. He is learning as a manager and trying to get a new squad to gel. 

Sandy 

we are a Football Club - not a YTS Scheme - its not up to the Club to give the luxury of someone “ learning” as a Manager or “ New Squad Gelling” 

There are serious questions on not being able to hold onto a win - and being completely out of our depth on every level against Hearts 

We ran Rangers Close in the Cup Tie - McCall was sacked - and yes the previous couple of results has been poor 

Therefore its a results driven business and Managers are judged on them 

My honest opinion is that emotion plays too big a part on decisions from the Club when it involves “ legends” 

Archie - Gerry B - Bannigan - Dools -other Clubs don't act like this 

Dools has the next few games to start getting wins 

I would start with fitness and maybe just maybe start having a plan for when we are 2-0 up ? 

Just now, avie-man said:

There you have it, one of the movers and shakers in TJF happy to accept shite. Sounds about right with the fans of this club.

Chances of us ever doing what Killie did there. Zero. 

Just to be clear, I’m not on the TJF Board (just a member). You perhaps confuse me with @jaf

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

Sandy 

we are a Football Club - not a YTS Scheme - its not up to the Club to give the luxury of someone “ learning” as a Manager or “ New Squad Gelling” 

There are serious questions on not being able to hold onto a win - and being completely out of our depth on every level against Hearts 

We ran Rangers Close in the Cup Tie - McCall was sacked - and yes the previous couple of results has been poor 

Therefore its a results driven business and Managers are judged on them 

My honest opinion is that emotion plays too big a part on decisions from the Club when it involves “ legends” 

Archie - Gerry B - Bannigan - Dools -other Clubs don't act like this 

Dools has the next few games to start getting wins 

I would start with fitness and maybe just maybe start having a plan for when we are 2-0 up ? 

Fair comments Jim, all I’m saying is give Dools the time to make a difference. His football philosophy is right. 

1 minute ago, sandy said:

Fair comments Jim, all I’m saying is give Dools the time to make a difference. His football philosophy is right. 

Sandy - I disagree 

his Football Philosophy clearly shows that he only knows “ positive football”

Zero Tactics on defending a lead  - zero Tacticts when the opposition score - Zero Tacticts on playing a Team a level above you  

Signings starting to look questionable 

losing Games when we are in the lead in the last 20 minutes consistently

This isnt “ Youth Football” where your focused on Skill Development - its about Winning Games 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, douglas clark said:

This is, obviously, not the start either Chris or other Partick Thistle fans wanted. Given the end of last season, where we were very close to promotion to the Premier League, perhaps our expectatons have been exaggerated beyond reason.

I would like us to win every game we played.  Which is, frankly, a tad unrealistic.

I think Chris will turn this around.

Just saying.

Nobody wants him to be sacked.

He needs to improve his recruitment though- a lot of it has been shocking this summer 

The only differences between today's game and a pre season friendly was we only used four subs and there were no trialists. Hearts fans were a bit concerned that this game sandwiched between two Euro ties might knacker some of their players, They can rest easy.

Hard to criticise individual players as the lack of movement throughout the team was shocking. In fact maybe the ones that stepped forward and made daft errors in a way are less at fault. Milne ending up playing centreback was at least a novelty. 

8 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Most Fans are behind TJF - dont see how someone supporting it is relevant ? 

Thats part of the problem - as outlined excellently in your post. Everything about the club is based on emotion, theres no objective judgement, we won't let someone with a fresh set of eyes come in from the outside and show the ruthlessness we need, there almost a suspicious like attitude from the fans, who now run the club about any outsiders. Thistle fans also have this warped sense of playing idealistic football, "the right way" rather than whats actually effective. We plod along with the legends on the playing side of things giving them as long as they like and the end result is 50 years of abject shite on the park and off the park ain't much better even after a lottery winner hanging around. Gary Caldwell would have been hunted after some of the form and showings of Doolan, Archie or McCall. Miles Storey or Shea Gordon or Juan Alegria or any number of bad players would get dogs abuse after a bad game cause they're not deemed to be one of our own whilst certain players get away with because of their standing in the club.

Doolan isn't going to get sacked, they've made their bed, but they need to get him some help on the managerial staff and he could at least start by dropping certain players who give the impression they've become undroppable like Bannigan and Graham. 

Edited by avie-man
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, sandy said:

So the quote about ‘fabulous’ is in your head. The latest in a long line of anti-Doolan messages cos Yer pal McCall got his jotters. 

