Cove v Table Toppers

CrimeWriterJag

2 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Yep although league is back in Falkirk’s hands as if they win last 3 they are champs unless I am mistaken.  Massive game on Thu now.

That’s my worry too and they will have had a few days extra rest. The layout of the last 4 games seems to benefit the team that was second 

Gladly take a point before the game, even happier to take it being 2-1 down with 15 minutes to go. 

Very good finish by Tiffoney for the second goal. Daft penalty to concede and I think Sneddon will know he could have done a lot better with Cove's second. The back 4 will be frustrated at losing 2 goals as they really didn't put a foot wrong. Midfield is the area of concern and I hope Bannigan is fit for Thursday.

The pitch tonight was really poor and the any 50/50 decisions were going for the home team.

I think that pretty much takes Cove out of the title race as they now need to beat Montrose and Airdrie and hope we only get 1 point from our last 2.

All eye on Thursday and whilst a draw would probably be enough I think we can win that game and get ths done.

Before this game, I'd convinced myself a draw would just about do it.

Truth now is, we feel miles from there. Plenty still to do and Thursday is massive.

If all was normal, I'd be driving the 350 miles up the road tomorrow.

Never mind, will at least get to see the livestream. 

Tried the radio earlier but it gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Regards fitness Cardle, Murray, Penrice and to a lesser extent, Graham, should have the legs for Thursday night plus of course Williamson. If Bannigan is 100% that would be a real bonus.  Others I would worry about especially the left side of defence. Rudden & Tiffoney will also have done a lot of running tonight.

I might be wrong but I can't see Falkirk or Cove getting full points from their last remaining fixtures.

Aidrie are a decent team and have been a bogey side for Falkirk all season.

Montrose beat Cove a few weeks ago and Montrose need points on Thursday against Cove to have any chance of the playoffs.

That being said my nerves couldn't handle us losing to Falkirk. Picked a bad week to give up chain smoking.

5 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Regards fitness Cardle, Murray, Penrice and to a lesser extent, Graham, should have the legs for Thursday night plus of course Williamson. If Bannigan is 100% that would be a real bonus.  Others I would worry about especially the left side of defence. Rudden & Tiffoney will also have done a lot of running tonight.

I don’t really understand the fitness thing when you compare it to say tennis players that can be on court for two hours a day

11 minutes ago, laukat said:

I might be wrong but I can't see Falkirk or Cove getting full points from their last remaining fixtures.

Aidrie are a decent team and have been a bogey side for Falkirk all season.

Montrose beat Cove a few weeks ago and Montrose need points on Thursday against Cove to have any chance of the playoffs.

That being said my nerves couldn't handle us losing to Falkirk. Picked a bad week to give up chain smoking.

Airdrie will understandably rest players for the playoffs and Montrose might not be up for the games if they can’t make the playoffs 

I didn't pay/watch the stream but made a second go fund donation a few days ago which collectively more than covers any money I would have spent attending or streaming all away game. 

Therefore I feel I can ask a question, without guilt, of any fan who did watch tonight's stream. 

My question is - was fitness a problem tonight the way it appeared to be in the last 30 minutes v Airdrie?

6 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Airdrie will understandably rest players for the playoffs and Montrose might not be up for the games if they can’t make the playoffs 

Airdrie don't play on Thursday. The only way Airdrie can not still have a chance of winning the title before Saturday is if we beat Falkirk.

If the worst happens and we got beat by Falkirk then Aidrie would be back in with a slim chance of winning the title. Aidrie play Cove on Saturday so won't be mathematically out of the title race until after that game if either they lose to Cove or Falkirk beat Montrose.

Montrose play Cove on Thursday and Falkirk on Saturday. They need to get points from those games and for Montrose there is no point in resting players until its mathematically impossible to make top 4. Technically 6 points from the last 9 could be enough. So I think the earliest that Montrose might not be up for games is after they play Cove on Thursday and Falkirk on Saturday.

So either we win the league on Thursday or Cove and Falkirk still need to play full strength Montrose and Airdrie teams.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I didn't pay/watch the stream but made a second go fund donation a few days ago which collectively more than covers any money I would have spent attending or streaming all away game. 

Therefore I feel I can ask a question, without guilt, of any fan who did watch tonight's stream. 

My question is - was fitness a problem tonight the way it appeared to be in the last 30 minutes v Airdrie?

I watched the stream..I thought that we played rite to the end of the game .and in fact could have won it..