Motherwell Game.

Auld Jag

Great result - was waiting for the sucker punch but fortunately it was in our favour for a change!!

Thought we were poor first half - they closed us down and didn't give us much space. Last 20 minutes we we're better, probably a combination of Pogba coming on an Motherwell tiring.

Was there with my son and who brought his friend who was keen to come back (surprisingly after also being at the Dundee game). Junior can't wait to get back to school (in Motherwell) tomorrow to rub in the result. Some of his Well mates are having to wear Jags strips to PE this week!

• Like 2

Happy with that. I don't get down to many mid week games. It wasn't the best but that was a great win.

Back 4 were pretty good and Big Tam didn't have much to do in goal.

Pogba looked decent when he came on.

Safe to say I'm fairly fond of Wee Stevie these days...hope he signsup for next season.

Finally.....the Strathmore is looking lovely post match these days eh? Changed days!

That's 180 minutes of dire football if you pair tonight's game with Inverness. Tonight was actually a better football match but still dreadful. If any team deserved to win that spectacle then it's the team that looked like they'd be less pleased to walk away with a point. To that extent and coupled with positive substitutions we shouldn't feel too guilty. Put another way Motherwell deserved **** all out of that game.

Clearly we got a bit of momentum going when Pogba came on for Welsh. Brave decision as Sean was the one midfielder who had not been cautioned. Btw I thought Welsh had a good enough game re breaking up play and was constantly involved. Once again tho' his distribution was too often poor.

• Like 1

Well done to the groundstaff to ensure this game was played.Poor game looked like 0 0 all night until our fantastic late winner.Remember Stevie Dundee is a shithole and you will want to come home, just ask Erskine.Special mention for Fraser who cleared of the line with seconds to go .As good as one of his long range goals.

Huge result last night and I for one don't think Motherwell deserved anything, they came for a point and nearly got it. That game showed how important that defensively being strong can win games.

The back 5 worked hard ably assisted by Abdul in front of them and prevented Well getting any clear cut chances. For me big Dan got my MoM, I know his distribution leaves a lot to be desired but his defending is superb. The defence also look like they are a real unit, I don't know if anyone else noticed at the final whistle the back 5 all in a group hug in front of the Northy.

Archie has now got a good squad at his disposal and another 3 wins IMO, will see us safe from play off spot.

Final comment, what a professional Gary Miller is, comes in gets left out, comes back in and does an absolutely outstanding job.

• Like 3

Well done to the groundstaff to ensure this game was played.Poor game looked like 0 0 all night until our fantastic late winner.Remember Stevie Dundee is a shithole and you will want to come home, just ask Erskine.Special mention for Fraser who cleared of the line with seconds to go .As good as one of his long range goals.

other than mucus (that's spellcheck for you)poor antics before last Saturday's game against united in offering him a contract there's nothing to say lawless had signed it.

Though Lawless was outstanding tonight and man of the match

The defence also look like they are a real unit, I don't know if anyone else noticed at the final whistle the back 5 all in a group hug in front of the Northy.

You mean this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35477160

Be interesting to see what Archie does regards Liam Lindsay now. Didn't think big Fred was great last night but in his two games back,we ain't lost a goal, so one would imagine he would be gutted if he dropped out. Nice problem to have. As others have said I thought big Dan was again immense last night. Would deffo be in the running for POTY if he could just tidy up his distribution

You mean this

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/35477160

Be interesting to see what Archie does regards Liam Lindsay now. Didn't think big Fred was great last night but in his two games back,we ain't lost a goal, so one would imagine he would be gutted if he dropped out. Nice problem to have. As others have said I thought big Dan was again immense last night. Would deffo be in the running for POTY if he could just tidy up his distribution

Frans had to wait his turn to get back into the team. With the defence not conceding at all in the past two games, Lindsay now has to wait his turn.

Seaborne came in for a fair bit of criticism last season and earlier this season. Is he this season's most-improved player (like Elliott last season)?

Miller: seems like a more than adequate squad member; it'll be a shame if he goes at the end of the season.