Jog on small boy 

Isn’t it time now for you to retract as you ask others to do ? There’s a £100 waiting …

3 minutes ago, avie-man said:

Thats part of the problem - as outlined excellently in your post. Everything about the club is based on emotion, theres no objective judgement, we won't let someone with a fresh set of eyes come in from the outside and show the ruthlessness we need, there almost a suspicious like attitude from the fans, who now run the club about any outsiders. Thistle fans also have this warped sense of playing idealistic football, "the right way" rather than whats actually effective. We plod along with the legends on the playing side of things giving them as long as they like and the end result is 50 years of abject shite on the park and off the park ain't much better even after a lottery winner hanging around. Gary Caldwell would have been hunted after some of the form and showings of Doolan, Archie or McCall. Miles Storey or Shea Gordon or Juan Alegria or any number of bad players would get dogs abuse after a bad game cause they're not deemed to be one of our own whilst certain players get away with because of their standing in the club.

Doolan isn't going to get sacked, they've made their bed, but they need to get him some help on the managerial staff and he could at least start by dropping certain players who give the impression they've become undroppable like Bannigan and Graham. 

Yip - pretty much sums up Thistle Im afraid - jobs for the Boys on Multi Levels 

5 minutes ago, avie-man said:

Every manager in football especially at our level always gets sacked at some point …. Doolan will and should be judged on results this season …IF we are out of the running of top four by Xmas or fail to make to make top four at the end of the season then he is in trouble 

I’ve said this before defending is an important part of football …. Just look at Man City 

Back home from that and it was a tough watch. No pass marks for anyone, hardly any passes to talk of either. The gulf between a top half Premier team and us was frankly glaring. Quicker on the ball, faster to close down and way more clinical. Probably unfair to single any one player out but Williams really is a bomb scare - god knows what they saw to give him a two year deal!  

14 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Sandy - I disagree 

his Football Philosophy clearly shows that he only knows “ positive football”

Zero Tactics on defending a lead  - zero Tacticts when the opposition score - Zero Tacticts on playing a Team a level above you  

Signings starting to look questionable 

losing Games when we are in the lead in the last 20 minutes consistently

This isnt “ Youth Football” where your focused on Skill Development - its about Winning Games 

Correct me if am wrong (prob am) but has Doolan managed a game when we have been leading at 70mins and went on to lose let alone consistently?

Singings the jury is out as not seen enough of em.  If anything imo it’s the pre Dools signings who have been a massive let down of late ie Banzo, Graham etc

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Correct me if am wrong (prob am) but has Doolan managed a game when we have been leading at 70mins and went on to lose let alone consistently?

Singings the jury is out as not seen enough of em.  If anything imo it’s the pre Dools signings who have been a massive let down of late ie Banzo, Graham etc

Doolan picks the team …. He doesn’t have to play Graham or Bannigsn … indeed  he didn’t need to give  them new deals that was his choice 

A few things about our summer business had me slightly concerned.  

Making Graham captain might have been the obvious choice but I feel Doolan has made a rod for his own back as it makes him much harder to drop. He’s been great for Thistle but his current form is poor and along with Bannigan, I don’t see the sense in giving him a 2 year deal. 

We seem to have been slow off the mark signing players only to then sign a plethora of midfielders when it’s obvious our defence is a big issue. Neilson is potentially a good signing and should start against Queens Park along with Muirhead (who has been poor but has more experience than Williams).

It was always going to be a tough ask against a strong Hearts team but the performance was worrying. 

Next week is huge, lose that and we’re pretty much out of it already. Bannigan offers nothing more than Stanway, perhaps it’s time to give him a shot just like Stuart got all those years ago. 

A big few weeks for Doolan, he needs to show that he can handle adversity and get us moving in the right direction again. This time was always going to come in his career, sadly it’s probably come a lot sooner than he/we had hoped. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Much as I see it. If your senior established players are struggling then it's extremely difficult for the new signings to perform. That's of course not saying that we haven't signed duds. Just that it would take a special player to come into our team just now and impress.

Maybe those criticising Doolan's recruitment think Graham, Lawless , Bannigan etc are playing well. Maybe they believe whether they are or not as an irrelevance? 

1 minute ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Much as I see it. If your senior established players are struggling then it's extremely difficult for the new signings to perform. That's of course not saying that we haven't signed duds. Just that it would take a special player to come into our team just now and impress.

Maybe those criticising Doolan's recruitment think Graham, Lawless , Bannigan etc are playing well. Maybe they believe whether they are or not as an irrelevance? 

The jury is out on our recruitment but not on our performances 

44 minutes ago, Aliballibee said:

Back home from that and it was a tough watch. No pass marks for anyone, hardly any passes to talk of either. The gulf between a top half Premier team and us was frankly glaring. Quicker on the ball, faster to close down and way more clinical. Probably unfair to single any one player out but Williams really is a bomb scare - god knows what they saw to give him a two year deal!  

You wonder if if anyone actually saw him play before we signed him,  or just some agent on a pipedream..

• Like 1