Rangers Fc- A Nation Mourns?

Milo

Or in the early 80, when they had a couple of thousand to play us at Ibrox, or pre-souness when they never sold out ibrox, or dundee united in the cup when the grounds only 3/5 full or............

Why can't r*****s supporters get this through their thick skulls?

Their claim that they "are" Scottish football could only hold up if they were getting large crowds which they will only get if they are winning all the time, which they only can do if they have big name players, which they can only afford to buy if they spend money they don't have which will lead them into bankruptcy, administration ....

And without them the other half will not have the same clout in the SPL and then may have to share the money with the rest of the SPL teams leading them to spend less and subsequently a much more competitive league.

Hopefully the rest of Scottish professional football will see this and reorganise and build up a much better product on the park.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The blue rinse knights new bid is apparently way lower than the americans who wants to liquidate as soon as, so neither can keep the club running, with strong rumours admin only has 2 weeks of cash left to keep themselves getting paid think it could be bye bye

Like I said in a post elsewhere, it's like the plot of Bleak House ... the lawsuit goes on for ages until the lawyers have used up everybody's money.

Well I see the Daily Ranger is living up to its name and printing a D-I-Y guide for protesting Currant Buns! It would be sad if it wasn't true, leaving aside the impartiality of the press, this march is likely to be an unofficial Orange parade, no doubt replete with flutes etc. and the standards of behaviour we all know and love, Can there seriously be any doubt, that recent events from Super Ally's demands for the outing of tribunal members to the simplistic rantings of disgruntled "fans" that the moronic element of the support represent not a tiny minority, but in fact are analogous with the true identity of Rangers Football Club. Will they not accept for once that the predicament they find themselves in is due not to the machinations of the SFA, UEFA. the rest of Scottish football, Celtic, the Pope or Catholics in general, but purely and simply .on the incompetence of those running the club.

Ooookay, so today it's the Blue Kinnnniggits and Brian Kennedy. Both parties have dropped out of the running and gone back in.

Ten days ago, the Blue Kinnnniggits were talking about taking over Rangers for, presumably, millions of quid but couldn't afford £500,000 for exclusivity. Bit of a confidence booster there.

Last week, US businessman Bill Miller offered a reported £11.2m for the shares owned by Allan Beresford B'stard Whyte - you know, the ones he borrowed on advance ticket sales to acquire from the Teflon & Tin Knight.

The Blue Kinnnniggits and Kennedy are reported to have offered less than Miller for control of Rangers.

All this plus the strong possibility of a multi-million tax bill landing on their desks.

• Disciplinary procedures will be rewritten and a new judicial panel will be convened. This will be semi-autonomous from the SFA for purposes of transparency.

Not transparent enough for Fat Sally. Funny how he's not mentioned if him or uncle Wattie received any payments via EBT?

I wont name any names but I have a well known sportswriter friend and he has been told that the initial findings of the SPHell inquiry into the dual contracts is so damning that the SPHell are not sure how to deal with it as it could lead to them (Rankgers) being expelled from Sottish football...thats how serious it is. Seemingly it implicates a LOT of people!!!

This saga has a long way to roll yet.....or maybe not!!! Just hope the powers of Scottish football dont cave in and give this horrific, bigotfest of a club their just desserts!

Edited by Lindau

I wont name any names but I have a well known sportswriter friend and he has been told that the initial findings of the SPHell inquiry into the dual contracts is so damning that the SPHell are not sure how to deal with it as it could lead to them (Rankgers) being expelled from Sottish football...thats how serious it is. Seemingly it implicates a LOT of people!!!

This saga has a long way to roll yet.....or maybe not!!! Just hope the powers of Scottish football dont cave in and give this horrific, bigotfest of a club their just desserts!

My inclination so far about McCoist and Jardine and the demand to "know who these people are" was that they were being thick and stupid (and arrogant). But a mate of mine suggested it wasn't just shooting off at the mouth but they knew the response they'd get from the worst of their fans - to let everyone know the trouble that could be caused. He meant it wasn't so much aimed at the SFA as the SPL, to make sure they're scared not let Rangers back in regardless. Didn't think much about the idea at the time but the more I think about it and the more I see the reactions from that lot ...

That was just a theory which could be rubbish, however a rumour I heard elsewhere (which could also be rubbish) is that a couple of clubs in the SPL have been approached by banks they owe big money to saying they're "concerned" about payment if Rangers aren't in the SPL.

