Partick Thistle ๐Ÿ”ด ๐ŸŸก Vs Livingston ๐ŸŸกโšซ๏ธ - up for the cup

jagfox

17 hours ago, JeanieD said:

CJ

Given our, frankly, appalling Scottish Cup record over the past 40 odd years the "magic" (such as it ever was) has totally evaporated - from Dumbarton at home, Cowdenbeath at home, Meadowbank (LIVI !!!) at their place, the results and performances have been dire. Also the Cup has lost a bit of sparkle - I'm old enough to remember back to back games against Dunfermline in the late 60s - both draws, both at Firhill. The League attendance was c6,000, the Cup attendance a week later was almost triple that - such was the allure of the Cup back then - nowadays Cup attendances are, by comparison, very poor - not helped by season tickets not being valid as well!

The main interest for me nowadays as regard the Cup is to gaze in amazement at the manufacturing of the draws for each round.ย 

Oh you cynic you!๐Ÿ˜€

6 hours ago, topcat said:

Came on to have a rant about the 60th odd minute substitutions but see that Doolan has held his hand up to that one.ย 

Threw the game away.ย  Graham and Lawless were still bursting with cup tie energy. Being later in their careers that meant a whole lot more to them and barring an injury both would have done the 90 easy.ย 

Martindale couldn't have believed his luck when Doolan ran up the flag and signalled our intensions to defend a lead from the 65th minute.

Feel sorry for some of those players who put a shift in for that 2-0 lead. As well as Graham and Lawless, Bannigan had one of his best games and well I could list a few others who didn't deserve to be on the end of that poor managerial decision.

I am a great believer that mangers should be sitting in the stands and radioing down their instructions to the dugout as being above the play gives you a better perspective. Maybe if he could have seen it like we can see it he would not have done that.

Just watched Camailians video of McInroys goal and what can can you see in the Jackie. Nobody sitting in the first five or six rows at the bottom because the view of the game is crap. Get upstairs Dools

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Out of likes but completely agree: it is unprofessional if you are in charge of strategy not to seek out the best view. (At megabuck levels, players are intelligent enough to be allowed to work it out for themselves.)

Season now over. This is the time for Dools to build for next season. three goals in twenty minutes v Ross County, Two up against Cove, Two up v Raith and now today. In 71 this lack of football knowledge would have seen us being scudded by Celtic in the second half. Simply putting your hand up to a F@#k up is keach. As a player Dools was a club Legend, as a manager just another runner in the pack of keach managers in Scotland.ย 

11 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

I do not think that reasoning works. If we had won, we would have been a different ball number, as Morton would have intervened as regards alphabetical order.

That was my original thought.However,we would have been the same number as it is Greenock Mortonย 

21 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

I do not think that reasoning works. If we had won, we would have been a different ball number, as Morton would have intervened as regards alphabetical order.

Unfortunately, we would have had the same ball number as Livi.

47 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

It does still reason as we lost a fortune regardless of who we would have got. ย Minimum of ยฃ100,000 alone for qualifying. ย All 4 games will also be on tv. ย 

Appreciate Doolan saying he made a mistake with his subs but in doing so I think he has highlighted the general problem he and McDonald have.

Doolan thought the issue was Lawless not getting the ball in the air and Graham not having the speed to worry Livi's defence. That to me was a miss-diagnosis of the problem and by quite some margin which makes me wonder if McDonald and Doolan need some help.

Yesterday we were getting pulled apart down our left side with Livi playing in the gap between Milne and Fitzpatrick. Our right side was fairly solid but as we started to loose the left side Bannigan had to come across and we started to lose the centre as well. Stanway didn't play badly but he is nowhere near ready to take on a midfield of Livi's quality.

I actually think our squad this season might be better placed to have a go at the playoff but I think McDonald and Doolan need someone more experienced in the stand not involved in coaching who can give them a different opinion of what is and isn't working during a game.

One other thing - the pitch is again looking pretty bare in the usual areas. What's this years excuse?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

That was my original thought.However,we would have been the same number as it is Greenock Mortonย 

If a butterfly flaps its wings....

There's absolutely no way of knowing who (or where), we would have drawn.

We've missed out on a lot of money and a shot at glory. That much is certain.

Judging by the state of the pitch, I can guess where most of it would go.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sabbath said:

Season now over. This is the time for Dools to build for next season. three goals in twenty minutes v Ross County, Two up against Cove, Two up v Raith and now today. In 71 this lack of football knowledge would have seen us being scudded by Celtic in the second half. Simply putting your hand up to a F@#k up is keach. As a player Dools was a club Legend, as a manager just another runner in the pack of keach managers in Scotland.ย 

Yep. Worst post I've seen for quite a few weeks. Congrats.ย 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, laukat said:

Appreciate Doolan saying he made a mistake with his subs but in doing so I think he has highlighted the general problem he and McDonald have.

Doolan thought the issue was Lawless not getting the ball in the air and Graham not having the speed to worry Livi's defence. That to me was a miss-diagnosis of the problem and by quite some margin which makes me wonder if McDonald and Doolan need some help.

Yesterday we were getting pulled apart down our left side with Livi playing in the gap between Milne and Fitzpatrick. Our right side was fairly solid but as we started to loose the left side Bannigan had to come across and we started to lose the centre as well. Stanway didn't play badly but he is nowhere near ready to take on a midfield of Livi's quality.

I actually think our squad this season might be better placed to have a go at the playoff but I think McDonald and Doolan need someone more experienced in the stand not involved in coaching who can give them a different opinion of what is and isn't working during a game.

One other thing - the pitch is again looking pretty bare in the usual areas. What's this years excuse?

That's a great take on the game. ๐Ÿ‘ย  Dools held his hands up on his subs. Perhaps a change in midfield would have been better.ย  I thought Adeloye coming on was the right idea and if that wonder shot was 1 inch to the left it would have been 3-1.ย 

13 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

That's a great take on the game. ๐Ÿ‘ย  Dools held his hands up on his subs. Perhaps a change in midfield would have been better.ย  I thought Adeloye coming on was the right idea and if that wonder shot was 1 inch to the left it would have been 3-1.ย 

Just watched the game back and I would have taken Graham off as he did very little in attack,ย  did not cause the living defence any problems. Adeloye has more pace than Graham however he does not work as hard, very rarely presses.ย 

We really should not need a striker to help out in defence as much as Graham does. Just sort out the defence.

8 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Aren't Livingston, in addition to SPL revenue, also heavy spondored by the Tony Macaroni Restaurant Business.

I've no idea how they survive. They appear to live under constant boardroom turmoil, defending lawsuits etc. Things that would make our recent behind the scenes shenanigans look like a minor tiff.

They're probably only the fifth best supported club in their catchment area, so in some ways you have to admire how they can so often punch above their weight. Personally I dislike just about everything connected to Livingston FC but that may be highlighting my own prejudices.ย 

As disappointing as it is to go out and miss out of a payday, if Adeloye's shot had gone in, a matter of an inch or so, the game would have swung in our favour and The subs would be getting viewed differently.

Small margins etc etc

Edited by jaggymct
  • Like 1