Hearts

p12tfc

It's our chance to relegate them now.

We need to win more than they do. Anything less than 3 points would be very disappointing.

Im not interested in the relegating part as dont have any problems with Heats supporters. I just want the 3 points on saturday that's all Im interested in.

Think they will get a lift after sundays game and tonights result but at the same time legs should be a bit tired so we should be far fresher for this game

ideally dons would have won tonight, so their heads would be down saturday.

tougher game saturday now, but no reason we can't be the team that puts the jambos down.

positives for us to take from tonight:

hearts players left pitch looking shattered according to radio, coupled with their exertions of sundays derby, their players energy levels could be low for saturday.

wilson suspension can only be viewed as a negative blow for them, and give them selection problems.

they will bring a large support on saturday (much larger than if they had lost tonight), so that will please beattie, and help make for a great atmosphere.

they will be well up for it, and with a noisy away support backing them, they will be no stick-on easy turnover ..... but if we go at them from the first minute, and play for 90 minutes (and all stoppage time) with fast freeflowing pacey passing on deck football we know we can (and have been lavished with praise for), stretch them and pull their players all over the place with our fantastic front four (taylor, dools, bridge, higgy), and keep it tight and sensible at back (no switching off at dead ball situations especially), no reason why we can't tire them and deflate both their players and fans enthusiasm, and once we get a goal or two, their heads could go down as their legs and fighting spirit expire, and could set us up with a very positive result going into the post split fixtures.

Im not interested in the relegating part as dont have any problems with Heats supporters. I just want the 3 points on saturday that's all Im interested in.

Think they will get a lift after sundays game and tonights result but at the same time legs should be a bit tired so we should be far fresher for this game

hearts are on a run ..... win, draw, defeat. :happy2:

• Like 1

It's our chance to relegate them now.

We need to win more than they do. Anything less than 3 points would be very disappointing.

They are still alive, so they will be dangerous opponents, albeit hanging by the proverbial thread.

They will fight to the death for sure, so we cannot be complacent. Aberdeen have not beaten them in three attempts this season.

These three points are not a given, and Archie would do well to drill that into the players.

Is Wilson actually suspended for Saturday? I was kinda dozing during the radio coverage but thought it was two yellows? If so, it would be unusual to be facing an immediate suspension.

Pity they equalised. Hears are really poor, but they are fighting like firs just now. A loss tonight could well have taken the edge off them for the weekend.

Still, with the post-split fixtures now announced maybe we have the chance to relegate BOTH Edinburgh teams within the space of a month. THAT would be a laugh…

Is Wilson actually suspended for Saturday? I was kinda dozing during the radio coverage but thought it was two yellows? If so, it would be unusual to be facing an immediate suspension.

Red card is always immediate suspension in the same competition. Violent conduct or Serious foul play is usual next game regardless of competition

I'd like us to have a hand in Hearts being relegated this time round. Seems only fair.

They might be fighting, they might be hanging by a thread....but really, they're a pretty poor team at this level and we should be going out there to win well. Of course we need to be on our game, but that's the same every week. Play well and we will win.

Remember that Hearts had their 15 point penalty. If it wasn't for that they would be on 25, just 3 behind St.Mirren, so there is not much difference between them and other sides we have struggled against. This is no gimme and Hearts will be desperate to be able to say that it was only the points penalty that relegated them.

I think we should win. I think we will win, but I'm not taking it for granted.

Finger out, Aberdeen - you could have helped us avoid the "title party" debacle at Firhill, and you could have relegated Hearts. Not impressed!!

This. By not winning against effing Ross County they allowed Celtic their Title party. Either of those things is a pain in the a*se but both of them - thanks for nothing (except believing your own publicity and giving us our first home win)

Aberdeen have been found out to be not as good as everyone makes them out to be - don't believe the hype.

Serves them right for having an open top bus parade for the league cup. Pretty sure St. Mirren never did that last season.

Should they win both cups then fair enough, but given the manner of their win, and the growing insignificance of the competition, I thought it was well over the top. I think Aberdeen have definitely lost focus since that final. Open top bus parades should be for the end of the season only.

Simple, anything less than a win on Saturday will be a cause of considerable disappointment and worry. Every game, apart from against Hertz now will be hard thought and played against a side of approimately the same ability. Hertz are relegated, even if its not official and we should be expecting three points and hopefully a comfortable three points at that.

All the praise our side has recieved this season, will be as nought if we can't for once, defeat the teams around us. I'm confident that if we adopt the correct attitude, we'll more than hold our own.

Edited by stillresigned