I hope this isn't true. Personally I don't think there can be that much in it as the Ugly Sisters scoop up the bulk of TV money anyway and their travelling support is much reduced these days. Or if there is anything in it I hope they tell the banks how much better it would be for them if the OF didn't scoop up all the money - and that they would probably at worse be about as well off financially getting a much bigger share of a smaller pot.

My inclination so far about McCoist and Jardine and the demand to "know who these people are" was that they were being thick and stupid (and arrogant). But a mate of mine suggested it wasn't just shooting off at the mouth but they knew the response they'd get from the worst of their fans - to let everyone know the trouble that could be caused. He meant it wasn't so much aimed at the SFA as the SPL, to make sure they're scared not let Rangers back in regardless. Didn't think much about the idea at the time but the more I think about it and the more I see the reactions from that lot ...

I'd quite like to think it's a case of fight or flight - the stresses of the situation with the stressful thoughts running through their smaller hippocampuses and an unending flow of job-related adrenaline causing high blood pressure making them say/do things that are quite simply unacceptable .. and then I stop thinking and realise that I really don't give a fk what happens to the manky bigots :music:

Mmmm things might be coming to a head according to Daily Mirror reporter Brian McNally!!

Brian McNally ‏ @McNallyMirror

Some very good sources indicating the wheels of #Rangers liquidation are in motion & a statement may not be too far away.

Love Or Hate them rangers will not relegated to the first division.for one sky tv will have big say.how many

pubs social clubs around the world paid big money to watch that game yesterday

So given Rangers are hammered with sanctions but stay in the SPHell next season but end up bottom of the table because they have been forced to play their youth team....unlikely yes, but what happens then, no relegation for them because they are too big?. You would be as well throwing away the key, football in this country would be dead!! Its time clubs lived within their means, stuff the TV rights and get back to every game kicking off at 3.00 on a Saturday. No live games on TV, bigger attendances!!

Edited by Lindau

In all of this, the aspect that gives me the most malicious pleasure - and I have come to an uneasy accommodation with that part of my personality - is that the collapse of Rangers may well bring the SPL and SFA down, too.

I'd add that it doesn't please me to see people lose their jobs.

The SPL is 12 clubs, not two. The SFL is 30 clubs, not three or four struggling to get into the league that is 12, not two. The SFA is supposed to represent thousands of clubs, not dance to the tune of one because its fans don't like it.

Indeed, if someone proposed a march to Hampden and a rally in favour of tighter regulation of Scottish football for next Saturday I believe I'd join it.

Through all of this, you know the one word I haven't seen in print or spoken by fans or on radio talk shows?

Justice.

So given Rangers are hammered with sanctions but stay in the SPHell next season but end up bottom of the table because they have been forced to play their youth team....unlikely yes, but what happens then, no relegation for them because they are too big?. You would be as well throwing away the key, football in this country would be dead!! Its time clubs lived within their means, stuff the TV rights and get back to every game kicking off at 3.00 on a Saturday. No live games on TV, bigger attendances!!

Agree With You.Football In Scotland Is dead Anyway. do you think crowds would comeback cos there is no live tv

In all of this, the aspect that gives me the most malicious pleasure - and I have come to an uneasy accommodation with that part of my personality - is that the collapse of Rangers may well bring the SPL and SFA down, too.

I'd add that it doesn't please me to see people lose their jobs.

The SPL is 12 clubs, not two. The SFL is 30 clubs, not three or four struggling to get into the league that is 12, not two. The SFA is supposed to represent thousands of clubs, not dance to the tune of one because its fans don't like it.

Indeed, if someone proposed a march to Hampden and a rally in favour of tighter regulation of Scottish football for next Saturday I believe I'd join it.

Through all of this, you know the one word I haven't seen in print or spoken by fans or on radio talk shows?

Justice.

yep you are right how many times have the fans said there has to be changes made for the better of scottish football and no one cares

Agree With You.Football In Scotland Is dead Anyway. do you think crowds would comeback cos there is no live tv

Crowds in SPHell would increase, dont think it would affect us too much, but if Rangers do go bust, I am pretty sure teams like DundeeUnd, Motherwell, Hearts etc would see significent increases in gates if no live football and they had a realistic chance of European football every season

As a matter of interest, what financial benefit do we get from the SPL, specifically the OF? Apart from drawing them in cup competitions, do we get anything trickling down from the "top table" that we should tug our forelocks in servile gratitude?

