Just In........ From Love Street

thebiglemon

First half best forgotten. Second half better although the conditions did not make for a silky game.

I assume Fox has fallen out with SOD as despite being the only player in the entire right of the field he refused to play the ball to him. Then at one point played a pass to Osman putting us under all sorts of pressure. Centre pair looked good.

Welsh looks as if he needs more game time to get back up to speed, I hope he is not out again after coming off at half time.

Fraser looked good when he came on, Osman solid and a usual shift from Elliott tries hard and got a goal, can we ask for more from someone who just fills gaps in the team when someone is out?

Stevenson looks as if he has shifted a bit of timber. Might be controversial here, but we give our strikers absolutely hee haw service. When we play Ryan we punt the ball up to him, he chased several of his own knock ons today. Nothing to feet for him to hold up. I don't think he is a lone striker, but Archie does. So whatever he thinks his strengths are, we need to start playing to them.

3 points on the road, we would not have won that game last season and we held on for a clean sheet. Happy days.

Conditions were woeful. Both teams lacking confidence. It was never going to be a cracker.

Thought we dominated the second half and only one winner in it when we scored. Osman and Frans absolutely immense.

Stevenson needs offloading, pronto. An absolute Jobby. No effort, no charm, no shame. We even try to play horrible high ball stuff when he's on.

Big shout out to Elliott today. The guy isn't premiership quality but damn does he work hard. 100% every week. Delighted with his winner this week after those premature celebrations last weekend.

Top 6 is definitely achievable. I'm standing by it. Fraser, Higgy and Welsh at full fitness and Doolan back in and we have a strong team. That back four is awesome.

I'd prefer Gallacher but Fox played well today.

Edited by brodieboy

That was absolutely dreadful for the most part, but we haven't got what we deserved from St Mirren games since getting promoted, so nice to even it up a bit.

First half was a horror show, but things improved a lot with Fraser's introduction. And even more so when Doolan and McDaid came on.

Obvious positives were Frans and Seaborne, who were very steady all day. In the 180 minutes Frans has played, I'm struggling to think of us being cut open at all, although St Mirren and St Johnstone were both mince.

McDaid looks an exciting sub. Nice to have a bit of pace to come on. Constantly see him in the gym, which suggests he is taking it all seriously. Hopefully see more of him.

Once everyone's fit, we should pull away from the bottom two spots I think. Hopefully we'll play better football than that too.

Edited by The Arch
  • Like 1

Don't see many comments about us NOT losing a late goal today!!

I don't think anyone would have been shocked if that shot from Adam Drury had gone in; the players seemed to be expecting it, anyway.

But as our esteemed and inimitable manager said, "We've played better than that and lost this season, so we'll take the three points."

Spot on, really.

• Members

He was miles off it today and we effectively played with 10 men. On today's showing he's probably a month or so's worth of reserve games away from being back in consideration.

I didn't make the game today but I seen on the text commentary that he took a knock very early on and considering he must have been a doubt because he had an injury during the week, could it not have been down to another blow to an sensitive leg? The 2 week break will be just in time for him. I'd imagine we'll play a closed door game to get him Fraser and Higgy a bit f pitch time before the Aberdeen game.

Frans and seaborne look the part together and seem the way forward

Big osman was solid in the middle of park

Mcdaid will make an impact if we keep bringing him on

My motm though was jordan mcmillan an absolute rock at the back and can tell he's a leader with how vocal he is with his team mates and great reaction from him at end of the game.

Fraser on in the second half changed the game

Always available for a pass, pushing the game forward

Welsh a wee bit off full match fitness and he did take a few hefty challenges in that first half

The aberdeen game midfield Fraser osman and bannigan

And of course Higgy if fit

McMillan will be suspended so we will be looking for a left back but hopefully not carroll

Frans and seaborne look the part together and seem the way forward

Big osman was solid in the middle of park

Mcdaid will make an impact if we keep bringing him on

My motm though was jordan mcmillan an absolute rock at the back and can tell he's a leader with how vocal he is with his team mates and great reaction from him at end of the game.

Archie might be a big fan of Welsh but there's no doubt our best midfield 3 is Bannigan, Osman & Fraser. Same as our best central defensive pairing is the one that played today. Just need Gallacher in goals & Doolan up top every week & we have a really solid team. In the January window we could do with 1 more wide player & a striker.

Conditions were woeful. Both teams lacking confidence. It was never going to be a cracker.

