PTFC v The Loch Inverness Monster

Only 24 hours to go to kick off, so I will pluck up courage and open the match thread. Hopefully it is not too early. 

If I understand mathematical progressions, after progressive score lines v Inverness this season of 0-0, 1-1 and 3-3, the score on Saturday should be 6-6.

I would take that, but only if we are 0-6 down with 5 minutes to go, and mount an epic comeback. Of course by that time everybody else will have walked out in disgust, and Auld Jag and I will be the only fans left in the John Lambie Stand to witness this.

• Like 1

Come out and take the game to them and get the first goal please Jags. then keep a clean sheet! Fancy Fitzy for another goal tomorrow along with BBG.  Does anyone know the situation with Dowds, if Ayr don’t make the playoffs will he then be eligible for us in the playoffs or not?

57 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

Come out and take the game to them and get the first goal please Jags. then keep a clean sheet! Fancy Fitzy for another goal tomorrow along with BBG.  Does anyone know the situation with Dowds, if Ayr don’t make the playoffs will he then be eligible for us in the playoffs or not?

I doubt if Dowds can play for us in play offs as I’m sure we could only have recalled him in January but Dools chose not to

McInroy out means at least one change to the starting 11. As Banzo is also out, the obvious (to me) choice is Stanway who has been unlucky to have less game time recently. The alternative might be Alston. However I think that Stanway. would be more involved in the game and I can see him combining well with Neilson. Keep the McBeth Muirhead centre back partnership.

8 hours ago, partickthedog said:

McInroy out means at least one change to the starting 11. As Banzo is also out, the obvious (to me) choice is Stanway who has been unlucky to have less game time recently. The alternative might be Alston. However I think that Stanway. would be more involved in the game and I can see him combining well with Neilson. Keep the McBeth Muirhead centre back partnership.

I'd agree with that but got a funny feeling Doolan may start with The Ghost. At least Ben has more presence and would allow Robinson to support BBG.

There will be slim pickings on the bench though.

So we need to get at them from the outset.

A game we should be winning and I feel we can if we can create and take our chances.

I'll go for a hopeful, 2 - 0 win. BBG and Robinson with the goals.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I'd agree with that but got a funny feeling Doolan may start with The Ghost. At least Ben has more presence and would allow Robinson to support BBG.

There will be slim pickings on the bench though.

So we need to get at them from the outset.

A game we should be winning and I feel we can if we can create and take our chances.

I'll go for a hopeful, 2 - 0 win. BBG and Robinson with the goals.

What in the wide, wide world o' sports is a goin' on here?

https://crescentcitysports.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Slim-Pickens.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A number of teams could still make top 4. For example a Morton win today they could go 4th on the other hand Morton lose and ICT win at Firhill Morton would drop to 8th, with only 2 points between them and 9th placed ICT, albeit Morton have a game in hand. As for us we just need to keep winning and let the teams below us get on with it.

36 minutes ago, elevenone said:

IMG_4134.jpeg

Woodstock Jag will not be happy that we have been forced to increase the alphabetical spread of the first letters of the team surnames.

However, in the absence of McInroy, I think that bringing in Stanway is the best choice.