vs Killie

Jaggernaut

17 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

Hopefully Banzo is back in for Crawford tonight, keep the rest of the team the same. Big Holt and Rudden to hit the net in a 2-0 Jags win hopefully! Got to think Rudden will be dying to hit the net if he has 8 or 9 scouts watching him tonight, cmon Jags.

Bit of psychological mind-games from McColl?

Some perspective here.

1) We haven't scored v the Tractor Drivers in our last five attempts at Firhill (only a single 0-0 on 31/12/16);

2) We haven't beaten them at Firhill in the last 12 attempts (last victory 3-0 (Alex Burns x 3) on 30/11/02;

3) It's on telly where our record has been generally poor, apart from our last televised game v Hamilton.

4) They have a new manager, so continued bounce in their performance after last week would not be a surprise.

Chuck all of that into the blender and it isn't encouraging.

The blender says 3-1 Jags tonight though.

Edited by Barney Rubble
Too many Burns in January!!

3 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Some perspective here.

1) We haven't scored v the Tractor Drivers in our last five attempts at Firhill (only a single 0-0 on 31/12/16);

2) We haven't beaten them at Firhill in the last 12 attempts (last victory 3-0 (Hugh Burns x 3) on 30/11/02;

3) It's on telly where our record has been generally poor, apart from our last televised game v Hamilton.

4) They have a new manager, so continued bounce in their performance after last week would not be a surprise.

Don't you mean Alex Burns?

1 hour ago, jags on tour said:

Hopefully Banzo is back in for Crawford tonight, keep the rest of the team the same. Big Holt and Rudden to hit the net in a 2-0 Jags win hopefully! Got to think Rudden will be dying to hit the net if he has 8 or 9 scouts watching him tonight, cmon Jags.

Why not keep Crawford in the team and put Bannigan on the bench? By all accounts he impressed on his debut!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Some perspective here.

2) We haven't beaten them at Firhill in the last 12 attempts (last victory 3-0 (Alex Burns x 3) on 30/11/02;

For the first time ever I wore a Jags shirt to watch  a televised game and we won 6-1 v Hamilton. So I have a 100% record. I will wear a Jags shirt again tonight so I think that will outweigh all the points you list and be a good enough omen to secure a Jags win,.

A further thought if we win tonight we are bang in contention to win the Championship if we lose we are still in contention for a play-off spot.

• Like 1

Hope every Thistle fan lucky enough to be at Firhill tonight enjoys the game and sees a home victory. My wife who is not a football fan or a fan of any sport can't understand why i would rather be at Firhill tonight than watching it in the 'warmth of the house', to use her words. Cmon Thistle. :fan:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Hope every Thistle fan lucky enough to be at Firhill tonight enjoys the game and sees a home victory. My wife who is not a football fan or a fan of any sport can't understand why i would rather be at Firhill tonight than watching it in the 'warmth of the house', to use her words. Cmon Thistle. :fan:

The excited chatter and a beer with friends, the cold air, the red and yellow scarfs, the darkness and then the floodlights, the pie and bovril, the buzz of expectation in the air, the crackle of the tannoy system, the real life noise from the pitch and the dugout and the chance to witness your favourite team pump the tractor boys.

Who'd be in the house and miss all that?

Mon The Jags.

3 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

The excited chatter and a beer with friends, the cold air, the red and yellow scarfs, the darkness and then the floodlights, the pie and bovril, the buzz of expectation in the air, the crackle of the tannoy system, the real life noise from the pitch and the dugout and the chance to witness your favourite team pump the tractor boys.

Who'd be in the house and miss all that?

Mon The Jags.

You forgot the :ph34r::D

• Haha 2