Hamilton 15/10/16.

Auld Jag

Big game on Saturday.Imo we need to win this,i know some will say it is to early in the season to say that.But after this we are at home to Ross County then we have 2 away games then our next 3 home games are against Aberdeen,Celtic and Sevco.I think this game is like our first game against Dundee UTD last season,we won that and we didnt look back we know what happened to UTD

I think we have three games in a row now that we must take points from. Even though 2 of the teams are away they are still not that much better than us and we should be capable of picking up points. Agree though that getting 3 points against Hamilton could be vital as that would take little pressure off in the following away games.

I think we have three games in a row now that we must take points from. Even though 2 of the teams are away they are still not that much better than us and we should be capable of picking up points. Agree though that getting 3 points against Hamilton could be vital as that would take little pressure off in the following away games.

Next two games are at home. Even this early in the season, we really do need to get a victory on board and it would be good to start on Saturday. We really need to be beating the Hamiltons, Killie's Dundee's etc, especially at home. Saturday is massive, win and we could kick start the season, lose and I fear the likes of Gums, The Cup etc will come flooding back on here. In normal circumstances I would be confident of winning this weekend, but the current state of the defence leaves me less than confident!

Big game on Saturday.Imo we need to win this,i know some will say it is to early in the season to say that.

I couldn't agree more. We are still long way from May, but the Jags need points, need a win. Also would be a boost/relief to see Azeez actually put a ball in the back of the net.

I couldn't agree more. We are still long way from May, but the Jags need points, need a win. Also would be a boost/relief to see Azeez actually put a ball in the back of the net.

Need a win, but also need to keep a clean sheet and I'm not convinced we're capable of that just now, so I reckon a score draw as well

Has Cerny recovered from injury and if so do we replace Scully? I'm inclined to suggest sticking with Scully as he's done nothing wrong in the past few games. Although the opposite argument to 'not changing a settled defence' may apply here....

Agree that Ryan has done nothing wrong since he came in, however Cerny is by far the better keeper and if he is fit, in my opinion he must start. Hopefully this time he won't suffer any reoccurrence of the ankle problem and if he does he needs to be referred for an operation to get the matter solved permanently.

• Like 1

A win would certainly help lift the mood and kick start the season. At the very least we need to not lose otherwise it will be a long season.

Would settle for a poor performance and win rather than plaudits and wondering why we contrived not to pick up the three points. Would be happy to go with LLD's team above except replacing Osman with Edwards. Been critical of Ziggy but maybe also tempted to keep him in rather than Elliott just because sometimes the ex-player makes the difference, although fully aware this can often backfire too as they try too hard.

Harsh to drop edwards after ibrox. If anyone should be dropped its osman. He has been disappointing so far and would maybe let him sit it out. Other than that i go for the same as above

would agree with osman being left out for this game

cerney

gordon devine lindsay booth

barton edwards

amoo/lawless doolan erskine

azeez

but no doubt archie will go for lets keep it tight and play osman welsh in mid field

I think they are all big games / must wins until we climb the league a bit. I don't think the main cause for concern right now is goalkeeping. Mostly i'm concerned with the back four and in particular Devine, as i'm guessing a lot of Accies play in our half is going to be centered around him if they have done their homework. I'm hoping Gordon can prove more valuable in this game in both wanting to beat his old side and the inside knowledge.

Would like to see Elliott and Barton feature in this game.

Not in the country for this one so going to give the streaming a go. :)

Keep Scully - done nothing wrong at all from what I've seen.

Osman - needs to be dropped I'm afraid - started the season badly & with him and / or Welsh in the side, we have next to no threat. Edwards has been excellent - needs to play. Devine, hmm - maybe time to see Barton there? Gordon, time for a rest.

Be tempted to stick Doolan & Azeez up top - we need to take the game to Hamilton. They're no great shakes so we can take them!

Scully

Elliot Barton Lindsay Booth

Amoo Edwards Lawless

Erskine

Doolan Azeez

Going for the we'll score more than you approach...

• Like 2

I would start both Doolan and Azeez. Not Dooland behind Azeez, but Doolan BESIDE Azeez.

2 up front. Azeez can run the channels and harass the centre halves, Doolan can get himself in to the box and on the end of chances.

It's Hamilton at home, surely we can afford to play 2 up front in this game if not any others?

The thing about our system is it should give you 2 or more guys in the box when attacking but it's a mental thing, especially if the team is maybe lacking a bit of confidence. Players don't do the support running. However, Dools as a natural goalscorer will get into these positions so we can play our usual system with him as the "support striker". Of the other players Erskine is the next best at getting into scoring positions so ought to play and the question is whether you go with Amoo or Lawless. Can't play both unless you drop either Dools or Azeez. Midfield Edwards and Barton. I don't think this is the game we need to try out Barton as centreback, too important. I noted the manager saying that as a back four our defence are playing OK but individual errors (by different players) are killing us - that and not scoring enough goals). Just go with usual back four and hopefully they will cut out these mistakes tomorrow.

Though I feel the current back 4 ought to be able to be able to be a decent unit I think lack of centreback options means there is no pressure to make them perform. Barton looks from the little I've seen of him like he could be a good midfield player but he doesn't convince me he could be a good defender. Being tall isn't enough you've got to be able to tackle too. We really could do with finding a free agent who can play centreback. There's nothing like someone challenging for your position to make a player improve his game.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 1