The Jags Foundation

Norgethistle

13 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Our board will (as always) be in the ground as fans, happy to chat to anyone. We’re not allowed though to set up a table banners or have an official presence on club property 

Appreciate what your saying but my comment was more about Britton having the decency to issue an explanation on why consent is withdrawn and to what end. Withdrawing consent for TJF putting on an official presence could well be the start of trying to finish off TJF so I think he should explain what TJF members are and aren't allowed to do.

11 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

The more I think about this from Gerry B the more it makes my blood boil.  We are a small fanbase in the great scheme of things.  A group with almost 800 paying members (in short space of time) is a decent proportion of core support and to threaten them with security and removals is quite frankly the behaviour of someone in a corner and worried.

70-100k potentially per annum just dismissed with threats.  Any CEO worth their salary would be using language that does not exclude such a group and instead be looking for compromises and a middle ground.  The books must be very healthy not only to threaten TJF in such a manner but to piss off normal fans like myself who will now withdraw attending games, centenary fund, merchandise, hospitality, lounge pre game, pie stalls, 50-50 tickets, jagzone and money into players fund.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, elevenone said:

"But I certainly worked really hard over the last two or three years to try and bring a fractured club back together.....I thought we had got there and now this is happening"

Would normally be uncomfortable reading for any chairman of any club, but like everything else with Teflon Jacqui it's all about her self interest. What's best for the club will always be sacrificed for what's best for JL. 

I think the release actually makes the club look worse. “We had no self awareness of how inappropriately we had acted until some others fans sat us down and pointed it out to us”.

It is one thing to be empowered as a decision maker but it’s another thing entirely to have no awareness of the reaction to those decisions unless someone else points it out to you.

• Like 1

PR spin.  Making the trust look like good guys instead of acknowledging what a mess they made of banning them in first place.  Plus only mentions tonights game as being allowed back.

On plus side a good chance for TJF to engage more fans and hopefully move  towards the 1000 barrier.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, elevenone said:

PR spin.  Making the trust look like good guys instead of acknowledging what a mess they made of banning them in first place.  Plus only mentions tonights game as being allowed back.

On plus side a good chance for TJF to engage more fans and hopefully move  towards the 1000 barrier.

Agree with all that. Plus there's a blatant lie in the statement. I'm close to 100% certain that the Club are not at all "happy for TJF to enjoy a presence within the stadium". 

edited to add........ "enjoy a presence" Maybe the Club think TJF are going to hold a séance???

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, elevenone said:

I think McCall says about as much as he can say, realistically.

It's a shame that one of the sponsors has received a nasty letter. Don't think that's productive. But McCall mentioning it in the times a) keeps fan discontent in the public eye b) thereby puts public pressure on the board and c) publicises the fact that sponsors are uneasy about the ramifications of the situation. I don't think McCall is daft and would know these are the effects of him mentioning it in the press.

1 hour ago, elevenone said:

I’m still done for the season. Not a penny more after the utter fiasco this week (and leading up to it). Our Club is a laughing stock. 

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Agree with all that. Plus there's a blatant lie in the statement. I'm close to 100% certain that the Club are not at all "happy for TJF to enjoy a presence within the stadium". 

edited to add........ "enjoy a presence" Maybe the Club think TJF are going to hold a séance???

We might need to raise the Club from the dead if this mob carry on making decisions like they have been doing (disconnected from the fans).

Edited by sandy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Good news but can't help feeling that there's still some spin from the club.  i.e. their 'reconsideration' came after the approach from PTFC Trust

It basically means they’ll listen to the Famous Five but not TJF. This is really pretty poor, what has the Club become? 

The part that really pisses me off in the club statement is that they wished ' Our intention had been to afford the Trust the same opportunities as TJF had previously enjoyed'

All I can say on that one is I wished TJF had been offered the same opportunities in the last 2 years regarding negotiating fan ownership as clearly PTFC Trust have been given. 

Edited by Jaggy1967
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dpj said:

Interesting development:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/club-update/

I'm hoping this means the PTFC Trust are acknowledging TJF have a right to exist and would then at least be prepared to engage with them but we will need to wait and see what happens over next days and weeks.

I’m so cynical at this point I think this was all a set up to give the trust credibility ……

As someone who claims to be a communications professional, Jacqui Low ([email protected]) has failed to master it for all the time she has been associated with our club. From the disgraceful way she released the news of Kris Doolan's departure before he even knew himself to this pathetic backtracking over TJF's presence at Firhill, her incompetence knows no bounds. Right now, the future of OUR club is in her hands. Scary, eh?

• Like 1