Summer comings and goings

Jaggernaut

16 hours ago, The Legend Blows said:

Time will tell. I know Doolan needs ST money to get players in. The fact that people like me are holding off and complaining hasn't escaped me either. Still, I'll hold off and see what kind of squad he's rustled together a couple of days before RR at Firhill and decide then.

Without money in how can the club give Doolan cash to assemble a squad.

The club needs to live within its means so it can’t spend what it doesn’t have

• Like 4

I heard Doolan say something about not using up the player budget earlier in window, because that'd mean we wouldn't be able to make signings if/when players become available later on.

I guess there's some sort of ripple effect as clubs above us make signings. Also it might become more of a buyer's market later on.

Higher risk strategy - we'll only be able to judge if has worked towards the end of the window.

9 minutes ago, fenski said:

I heard Doolan say something about not using up the player budget earlier in window, because that'd mean we wouldn't be able to make signings if/when players become available later on.

I guess there's some sort of ripple effect as clubs above us make signings. Also it might become more of a buyer's market later on.

Higher risk strategy - we'll only be able to judge if has worked towards the end of the window.

A win on Saturday & I think we're guaranteed around £80k even if we lose in round 2. On that basis Doolan's strategy may be risky,  but it should allow us to target a higher standard of player.

35 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

A win on Saturday & I think we're guaranteed around £80k even if we lose in round 2. On that basis Doolan's strategy may be risky,  but it should allow us to target a higher standard of player.

May have got carried away. Make that £55k.

9 hours ago, CotterJag said:

Still a good amount.

I guess there's half of any gate fee to add to this?

We also might be due something if Jack Hendry moves to Saudi for a reported £6.5m. Would that be a record for a former Thistle player?

By my maths, we would be due 43.33k as a Solidarity payment.

Edited by Dick Dastardly

13 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

We also might be due something if Jack Hendry moves to Saudi for a reported £6.5m. Would that be a record for a former Thistle player?

By my maths, we would be due 43.33k as a Solidarity payment.

I think it was mentioned as £32.5k but as you say still a decent amount 

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I don’t know mate for sure but I would have thought if at looked to be that we were entitled to it then we would have received it

Even if entitled to it we may not have received it yet. My understanding of transfer monies etc is they tend to be drip fed. On a similar note we most likely haven't yet received TV money and gate share from Tannadice. I'll guess further and say that tho' things are looking rosier than they were at the beginning of last month we'll be monitoring cash flow very closely. Perhaps another reason why signing new players is a tad slower this season? 

17 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

How is it that every time I look at the O.S. Brian Graham has signed up another player... just asking...

I was just going to mention the signing activity for the ladies team. Looks good in terms of the balance between experience and potential!

Now for the men ................!!

Regarding the ladies team, I can’t find anything about the management team on the official website, but the latest signing said:

“Speaking to Brian and Ross about the type of football they want to play here, I think it suits me perfectly and hopefully it’ll will give me the chance to push on and improve different aspects of my game.

is ‘Ross’ Ross Docherty? I know he was involved but surely not now that he’s left to go to another club?

Partick Thistle are looking to fight off interest from north and south of the border to sign Tomi Adeloye on-loan.

Jags boss Kris Doolan is pushing for a deal to take the experienced up from Swindon Town.

Adeloye already has a proven goalscoring record in the Championship via his previous spell at Ayr United.

Thistle now believe the 27-year-old could give them the firepower to enhance their own push towards the Premiership.

Adeloye has interest from England and other Scottish clubs but the Firhill side are looking to beat them to the punch.

He moved to Swindon last year but there has been a lot of upheaval at the English League Two side and a number of managerial changes.

Current Swindon boss Michael Flynn is prepared to let him head back to Scotland to get game time and to free up wages.

(from the daily ranger)

1 hour ago, JAG1970 said:

Partick Thistle are looking to fight off interest from north and south of the border to sign Tomi Adeloye on-loan.

Jags boss Kris Doolan is pushing for a deal to take the experienced up from Swindon Town.

Adeloye already has a proven goalscoring record in the Championship via his previous spell at Ayr United.

Thistle now believe the 27-year-old could give them the firepower to enhance their own push towards the Premiership.

Adeloye has interest from England and other Scottish clubs but the Firhill side are looking to beat them to the punch.

He moved to Swindon last year but there has been a lot of upheaval at the English League Two side and a number of managerial changes.

Current Swindon boss Michael Flynn is prepared to let him head back to Scotland to get game time and to free up wages.

(from the daily ranger)

Interesting. Certainly scored a few for Ayreven if he has not been so prolific elsewhere. Certainly fast and a different option up front to Graham or Dowds

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Interesting. Certainly scored a few for Ayreven if he has not been so prolific elsewhere. Certainly fast and a different option up front to Graham or Dowds

Adeloye could make a very good addition to the squad. Said before but ideally I'd like to see Dowds go out on loan. Replace him with a "Tony Weston" type of player. Albeit an upgrade on TW.

17 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

(from the daily ranger)

Seems Adeloye has had attitude and application issues in the second half of last season. Hope Doolan has done his homework if he's a legitimate target.

Saying that I'd take a couple of nomarks from the juniors right now if it meant we didn't have 2 goalkeepers on the bench each week. 

Erskine & Doolan 2023 versions will do.