Accies Game 19/03/16

Lindau

Another unbelievable away win. We can all but seal our place with a win over Kilmarnock. The reason we wont finish in the top 6 is down to our inability to beat celtic aberdeen and hearts. Dont think the importance of todays result though can be underestimated at all.

Yes, it's so disappointing that other teams around us mange to get results against them. Taking nothing away from today's great fight back, however.

Just in. Terrible first half , defense was all over the place for the first twenty min, thought we were going to get well pumped at that point. Welsh was very poor at their goal but settled down as the game went on. Im assuming Archie didn't fancy risking Muzzy early on that pitch.

Pogs put himself about brilliantly but the in first half especially he was doing all his good work out wide. We need him in the box more and facing the goal. .

Early goal second half was vital, gave us a lot of belief. Great ball from Lawless and finish from Pogs. You wouldn't believe it's not Paul.

Thought Ryan Edwards really came onto a game as the match went on. Seemed to be the one midfeilder running late into the box. He could turn into a very good player for us. Brilliant from Dools for Ryans goal,what a ball in.

One gripe is that our first option is now becoming the punt to Pogs. We are a better football team than that as theway we scored goals show.

Good to see us grind out a win after such a poor first half.

That pitch is absolute shite. There is no argument for a plastic pitch in the top division. And Ref Willie is a Fud .

Maaaaassssive result............well done team

• Like 1

Just having a flick through the "in play" posts on here today, jeez a few people have a bit of humble pie to eat. Let's get things straight, Sean Welsh is not a right back and played poorly in the first half, but the whole team was poor, but yet again it's Sean that is targeted and I assume by people that are not even at the game!He played really well when shoved into midfield when Muzzy came on. The Pogba comments are OTT as well. He had a terrific game today and brings much needed power to our front line. Was over the moon when he scored today. Considering the players we had out today, that was a terrific result. Special word for Ryan Edwards, he certainly has an engine and he could yet be a suitable replacement for Banzo also a mention for Gary Miller who filled in very well in central defence. A win against Killie in a fortnight will really set us up for an attack on the Top 6

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 5

Didn't see that coming at half time. Well done to Archie and the players for turning it around.

Muzzy is back. He's a wee bit special.

Totally agree BB. Bringing Muzzy on and putting Sean back into midfield turned the game completely.

buzzing with the result today, I hate to admit it but I text my bro and Da' with all the usual Thistle-isms, we've not turned up today, Hamilton haven't won in 12 and will beat us, Pogba is shecht and Doolan can't get a game etc.... then we win and everything is rosie! absolutely chuffed, a massive result in terms of league place but also in terms of the spirit of the team, alot of injuries with Bannigan,Elliott,Lindsay, plus Frans out,and Muzzy not fir enough to start, 3 of which would probably have started.Really glad for The Pog and Edwards scoring which will do their confidence the world of good,Sounded on the commentary like the Pog,the Oz and the Seabo had a great game.Having a good swally of Skye Blonde tonight yeeha!

buzzing with the result today, I hate to admit it but I text my bro and Da' with all the usual Thistle-isms, we've not turned up today, Hamilton haven't won in 12 and will beat us, Pogba is shecht and Doolan can't get a game etc.... then we win and everything is rosie! absolutely chuffed, a massive result in terms of league place but also in terms of the spirit of the team, alot of injuries with Bannigan,Elliott,Lindsay, plus Frans out,and Muzzy not fir enough to start, 3 of which would probably have started.Really glad for The Pog and Edwards scoring which will do their confidence the world of good,Sounded on the commentary like the Pog,the Oz and the Seabo had a great game.Having a good swally of Skye Blonde tonight yeeha!

:fan:

All topped off with a chorus of 'We score when we want'. Magic.

Just having a flick through the "in play" posts on here today, jeez a few people have a bit of humble pie to eat. Let's get things straight, Sean Welsh is not a right back and played poorly in the first half, but the whole team was poor, but yet again it's Sean that is targeted and I assume by people that are not even at the game!He played really well when shoved into midfield when Muzzy came on. The Pogba comments are OTT as well. He had a terrific game today and brings much needed power to our front line. Was over the moon when he scored today. Considering the players we had out today, that was a terrific result. Special word for Ryan Edwards, he certainly has an engine and he could yet be a suitable replacement for Banzo also a mention for Gary Miller who filled in very well in central defence. A win against Killie in a fortnight will really set us up for an attack on the Top 6

I'll put my hand up. Been there so often with high hopes to have them dashed that I gave up at half time.

Never criticised a Thistle player though

• Like 2