Silencing the Hampden Roar

partickthedog

We have been careless in possession, slow in midfield and lacking a clear plan.

Queens have a lot more pace in their team. Is this a function of our high average age?

Fortunate to be level at half time. Hopefully we can find some improvement in the second half.

Collum is a dreadful referee, but we cannot blame him for our poor performance.

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

We have been careless in possession, slow in midfield and lacking a clear plan.

Queens have a lot more pace in their team. Is this a function of our high average age?

Fortunate to be level at half time. Hopefully we can find some improvement in the second half.

Collum is a dreadful referee, but we cannot blame him for our poor performance.

Do not normally reply to my own posts but that was NIGHT and DAY

Brilliant move by Dools to allow in Big Wull to do the half time team talk. Totally different team appeared in the second half. Pacy, incisive, clinical and inspiring.

Plaudits will go to the attacking players but my MotM was Aaron Muirhead. Won every header and tackle even when limping badly after taking a heavy knock. Spirit and determination in abundance.

Brilliant second half. The first two goals were excellent, the third a brilliant finish and the fourth was sheer determination.

We totally dominated the second half and demolished a good team. That's two bogy teams hammered in successive weeks.

Great to be a Jag tonight. .a big well done to the fans at the game, all the players, kris Doolsn and his coaching team and everybody at Partick Thistle FC.

Phew  I must make myself a cup of tea to calm down.

Lot's of games to be played between now and when we next take the pitch, however, our recent form idicates we are to be reckoned with.

Dundee look in prime position but Arbroath could take points from them tomorrow.  Three weeks ago it looked Queen's to lose, but they are off the rails (could still recover).  Anyway today it certainly is Good Friday!

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

Didn’t see it that way, it was fairly even without a lot happening but the best chance falling for us.
Having Holt push forward early in the second half clearly unsettled them and there was only one team going to win after the first goal. A great team performance in the second half with a couple of well worked goals too. 
It’s for Dundee to throw it away now but maybe the Bunnet can do us a favour tomorrow.  As for QP they look to be in free fall. Maybe the pressure of being on top for most of the season has proved too much. 
We’ve now conceded just 2 goals in Doolans 9 games and averaging 2 points per game. Once again they put in a great , disciplined shift to complement their attacking flair. 

• Thanks 1

Looking at the defensive record since Dools took over, I think him being a striker of immense quality, he knows how to stop a team scoring. The defense has had to chop and change due to injuries but still deliver. I think this gives midfield and forwards freedom to do what happened in the second half tonight. 

50 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Brilliant move by Dools to allow in Big Wull to do the half time team talk. Totally different team appeared in the second half. Pacy, incisive, clinical and inspiring.

Plaudits will go to the attacking players but my MotM was Aaron Muirhead. Won every header and tackle even when limping badly after taking a heavy knock. Spirit and determination in abundance.

Got to be Holt for M of M but loads of good performances in 2nd half .

Even Fitzy looked interested . 

Tactically we were very good tonight even in the first half.

We denied Queens Park the ability to build possession through Boateng by getting the front 3 to press the Queens back 4. Boatend is a very good player but he was taken so far out the game that he ended up being subbed after an hour.

Doolan turned up the heat at halftime by getting Holt to push on a bit an overload their rightback and it worked a treat.

I thought Lawless was really good tonight. Always able to hold possession in tight spots, picked some nice passes and bullied the Queens leftback.

Queens were really poor. They had no attacking threat at all. I don't see them getting a lot more points this season. I think it would too much to catch Dundee but I can see us catching Queens and perhaps getting to 2nd.

If we get to the playoffs we will be a hard team to knock out. Just need to keep everyone fit

• Like 1

Wow

That was fabulous. Docherty and Banzo completely dominated their vaunted midfield. Doc has been playing brilliantly for 4/5 weeks. Commanding!

Great to see Stevie back to form, giving Robson a roasting. And Holt M o M for me.

Perhaps our runs is too late but several players are in great form atm. 

I wasn't too despondent at half time. Maybe because as the half went on we were easily matching QP unlike during the first 15 minutes. Thought Wee Stevie was playing very well but he was even better in the 2nd half. He'd have been my MotM but Holt and Turner were also tremendous. Our second goal was an absolute cracker.

• Thanks 1

I wasn't quite sure what to make of the first half...Queens were quite slick and as with their previous visit looked the only decent team I have seen at Firhill this season...but we matched them although neither side threatened to score. Second half was an unexpected treat...we stepped up the pace, put their defence under pressure and they couldn't deal with it...the ball seemed to fall kindly for us in the box but we picked out some good passes and finished well.

Lawless was outstanding, Banzo is an under-rated player and Turner and Holt came on to very strong games. In the end we won easily and Queens were a burst balloon. I have always been confident that we would at least make the playoffs and second top is now very achievable...just makes it all the more frustrating that Dundee who we have beaten twice at Dens and were very poor both times they came to Firhill will probably finish top.