We're supposed to support them in Europe, and at the same time support their attempts to try to leave Scotland for England (or wherever will take them).

We get zilch in return.

I think one thing people are forgetting is that UEFA will be keeping a close eye on this and Scottish football will be punished if Rangers get off Scot (!) free. They may not be able to stop the SPL letting them back in - but they could seriously hurt the teams in the league that think they might be in Europe the next season.

So I reckon there will be further sanctions on Rangers and of course whatever happens they will still suffer a transfer embargo and even when out of that will take a few year to be able to afford players of the standard of previous seasons. They would be a seriously weakened team for some time.

So how good is the Old Firm game going to look to Sky if it turns into a 1-sided doing for R@ngers every game? Unless of course their ugly twin decides to lose the odd game deliberately to keep up the interest of course.

Of course it could be claimed that Sky are stuck with their deal until 2016 if R@ngers get back in as a newco but if as was reported last year -"Central to the new deal is the continuation of four Old Firm matches each season" - it could be argued that legally R@ngers no longer exist (whatever the fans or owners claim) and so the deal is void. And relegation to the Third division could also muck up the deal.

So with or without them, I think Sky could possibly cut back on the deal - and if this is the case, if there's going to be less to go around, then I'd say it would be madness for the other SPL clubs not to get together to get fairer distribution of what's left. After all even if newco gets into SPL it can be argued it's not the same entity that was due a lion's share of the TV money.

My only fear is they may be too thick/gutless to see this.

Edited by Mr Bunny

I see the SPL have delayed the decision on the introduction of the so called fair play rules- silly me thinking things have always been fair and above board in the Scottish game!

Nonetheless, this decision to do nothing for the minute could have a variety of reasons, well depending of course your a Currant Bun or not. Also I also hear the Dark Knights have just submitted their 249th(at the time of writing) bid for control of Rangers. Its strange that a team which supposedly carries the hopes of many Scots, seems incapable of mounting a credible rescue package. I mean supposedly "smaller" clubs like Hibs, ourselves and even Scumdee have managed this feat, maybe Rangers are not as central to 21st Century Scotland as is generally thought.

Of course it could be that, to paraphrase Mills I'm not saying Rangers fans are generally stupid, but stupid people are generally Rangers supporters.

Edited by stillresigned

The longer this fiasco drags on, the more I get the feeling that nothing will actually happen. 'Rangers', in whatever form, will be in the top 2 of the SPL next year, one way or another. Cue much wailing about the injustice of it all, shortly followed by a return to business as usual and much media fawning from Traynor, Dung, Keevins and co over 'the institution that refused to die' and 'the fans who refused to walk away'. I read Doncaster's interview last night, and it seems that he is already preparing the ground for the new Rangers to be parachuted into the SPL, no doubt supported by other spineless SPL chairmen terrified of losing their TV money and attendence money. I desperately hope I'm wrong, but I will believe Rangers playing in the third division when I actually see them losing at home to Montrose on a cold February night.

The longer this fiasco drags on, the more I get the feeling that nothing will actually happen. 'Rangers', in whatever form, will be in the top 2 of the SPL next year, one way or another. Cue much wailing about the injustice of it all, shortly followed by a return to business as usual and much media fawning from Traynor, Dung, Keevins and co over 'the institution that refused to die' and 'the fans who refused to walk away'. I read Doncaster's interview last night, and it seems that he is already preparing the ground for the new Rangers to be parachuted into the SPL, no doubt supported by other spineless SPL chairmen terrified of losing their TV money and attendence money. I desperately hope I'm wrong, but I will believe Rangers playing in the third division when I actually see them losing at home to Montrose on a cold February night.

In a way I wouldn't mind them being allowed back into the SPL - provided there were strong financial and footballing sanctions against them for their cheating. I think having to play a very weakened team and getting spells of regular beatings (like other teams have to suffer at times) would be just.

Unfortunately Doncaster (and Topping too - another disgrace) seem to be keen to let them in unpunished and able to start up again where they left off. I suspect whenever Rangers are away next season the SPL grounds will be full of chants of Cheats! Cheats! non-stop for 90 minutes.

I also think letting Rangers back in unpunished will be very damaging for Scottish football. These guys are only looking out for their short term pay packets and don't give a damn about the game as a whole.