I seem to be alone in thinking that was an enjoyable game of football! It was never going to be a night for silky skills and it played out more like a cup tie than a league game, but there were a few flashes of skilful play from both teams. It was all about effort, though, and the Thistle players put in a real shift. The problems that have been identified previously are still there - a lack of attacking edge from midfield and insufficient goal threat from the attackers - but given the two guys signed to do something about that were sitting in the stand, we shouldn't be too concerned. What a result. Could be the turning point for the whole season.

• Like 1

Frans had to wait his turn to get back into the team. With the defence not conceding at all in the past two games, Lindsay now has to wait his turn.

Seaborne came in for a fair bit of criticism last season and earlier this season. Is he this season's most-improved player (like Elliott last season)?

Miller: seems like a more than adequate squad member; it'll be a shame if he goes at the end of the season.

Dan is deffo the teams most improved player and another one that we need to get tied up. Every team needs players like Gary Miller. Hasn't went moaning to the press about not getting a regular game and has always done a great job when called on. He ain't getting any younger and may have to weigh up being a squad player at Firhill or getting a regular game, but maybe in a lower division.

I seem to be alone in thinking that was an enjoyable game of football! It was never going to be a night for silky skills and it played out more like a cup tie than a league game, but there were a few flashes of skilful play from both teams. It was all about effort, though, and the Thistle players put in a real shift. The problems that have been identified previously are still there - a lack of attacking edge from midfield and insufficient goal threat from the attackers - but given the two guys signed to do something about that were sitting in the stand, we shouldn't be too concerned. What a result. Could be the turning point for the whole season.

nope, you're not alone. Have seen a lot worse games! not a lot worse refs though!- he was abysmal- let the 'Well players away with everything.

They didn't deserve anything from the game. If they had played like they did in last ten mins it would have been different,but the way they continually mouthed off to ref was sickening.

Rant over, onwards and upwards!!

I think we would clash with either Motherwell strip. When you have stripes I suppose you just have to deal with that.

Motherwell's away strip shouldn't be allowed to clash. Isn't that the point of away strips? You look at the teams that your home kit clashes with and use something that doesn't. SPFL are supposed to approve.

Was not at the game due to working but that is a massive result for us. Caught the last 20 mins on live commentary and thought that was of a high standard. They all went mental when the goal went in!

Good to hear Pogba did well when coming on. I have been disappointed in him as I thought his record down south would mean he would be a big player for us. Wonder if the hamstring injury that he had earlier in the season has been a big problem for him?

Yet another clean sheet for the defence - Great stuff.

Edited by Alan Murray

A game that we probably would have lost 2 seasons ago. Shows you how much stronger our team is getting year on year under Archie.

I thought Frans was immense at the back, he's undroppable after that performance,

Seaborne is good defensively but as a rule Bannigan should come and take the ball off him with a simple 5 yard pass. His punts up the park nearly always result in us losing possession.

Welsh continues to be very poor, I don't think we would have scored last night if he had stayed on the park.

Pogba made a big difference when he came on. I would start him instead of Welsh and go 2 up front from the start on Saturday.

• Like 3

Just seen the highlights on Motherwell TV you tube(sorry cant post a link)

Thomas didn't have a save to make, our defence looked brilliant, we had far more shots on goal , Gary's header off the line was absolutely fantastic.

I just watched too. Big Seaborne was indeed immense, and you're right: Cerny never touched the ball during the entire highlights. They did seem to have the better 1st-half chances (though it might be edited to make it look so), but definitely us in the 2nd half.

The piece of dribbling by the Well player starting at 1: 05 is brilliant; goal of the season if he's scored it.

Edited by Jaggernaut

I just watched too. Big Seaborne was indeed immense, and you're right: Cerny never touched the ball during the entire highlights. They did seem to have the better 1st-half chances (though it might be edited to make it look so), but definitely us in the 2nd half. The piece of dribbling by the Well player starting at 1: 05 is brilliant; goal of the season if he's scored it.

loved how cool Osman was to do the pass at 2;18 mins that lead to a break away and Bannigan having to be dragged down, he could have just thrashed it but he kept his head

Despite what has been said Motherwell did have shots on goal, it's just that our defenders were flinging themselves in the way to block before Cerny had a chance to save. An even game a I thought except after Pogba came on when I thought we created more danger. Still would have happily accepted a point but am delirious at getting all three.