Jags vs Pars

Jaggernaut

points to ponder

Jock Stein remember him

"if you don't lose goals you don't lose games"

John Lambie

"this is the hardest league to get out of, you must play guys that have the experience and have gained promotion"

next point how the hell we can be second to every second ball

irrespective how talented the opposition player is surely we should be able to get physically in amongst them

next point zander is not a full back, the way he plays the game he is certainly one for the future as an attacking midfielder

I agree with comments re Milne and Fitzpatrick if they could apply themselves like McMillan and Lawless

Robinson and Williamson have got to start on Saturday

Banzo rested

team for Saturday

sneddon

anybody that can kick a ball with his right peg at right back, muirhead neilson and milne

midfield robinson williamson and McInroy

Lawless Graham and Fitzpatrick

let's get at them from the off tomorrow

win lose or draw no more "second to every ball"

onwards and upwards 👍

13 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

points to ponder

Jock Stein remember him

"if you don't lose goals you don't lose games"

John Lambie

"this is the hardest league to get out of, you must play guys that have the experience and have gained promotion"

next point how the hell we can be second to every second ball

irrespective how talented the opposition player is surely we should be able to get physically in amongst them

next point zander is not a full back, the way he plays the game he is certainly one for the future as an attacking midfielder

I agree with comments re Milne and Fitzpatrick if they could apply themselves like McMillan and Lawless

Robinson and Williamson have got to start on Saturday

Banzo rested

team for Saturday

sneddon

anybody that can kick a ball with his right peg at right back, muirhead neilson and milne

midfield robinson williamson and McInroy

Lawless Graham and Fitzpatrick

let's get at them from the off tomorrow

win lose or draw no more "second to every ball"

onwards and upwards 👍

Is McMillan still missing?

Adeloye in to replace Graham.

Bring Grsham on for the last 30 mins to  play along side Adeloye and take off the most ineffective player from midfield or our front 3 to accommodate this change.

I am surprised posters are talking about sticking with 4-3-3 as BBC showed our formation against Arbroath as 4-2-3-1.

Surprised no one else has suggested promoting Adelyoe from the bench for a first team start.

36 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Bring Grsham on for the last 30 mins to  play along side Adeloye and take off the most ineffective player from midfield or our front 3 to accommodate this change.

I am surprised posters are talking about sticking with 4-3-3 as BBC showed our formation against Arbroath as 4-2-3-1.

Surprised no one else has suggested promoting Adelyoe from the bench for a first team start.

Adeloye didn’t do much to impress in his start against QOS. Graham is the captain so on that basis alone he will start. Dools has somewhat backed himself into a corner with that decision. 

Edited by jaggy
Spelling

8 hours ago, laukat said:

Don't get the clamour for Ngwenya. He was better than Zander against Arbroath but we had to play 3 at the back to accommodate him.

Against Ayr Ngwenya was poor and we were lucky Ayr had no striker worth the name.

So to my mind a back 4 of McMilland-Muirhead-Neilson-Milne is the best we have and isn't the part of the team that needs fixed. Equally Lawless, Graham and Fitzpatrick are the best we have and not the problem.

The problem is the midfield 3. We can't start Stanway and Bannigan again.Personally I would have Williamson and McInroy with Robinson the attacking midfielder.

However it will be yet Bannigan plus 2 and we will again wonder why our midfield isn't much use.

So why do you think bannigan is a certain pick? Would any manager really pick a player based on history.....? Quite a gamble

8 hours ago, dl1971 said:

So why do you think bannigan is a certain pick? Would any manager really pick a player based on history.....? Quite a gamble

Not just Banzo, but based on Doolan’s past form, McMillan, Milne, Muirhead, Brannigan, Lawless, Fitzpatrick and Graham are all certain to start when fit. He very much likes a settled side

9 hours ago, dl1971 said:

Under Doolan last season Bannigan started every single game that he was fit. In all the games he played under Doolan he only got subbed once where he wasn't injured and was off the park for a grand total of 11 minutes.

However as we all witnessed the best team performances under Doolan and McCall were the 6 playoff games where Bannigan didn't play any more than 40 minutes in any game. (Arguably his appearance from the bench at County starts our collapse)

You would have thought that the evidence of last seasons performances would suggest it might have been worth at least trying a midfield without Bannigan however this season under Doolan he's started every single game. He's only been subbed once so played every minute bar 10.

So, yes I think Bannigan is a certain pick. Why is beyond me

12 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Several players including Adeloye got promoted for the QOS game and failed to impress.

1 hour ago, laukat said:

Under Doolan last season Bannigan started every single game that he was fit. In all the games he played under Doolan he only got subbed once where he wasn't injured and was off the park for a grand total of 11 minutes.

However as we all witnessed the best team performances under Doolan and McCall were the 6 playoff games where Bannigan didn't play any more than 40 minutes in any game. (Arguably his appearance from the bench at County starts our collapse)

You would have thought that the evidence of last seasons performances would suggest it might have been worth at least trying a midfield without Bannigan however this season under Doolan he's started every single game. He's only been subbed once so played every minute bar 10.

I think that is a hard argument to make about Bannigan based on last season - there were 13 matches before the playoffs with only 1 loss. Arguably, the playoff final was lost when we couldn’t score in the 2nd half at Firhill against 10 men.

1 minute ago, Lenziejag said:

I think that is a hard argument to make about Bannigan based on last season - there were 13 matches before the playoffs with only 1 loss. Arguably, the playoff final was lost when we couldn’t score in the 2nd half at Firhill against 10 men.

Is that the playoff game were Bannigan returned from injury and replaced Steven Lawless with 15 minutes to go? Perhaps if we had stuck with replacing an attacker with an attacked as in previous playoff games when Bannigan was injured we might have scored the 3rd against a tiring 10 man County team in the last few minutes? However we were 3 ahead with 20 minutes to go in the 2nd leg so blaming it on the first leg seems a bit of a stretch.

There were 13 games without loss and we became a hard team to beat under Doolan with Bannigan, Docherty and Turner in midfield. However we only really changed to being a team that could defend and score lots when Bannigan was injured.

Not saying this season that this the midfield will definitely be better without Bannigan but its surely worth a try? 

1 hour ago, laukat said:

Bannigan was in the touchline waiting to come on when the penalty was given at Dingwall. Docherty then passed the ball out the park from the kick-off leading directly to the second goal so that's an argument entirely without substance. We were also 2-0 up in the first play-off game against Queens Park when Bannigan went off injured. 

I would like Banzo to be far more positive and influential but your relentless scapegoating of him for every goal we concede over the last few weeks is absurd.

• Like 1