Summer comings and goings

Jaggernaut

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Could be a few reasons. My guess would be it's not a commercial decision. This will be Williamson's fifth loan club and he's 22 next month. So Rangers may want to review his status early. I think his contract is up at Ibrox next summer. 

Presumably it gives flexibility all round. If player and both clubs are happy, it can be extended for the full season. If it is not working out for whatever reason, none of the parties is tied into something that does not suit. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Presumably it gives flexibility all round. If player and both clubs are happy, it can be extended for the full season. If it is not working out for whatever reason, none of the parties is tied into something that does not suit. 

My granda whinged about another rangers player coming on loan earlier when I told him about the signing. I already think he could become someone we would like to keep here, attitude wise anyway.

14 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Good to see Gerry B going. Good servant to the club, but has been the one constant throughout all the S*!t

Much as I see things. Guilty be association. But perhaps being that "one constant" wasn't all bad. At least in terms of dealing with various administrative minutiae during all the upheaval. 

Gerry Britton will always be regarded as great player for the club. As a chief exec he has been pretty poor and I can't say I'm sorry to say him leave.

I would hope that Gerry going was in part initiated by our board realising a reduced budget means we also need to rationalise the pay of the chief exec and anyone else either under performing or earning a big wage from the club.

2 minutes ago, laukat said:

Gerry Britton will always be regarded as great player for the club. As a chief exec he has been pretty poor and I can't say I'm sorry to say him leave.

I would hope that Gerry going was in part initiated by our board realising a reduced budget means we also need to rationalise the pay of the chief exec and anyone else either under performing or earning a big wage from the club.

Yes! Now begs the question. Are we looking for a new CEO or will one of the board members take it on?

2 hours ago, ChiThistle said:

Personally I think Kris Doolan will make a fantastic CEO when he is announced on Friday.

Hopefully it won’t interfere with his other responsibilities like running the team and working the pie stall at halftime.

Exactly.

You can't act like you mean business, unless you act like a Business.

Some would strip the club bare given the chance.

Gerry Britton has done a lot for the club and brought in much needed new sponsorship. I attended a night at the club and his customer service team, who were fantastic on the night, seemed to hold him in high regard. No-one spoke about him but he was referred to in a good light, when a question was asked. 

A sincere thanks for all you've done Gerry. 

• Like 2