Thistle v Dunfermline 23rd Feb 2024

CotterJag

Looking forward to this and a chance to use my season ticket for the first time ever (3 seasons).

There's something special about a night game and I'm sure the Jags will turn up and give us plenty to cheer.

P.S. Decided it's not too early to start the thread, as the game's on a Friday 

As far as the result on Friday is concerned, we need to be clear on whether the new Thistle funding model will have any bearing on the result.  Has the debate on here and within the Club affected players' performance in any way, and if so what funding remedies are available?

• Haha 3

I am too old to be bothered about this or that tranche. As long as the future of the club is not threatened I am happy to let those who know about these matters get on with it.

I think there are sufficient numbers of people involved who love the club and have its best interest at heart.

To the Pars game.

I am expecting an Ayr United and Queens Park night. By thos I mean we start on the front foot, stay on the front foot, play outstanding attacking football and hammer the Pars  by 4/5 goals. In other words a good night for Jags fans. Oh, and of course gat 3 points.

• Like 1

I don't expect a clean sheet at either end. Dunfermline are on a terrible run, so this is exactly the sort of game that we traditionally lose.

Jags totally dominant, but lose 1-2 (probably a late goal from a corner)

PS. Afrer game comments will be to drop Sneddon and to start O'Reilly

Edited by Dick Dastardly

2 hours ago, exiledjag said:

I am too old to be bothered about this or that tranche. As long as the future of the club is not threatened I am happy to let those who know about these matters get on with it.

I think there are sufficient numbers of people involved who love the club and have its best interest at heart.

To the Pars game.

I am expecting an Ayr United and Queens Park night. By thos I mean we start on the front foot, stay on the front foot, play outstanding attacking football and hammer the Pars  by 4/5 goals. In other words a good night for Jags fans. Oh, and of course gat 3 points.

Don't know where you are, exiledjag, but I'll happily partake in what you're imbibing or smoking!

10 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

I would like to see us wearing the white Roadmap strip on Friday night,   A white strip always looks great under floodlights......Mon the Jags...........

7 hours ago, thornwoodjag said:

Believe it was just for cup games. 

Indeed. Cup change strip never to be seen again.

23 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I don't expect a clean sheet at either end. Dunfermline are on a terrible run, so this is exactly the sort of game that we traditionally lose.

Jags totally dominant, but lose 1-2 (probably a late goal from a corner)

PS. Afrer game comments will be to drop Sneddon and to start O'Reilly

Be gobsmacked if Sneddon is in goal and disappointed if OReilly doesn’t start.,

Hopefully those after game comments will be along the lines of the late Bruce Forsyth…. “Didn’t they do well!” 

31 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Be gobsmacked if Sneddon is in goal and disappointed if OReilly doesn’t start.,

Hopefully those after game comments will be along the lines of the late Bruce Forsyth…. “Didn’t they do well!” 

I'd be (pleasantly) gobsmacked if Doolan makes those changes. He doesn't, by and large, drop players because of form, only injury.

5 minutes ago, MarciaBlaine said:

I'd be (pleasantly) gobsmacked if Doolan makes those changes. He doesn't, by and large, drop players because of form, only injury.

He says he needs to keep learning. Maybe one of the things he needs to learn is that form is a reason to change the team. 

31 minutes ago, MarciaBlaine said:

I think the fact O'Reilly got a run out at Inverness will swing things. Besides Muirhead wouldn't exactly be dropped as such given he's carrying a couple of injuries.

Assuming Stewart is an emergency back up then if Sneddon is dropped it'll be likely Mitchell will be in goals. Mitchell may only now be fully fit to start. I think Doolan, even if against his ways, may well have made the change in goals before now.