Queens Park Away

Lambies Lost Doo

16 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Lucky to get a point. First half formation didn’t work despite going in one up. If Queens could finish better it would have been a comfortable 3 points for them. 

Obvious that QP didn't bother watching any of our games and didn't learn from the Firhill match. Anyone with any kind of coaching experience and tactical nouse should be able to work out our deficiencies. We repeatedly do the same moronic things game after game. Same distribution methods. Same passing phases. Same weak links getting starting spots week after week. I'm amazed we're not further down the league. Maybe that's a reflection of the tinpot league we're in more than anything and the low standard of coaches/managers we're up against.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Poor performance and very lucky to get a point 

poor standard of football from both teams 

Imo that a bit harsh on QP. Pretty obvious they're a well coached team & tactically they knew exactly where we were weakest. But boy were we fortunate to leave with a point.

Will give the team some credit for the lightning quick move to grab the equaliser seconds after losing 2 goals at the other end. That showed a bit of character.

Rather surprised that no one has commented on the referee over-ruling the linesman's offside flag to award their second goal. What made the referee such a multi-visioned expert all of a sudden? What is the point of having a linesman at all? He might as well have gone home.

• Like 1

The draw seemed almost like a win. A get outta jail result for sure. Watching Graham effectively playing in midfield was almost surreal. Williamson looked more comfortable playing wide left than McInroy. The two Bens and Neilson and maybe Bannigan at a stretch were the only ones getting my pass marks. 

• Like 1

This was not the Friday night release of tension I was hoping for...we were pretty fortunate to get a point. It felt like Queens had about 75% possession with a stream of dangerous balls across our 6 yard box whereas we offered little more than long balls behind their defence,

In fairness our two coherent passages of play brought goals but we hardly managed 3 successive passes otherwise. Both penalties were in the stonewall category and although the linesman gave offside for their second my instant reaction was it was a valid goal.

Two up front seemed like the right selection but Adeloye failed to hold up possession and his slack pass in a great attacking position led directly to their first goal. McEnroy did kick a ball - he had a decent shot in the first half but yet again I can't remember him winning a challenge, beating a player or doing much at all. Unsurprisingly, Alston & Williamson contributed next to nothing as substitutes.

On a more positive note, Stanway did quite well, Neilson looks a decent player and Banzo covered a lot of ground and gaps.

For most of last season, I thought we were the best side in the division by a distance. So far this season, we have been second best in most games I've seen.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Imo that a bit harsh on QP. Pretty obvious they're a well coached team & tactically they knew exactly where we were weakest. But boy were we fortunate to leave with a point.

Totally agree . QP were the much better team - they had a shape , new what they were trying to do and had players who could control a ball and play a pass .

We were shocking and lucky to get a point .

8 hours ago, Emsca said:

Totally agree . QP were the much better team - they had a shape , new what they were trying to do and had players who could control a ball and play a pass .

We were shocking and lucky to get a point .

Agreed. As a at Firhill, I thought their problem was the lack of an instinctive no.9 like they had in Simon Murray and sometimes trying to play one pass too many. I couldn’t believe the amount of space we gave Thomas and Robson given that they put us to the sword several times last season. 

Edited by Stephen1876

8 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

The draw seemed almost like a win. A get outta jail result for sure. Watching Graham effectively playing in midfield was almost surreal. Williamson looked more comfortable playing wide left than McInroy. The two Bens and Neilson and maybe Bannigan at a stretch were the only ones getting my pass marks. 

A nod also to Zander MacKenzie. He had a chastening experience against Arbroath and came on tonight to play against Thomas. Thomas got the better of him a few times but he stuck to his task. 

It was evident at 89 minutes that Doolan had settled for a draw and used up all the subs possible to give lads the opportunity to play at Hampden.

After the referee overruled his assistant, the latter might just as well have gone for an early bath. Putting players' pleas before your own assistant's view was bound to undermine the latter, and visibly affected him for the rest of the game.

27 minutes ago, Stephen1876 said:

A nod also to Zander MacKenzie. He had a chastening experience against Arbroath and came on tonight to play against Thomas. Thomas got the better of him a few times but he stuck to his task. 

Zander did ok , still need to get him into his preferred position in midfield which will benefit us more with his power and pace

Last night we had too many players out of position McInroy , BG etc

Only plusses for me last night were Ben Stanway and Banzo ( last 20 mins) when he took responsibility after all the sub changes were made .

Very lucky to get a point 

• Like 1

Questions now for me about Doolan's managerial abilities. I adore the guy, like everyone else, but for me there's a real naivety and lack of experience which is killing us. Teams look at us and suss us almost immediately. There seems to me to be a lack of tactical guile.

I also question whether any learning happened after the DUFC game as I saw little evidence last night. One example. Sneddon's distribution. He holds the ball, waits for the opposition to regroup and get their shape THEN kicks a long ball up to Big Stevie Lawless. We lose possession immediately and are on the back foot. If we can ALL see that's not working and Sneddon needs fast distribution to his defence then onwards, what coaching is actually taking place? The last two games have been like watching Thistle Under 9s playing grown men.