Thought we dominated the second half and only one winner in it when we scored. Osman and Frans absolutely immense.

Stevenson needs offloading, pronto. An absolute Jobby. No effort, no charm, no shame. We even try to play horrible high ball stuff when he's on.

Big shout out to Elliott today. The guy isn't premiership quality but damn does he work hard. 100% every week. Delighted with his winner this week after those premature celebrations last weekend.

Top 6 is definitely achievable. I'm standing by it. Fraser, Higgy and Welsh at full fitness and Doolan back in and we have a strong team. That back four is awesome.

I'd prefer Gallacher but Fox played well today.

can u not celebrate a win without looking for a scapegoat. Stevenson won't be shifted - very earliest next summer if at all so how about getting off the guys back and see what a run in the team does him though preferably in a position he is more comfortable in

Dreadful first half , we looked one paced and with Stevenson up front never looked like we were going to score, it changed after half time with the substitutions injecting pace and energy into the team. What a difference when you put a centre forward on , unfortunately I fear the worst regarding Stevenson who I feel is a huge transfer mistake by Archie and the club unless he's moved on quickly.

I think Archie got it dead right today. Boredom and 3 points as opposed to sterling football or a draw or worse. We didn't let St Mirren play today. OK they had a couple of mini chances in the 1st half but that was it. In the second half we looked like the most likely team to score and we did. If we hadn't scored when we did we would of scores before the 90. After we scored the game went back to tedium as dictated by Thistle. The 3 points were too important to risk. The only danger was when stupid heid (SOD) left his man and St Mirren hit the bar. The abuse SOD received from Seabourne and Frans indicated that he had not stuck to the game plan.

As for the Aberdeen game in 2 weeks time - I've watched Aberdeen twice recently via BT Sport. They are a very ordinary team who looks like they are going nowhere this season. I'll be staggered if the great unwashed don't take 3 off them tomorrow

RYAN STEVENSON IS NOT A STRIKER. RYAN STEVENSON SHOULD NOT BE PLAYED AS A LONE STRIKER. AT WHAT FUNKING POINT IS OUR DIPSHOITE MANAGER GONNA REALISE THIS. There genuinely must be a moment sometime midweek where Archie turns to Paterson and says, Scott, think I'm gonna go wi Stevenson up front on his own this Saturday. Truly frightening.

So happy to get 3 points today in a game which was a real shocker for 45 minutes.

Today's Positives: Frans, Osman, Doolan, McDaid, Kello, pie.

Today's negatives: Fox distribution in 1st half, the entire first half, the St Midden fans constantly moaning about everything, the chap near me with rancid wind.

• Like 1

I didn't make the game today but I seen on the text commentary that he took a knock very early on and considering he must have been a doubt because he had an injury during the week, could it not have been down to another blow to an sensitive leg? The 2 week break will be just in time for him. I'd imagine we'll play a closed door game to get him Fraser and Higgy a bit f pitch time before the Aberdeen game.

You are right - he took a bad knock after about 5 mins, and seemed a bit nervous of getting more involved.

RYAN STEVENSON IS NOT A STRIKER. RYAN STEVENSON SHOULD NOT BE PLAYED AS A LONE STRIKER. AT WHAT FUNKING POINT IS OUR DIPSHOITE MANAGER GONNA REALISE THIS. There genuinely must be a moment sometime midweek where Archie turns to Paterson and says, Scott, think I'm gonna go wi Stevenson up front on his own this Saturday. Truly frightening.

And he should say right back - do you really think that is a good idea ?

So happy to get 3 points today in a game which was a real shocker for 45 minutes.

Today's Positives: Frans, Osman, Doolan, McDaid, Kello, pie.

Today's negatives: Fox distribution in 1st half, the entire first half, the St Midden fans constantly moaning about everything, the chap near me with rancid wind.

Agree with all of that. Particularly the chap with rancid wind! God knows what he had for breakfast!

• Like 1

Did Osman get booked at any stage of the game? Can't understand for the life of me why he wouldn't clatter the guy as he was moving goalward in the last seconds of the game. Even if he'd been booked he still should have sent him into next week to stop him getting a shot off.

This isn't to downplay his importance to the team or his general level of performance which seems pretty consistent but it's lapses in concentration like this that cost us points.

Well done by the way to the SPFPL team for getting nearly five minutes of footage to show, some of the 'highlights' shown stretch the term to put it mildly.