Thistle v Cove Rangers

Albert's Ghost

Cove have been struggling in the championship and had a real confidence draining hammering at home from Ayr. 

I think Cove, given their record against us, will fancy their chances and  expect  'to take something from the game'!

For us it's one game at a time as I don't think we can afford the luxury of looking too far ahead.

1 hour ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Is Megginson suspended? We really want to be winning this by a few goals. Much more dirge & crowds will dwindle again.

Muggins starts foe Cove this afternoon.  His 2nd yellow against Ayr was for dissent. A violent conduct red would have seen him miss this match, but he will be suspended in their next Scottish Cup outing.

Screenshot_20230204-142825_Twitter.jpg

I think the team selection tells us that Tiffoney, Graham and McKinnon are borderline in terms of fitness. Assuming the loan signing from Fulham is as good as we are led to believe I would say I am happy with the defence.

However the midfield looks very lightweight and there is little goal threat. I think its asking a lot of Mullin to play up front on his own. Oh if only we could keep our players fit we would be upbthere challenging for the title.

Here's hoping.

Two terrible teams and terrible officials. 

Cove have shipped 19 goals in four games and we haven’t even threatened outwith a couple of decent efforts from Turner. 

Why are we persisting with Hodson in midfield? He offers nothing offensively and his role should be to drop in when the two full backs go high, yet he just stopped at the goal, in absolute no man’s land. 

Mullen is a waste of space - given the ball at his feet, he can't/won't shoot or square it. When the ball is sent into the box, he's posted missing. It's so bad that Fitzpatrick drives into the box and Turner feel obliged to try to score from distance. Sneddon won't be here long if his amazing performances are spotted. Without him, we'd be 2 or 3 down instead of 1.

It shows how utterly pish this league is that we are 4th ( not that we will be for much longer). It’s got to the point I want the defeats to keep coming so we can get these clowns out of the dugout and try something different. Cause we are going nowhere. Tremendous respect to those who can turn up to this every week

On the basis of this and the other games I've watched live, this is one of the poorest Thistle teams I think I've ever seen.

At least two thirds are below-average even at this shite level of football. Complete non-entities, who think that walking with the ball and then cutting back and passing sideways or backwards means having a good game.

I'll name those who should be released without doubt: Milne, McMillan. Hodson. Mullen, Turner (I really don't understand the adulation he gets).

Thank you, but your now well past making a difference at this level: Bannigan, Graham.

Clear this, and start again.

• Downvote 1

Ian McCall is is a 6th place consolidation manager at best. Completely lacks the where-with-all to achieve anything higher than that. 

Archie and Scally are ridiculous. Three managers for a team of our size! The fact Archibald came crawling back after he'd been given the sack tells me absolutely everything about his character. I don't know how a player could possibly respect him. 

I honestly regret buying tickets for the Rangers game now. An absolute hiding incoming! 

8 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

On the basis of this and the other games I've watched live, this is one of the poorest Thistle teams I think I've ever seen.

At least two thirds are below-average even at this shite level of football. Complete non-entities, who think that walking with the ball and then cutting back and passing sideways or backwards means having a good game.

I'll name those who should be released without doubt: Milne, McMillan. Hodson. Mullen, Turner (I really don't understand the adulation he gets).

Thank you, but your now well past making a difference at this level: Bannigan, Graham.

Clear this, and start again.

Would keep Milne and Sneddon.  Rest can get to especially Tiffoney and Graham.  One half a dozen good games and other a liability.  Tiffs not a patch on Amoo from years gone by.  Poor team with dreadful coaching.  Next week could be double figures.  Would snap your hand off for 8th.