SPFL Trust trophy

jaggy

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

Going to have a guess at the starting team in 4-2-3-1 formation. Totally random and probably nothing like the reality. Plenty of options to call from the bench.

Sneddon

McMillan

Muirhead

Williams

Milne

Stanway

McInroy

Lawless

Robinson

McDonald

Adeloye

Almost correct!

Was watching on the stream so sometimes gives a different impression to being at the game but I don't think we played badly. Plenty of chances, hit the woodwork twice and one off the line. Slack at the back though but strangely it seemed to be more at set pieces rather than open play.

Stanway was excellent again - justifying my decision to sponsor one of his tops at the start of the season.

6 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Garbage. Utter garbage. Losing to lower division is never acceptable.

It’s hardly the end of the world when it’s the Challenge cup. I don’t look back to 2013 and think it so unacceptable to have lost to the same team in the final. What we do in the league is all that matters really

Edited by Duke Gekantawa

2 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

It’s hardly the end of the world when it’s the Challenge cup. I don’t look back to 2013 and think it so unacceptable to have lost to the same team in the final. What we do in the league is all that matters really

It's all about continuity. The back up players may be lacking what we need.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 6:36 AM, Lenziejag said:

Is it really one that can be discounted ? I think last year’s defeat at Falkirk was the beginning of the end for McCall as it showed that what we thought was a good squad wasn’t as good as we thought. 

Is today's  result the beginning of the end for Doolan?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Was watching on the stream so sometimes gives a different impression to being at the game but I don't think we played badly. Plenty of chances, hit the woodwork twice and one off the line. Slack at the back though but strangely it seemed to be more at set pieces rather than open play.

Stanway was excellent again - justifying my decision to sponsor one of his tops at the start of the season.

I’m not sure if he is out of contract at the end of the season-I’m hoping we would be looking at extending his contract 

Not overly concerned about today's performance but FWIW I found the timing of Doolan's first substitutions odd. We had real momentum at 2-2 & I felt there was no need to change anything at that time. Robinson particularly unfortunate to be hooked. He's an intelligent footballer & we missed his guile

Not really fussed about losing the game today.

However we still look very weak in midfield. Stanway was decent if a bit rash at times but neither he or Bannigan really look capable of protecting the centre of defence. Our attacking threat should mean we are not involved in the relegation picture but our inability to replace Docherty looks like it will cost us any serious chance of promotion. 

Like the look of Robinson and I think he will be  real player. I'm hoping that if he is fit it allows us to play McInroy slightly deeper. Thought Adeloye didn't work hard enough but could have had  hat-trick. McDonald was poor first half but had a decent spell just after halftime, he will need to up his game if he is going to challenge Fitzpatrick.

Diack looks a real unit and I think he has some real potential. Surely Dowds must be on his way if he can't even get a sub appearance in the diddy cup?