Jags vs Pars

Jaggernaut

17 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Jesus it wasn’t our luck but theirs …. They missed a sitter to go one up , our second was a howler from their keeper and just before our third Graham cleared the ball off our line.

We were by far the better team, created way more chances, defended better and bossed midfield. 3-0 isn’t luck, 3-0 is winning well and we could have scored more with both Lawless and Fitzy missing and defending stopping Brian Graham getting on a great cross. 

13 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

We were by far the better team, created way more chances, defended better and bossed midfield. 3-0 isn’t luck, 3-0 is winning well and we could have scored more with both Lawless and Fitzy missing and defending stopping Brian Graham getting on a great cross. 

We won’t win the league unless our defending improves .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

We kept a clean sheet, we have 2nd best goals difference in the league.

Clean sheets don’t win leagues, as Sneddons 17 in the league campaign 21/22 showed, scoring more goals than the opposition does.

Can you just enjoy the victory, the 3 goals, 3 points moving up to 3rd and not conceding 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Our defending was decent today. We didn't concede and I thought Muirhead and neilson looked solid. Not quite sure what you are expecting but in most games the opposition will have a few chances. 

• Like 1

Very pleased with that performance. Kept the lead until half-time, should probably have extended it.

Played really well second half. Didn't go gung-ho but kept on the front foot where we could and reaped the rewards.

We did to the Pars what Arbroath did to us last week. Made the opposition look bad through a mix of good play and endeavour and got the result.

Dunfermline probably won't play that badly again for a while but they got schooled today.

Credit to Dools for taking the young lads out of the firing line and Robbo and Ngwenya showed up pretty well.

We can take confidence into the Inverness game but we need to be up to the task for 90 minutes again.

Decent crowd overall and a good turnout from the visitors.

It isn't half an up and down experience following Thistle.

I missed today's game as I did not want to miss anything at the Ryder Cup so am open to offers to stay at home for the next home game - cash in a brown envelope, non sequential notes please!

From the BBC stats it sounded an open game - 42 shots (23 for us) with 16 on target (12 for us). Good to get the clean sheet as well.

What a difference a week makes. We did more in the first 10 minutes today than we did for the whole game last week. We started really well and scored a good goal after that dunfermline came more into the game and pressurised us. They had 2 penalty shouts and a few missed chances, but near the end of the first half Lawless tried to lob their keeper that didn't come of then McInroy had one that just went by the post. We started the second half well and scored just a few minutes into it and a third with about half an hour to go.

No failures this week which is the complete opposite from last week.

A good 3 points and a clean sheet.

Much improved today. A goal ahead and Graham & Lawless missed sitters in the first half but Dunfermline has two close things and a massive penalty shout...fortunately they were poor in the second half with a catastrophic goalkeeping blunder...it ended up a comfortable win which could have been even more emphatic.

My first look at Robinson - he has a bit of grit & guile. Lawless is playing the best football of his career and Muirhead is doing well with Neilson looking a decent prospect.

This is a strange League but it's looking much more positive than last week.

Great performance - everyone played well. Fitz probably deserved motm, but I thought Mcinroy was superb throughout. Might not be that defensive mid we go on about, but he read and broke up play really well.

Ngwenya covered the ground really well - could turn out to be a really useful squad player. McDonald looked good when he came on too

Unlike another poster I thought we defended very well. A view shared with a good few others. Thought McInroy was a stand out. Playing in a position I doubt he's that used to. Fair got around the park and freed Bannigan up as well. Feel we'll be a stronger team playing both Robinson and McInroy, Bit early to know whether Kerr turns out to be the ball winning midfielder we need but he won the ball a lot today. Second balls as well.

Ngwenya done alright on his poorer side. I knew he was nippy but didn't realise just how nippy.

Yes they could have scored but we could have scored more than 3. Thought the defence looked better today with Neilson and Muirhead perhaps starting to settle as a partnership. 
 McInroy was my MotM, box to box outstanding. Robinson, Fitzy and the ever superb Lawless all contributing well. I liked Graham, when coming back to defend a corner in the first half, give a few players a real earful. 
Still things to improve on / be addressed but much better.

Is Ngwenya the fastest ever player to play for us?!

Edited by JAG1970

Much better today! Came out the traps with intent. Unlike another poster I thought Dunfermline were decent until the 3rd goal and it was a good open game for an hour. Could easily have been 4-3 at half time. 

I was impressed by McEnroy & Robinson today, Lawless & Fitzy were always a threat and overall the defence played well. 

Great result, very good performance, but I'm going to be a really grumpy old man here.

I mean you really can't begrudge little kids enjoying a Thistle game, so disliking myself for saying this but.....

That constant banging on the gates down the front of the JHS was REALLY annoying. 

Apologies.

• Haha 1